The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

Sundae 02-04-2013 02:45 PM

Hey, you want a punch on the chin?! ;)
(that's the way to do it)

At least three lessons a week I have to deal with exceptions to the rule. And in some weeks we hit a bump every day.
We're onto contractions now.
Why does Shall Not become Shan't and Will Not become Won't?

Because it just does. Now shuddup and drink your gin.

infinite monkey 02-04-2013 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aye? What's the ye say sonny?

Sundae 02-07-2013 01:40 PM

Being extravagently optimistic putting this here.
Truth is I am 99% sure I will lose my job tomorrow.

Am telling myself it's not certain (no, just highly likely) and maybe it will be a new start because I WILL get a new job. I coasted a bit after I started volunteering last time, I don't have that luxury now - I'll take any shit offered.

Can't say I believe in luck or prayers, but if you're awake 09.30 GMT, think of me.
I can't post until the end of the day as I haven't let on to the 'rents that anything is wrong. But I expect I'll be done by 10.00.

DanaC 02-07-2013 01:44 PM

Ow shit. Keep us posted chika. Good luck.

glatt 02-07-2013 01:54 PM

:thepain:

limey 02-07-2013 04:57 PM

Ohshit, Sundae!

infinite monkey 02-07-2013 05:35 PM

You are doing the things i do (started working on this in the bin) like to remind yourself to not worry about the unknown, and reminding yourself you just ever know what life may bring if anything does happen. It's been helping a lot but it ain't always easy. :)

And like Wilson Phillips sang:

Don't you know
Things will change
Things will go your way
If you hold on for one more day

And something went my way today. Proof positive! :)

Clodfobble 02-07-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae
Can't say I believe in luck or prayers, but if you're awake 09.30 GMT, think of me.
I can't post until the end of the day as I haven't let on to the 'rents that anything is wrong. But I expect I'll be done by 10.00.

I'm awake. I'm thinking of you from now until then. Hoping for the best.

DanaC 02-08-2013 04:19 AM

How'd you get on chika?

orthodoc 02-08-2013 05:06 AM

Thinking of you, Sundae.

Sundae 02-08-2013 05:42 AM

I wasn't sacked.
But I am on Management Leave. And I will be the subject of an official investigation sometime after half term. I'm still on the staff but not working until then. Can't tell Mum. Am going to have to disappear between 09.00 and 15.20 every day. Bloody hell.

I honestly can't say any more about the situation, because I don't know how thorough these people are and I have been told officially not to discuss this. I can only tell you how I feel, which is bloody awful.

Still. Good blood test results on Wednesday.
Seb (my geeky-cute) counsellor is happy with me, and I'm under 14 stone for the first time in about 7 years.
So if I have to start all over again at least I will be doing it with good health.

And bumped into Tiger's Mum by sheer luck. So she knows, but doesn't know. She will deny any knowledge. I gave her no more info than I am giving you. She used to work in Child Protection so she knows the way these things work. I'm pleased we had a face-to-face conversation. If Tiger is distressed after school (as he was when I was off with bronchitis) she'll understand it better.

Thanks for the support. Am living on a cliff edge until at least March now.
But if I can hammer heavy drinking I can hammer the fuck out of most things thrown at me. Just don't throw any cats.

Chocolatl 02-08-2013 06:20 AM

:-( Good luck, Sundae. Thinking of you.

Would it be easier to tell your mom what's going on rather than live a lie for a month?

Sundae 02-08-2013 06:30 AM

No.
Better to live a lie for a month than have something thrown back in your face for a lifetime.
I get where you're coming from, but I know my Mum.

When I was officially signed off by multiple Doctors and sent home from school as being unfit to work, she was still negative. Her two concerns were that I was disturbing her sleep (I had to sleep in the living room, on sofa cushions every night) and that I would lose my job for being off sick. An x-ray and steroids and inhalers and antibiotics later it was decided it was acute bronchitis. THEN she was happy. THEN she moaned to her friends about how the NHS had let me down.

I honestly don't know what I'll do. Apart from stay sober and hope.

glatt 02-08-2013 07:12 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this Sundae.

If you have a month of having to get out of the house, can you find a temporary volunteer position somewhere? Do they have anything like that? It would give you something to do that would make you feel good about yourself, and you could make a difference somewhere.

Do they have things like food pantries there?

infinite monkey 02-08-2013 07:34 AM

I understand about the apprehension about telling the 'rents. My family, when I would talk about my job troubles, seemed to skim over it...effectively saying "need to keep the job...it's just a job...don't screw up this job" or at least this is how I heard it in my head.

When I had my hiatus and I finally called my mom, on the second day, she was very supportive and was glad I was doing something to help myself. When she visited me she said I looked ten times better (face not as contorted with stress and worry?) than I had the weekend before.

You know your mom better than anyone, of course, so do what you need to do. I just hope you find the support that you need. Of course we support you, too. Take this time to explore options, like the things glatt mentioned, you never know where things might lead you.

And take care of yourself.