The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

xoxoxoBruce 06-12-2013 03:52 PM

8:49 AM
Quote:

The little fucker.
9:11 AM
Quote:

I feel a little sorry for him.
You didn't even have time to plot an appropriate revenge, you pussy. :lol2:

ZenGum 06-12-2013 07:46 PM

Well, if he's the only one who drinks soda, a revenge plan seems obvious. Wait a few weeks, buy some soda, make a hole in the can... :devil:

Water? beetroot juice? Cat's piss?

footfootfoot 06-12-2013 08:37 PM

Beeswax will seal it nicely.

orthodoc 06-12-2013 08:41 PM

You guys are evil. ;)

orthodoc 06-12-2013 09:32 PM

Okay, what's making me very nervous ... I'm in the middle of three intense weeks of courses, did a crazy travel one last week that just about did me in (almost didn't successfully complete the drive home ...); and now spending 9 hours/day in lectures for International Health/Tropical Diseases. I have to finish a 12-page project for last week's course and email it by tomorrow night. I have to pull together a proposal for a paper for the Int'l Health course by tomorrow night, to hand in Friday morning. And write the paper by next Friday, when I also have a 2-hour exam on the course.

I've just started tamoxifen and it's giving me nuclear hot flashes all fricking night. I got a Fitbit One and it recorded me as sleeping 5 1/2 hours last night (spent 7 1/2 hours in bed) with 17 awakenings. No wonder I'm tired.

I don't know if I'll pull this one off. So far I've done it, I've gone without enough sleep to get it done. I'll probably do that again and pull something out of my ass in time to satisfy the profs. But I'm seriously apprehensive, or stressed, or whatever. :thepain:

xoxoxoBruce 06-13-2013 06:06 AM

If you needed more sleep your body would take it upon itself to provide it. What is really fucking you up is worrying about not getting the amount of sleep you think you need. ;)

Lamplighter 07-06-2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We have some blackberry vines on our property.

My wife sleeps on the window side.
Last night she had a dream where she heard a voice saying " FEED ME ! "

footfootfoot 07-06-2013 01:05 PM

Little shop of horrors?

BigV 07-08-2013 09:09 PM

I did not finish weeding the front garden (north plot) before I started in on the margaritos.

I'm not actually apprehensive, on the contrary, quite relaxed, but it might prove to be a problem when I don't have the driveway cleared in time for the delivery of my recycled bricks scheduled for tomorrow.

also, I'm sneezing hard enough to alarm the dogs. I don't care about their baseless alarm, but the seemingly endless series of convulsions do make my back hurt.

BigV 07-08-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 869475)
We have some blackberry vines on our property.

My wife sleeps on the window side.
Last night she had a dream where she heard a voice saying " FEED ME ! "

I will address *my alarm* at the subject of this thread presently.

Sundae 07-11-2013 11:38 AM

I am worrying to a ridiculous degree about starting my new supermarket job.
It might be because of the amount of training I have to undertake.
I've only had that level of training in two jobs; one when I was a school-leaver going to work in an office, and one when I was a waitress for a then-unfinished restaurant (I quit after two weeks.)

Tomorrow is my uniform fitting.
I will be paid.
I've already clocked up 3 hours training online, for which I will be paid.
Then I have a Welcome Meeting and Orientation and from 22 July (yes, paid) I'm technically on the payroll because there's more... OMG MUCH more.

Good news for the old bank balance (although I'm only going to work 20 hours when employed.)

Two of my training sessions are on Rotisserie.
Two things you can guarantee with me:
- Given the slightest opportunity I will wear the wrong shoes
- Given the slightest opportunity I will burn myself

They have a strict dress code.
So no dangerous shoes.
But I see ouchies coming.

Chocolatl 07-11-2013 11:52 AM

Time to invest some of that paycheck in some burn gel, sounds like.

BigV 07-11-2013 12:09 PM

reminds me of one of murphy's laboratory laws, hot glass looks exactly like cold glass.

I'm sure the hot metal is masquerading in the same way. Be careful, but be prepared to be burned. Know where the ice is.

Other than that, HOW EXCITING!!

orthodoc 07-15-2013 05:46 PM

I have my post-chemo PET/CT scan on Thursday. It will show whether my 'hot' area from last fall has resolved with chemo, and presumably (hopefully) demonstrate that no other 'hot' areas exist. I plan to grab the radiologist and sweet-talk him/her into a quick read, so that I don't have to wait until my August 12 appointment with a new oncologist. My original one has departed for the Elysian Fields of the Cleveland Clinic.

If the scan's positive I'll ditch tamoxifen quicker than dirt, because it has destroyed my sleep for the past two months. One night of eight solid hours of sleep ... that would be my Make a Wish if I were young enough.

If it's negative I'll set my sights on the moon and stars. Maybe the moon to start. When you aren't sure of your fuel levels, it's prudent to plan for a stop at the Moon before re-plotting your course for the stars.

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2013 07:30 PM

Or take beans along and make gas on the way. ;)
Hope you get a good read.