The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

footfootfoot 11-16-2010 02:18 PM

What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell

for Monster

smoothmoniker 11-16-2010 03:04 PM

An approaching orchestra deadline, for which I have planned ahead and will probably have enough time to complete my work. But maybe not.

BigV 11-16-2010 04:10 PM

I reckon you'll be done when the curtain goes up.

monster 11-16-2010 08:09 PM

thanks f3. Although now it's making me wish I hadn't although I'm reasonable sure that it's a good thing I did. But I got a Doover.

casimendocina 11-17-2010 04:15 AM

I've had discussions with a company I worked for previously over the phone and via email and I think I've sent all the right "I'm really keen" and "we both know that I'm amazing at my job" and "I can start within a month" kind of vibes. The COO was going to ring last night (it's overseas) and emailed yesterday, but I haven't heard anything so I'm really hoping that it's a case of they're relaxed with the fact that they've all but hired someone and we just have to sort out the details and not that they've found someone else who can start earlier than me or other people they've been speaking to have less questions than me. If I do actually get the job, we can do Round 2 of Where is Casimendocina? (Ali and Zen will not be allowed to participate as they already know the location).

xoxoxoBruce 11-17-2010 05:18 AM

But if you do get the job, as it appears you will, you know the answers to your questions, and can move with confidence.
It just occurred to me, the questions may show them you know the ropes and can hit the ground running. :thumbsup:

casimendocina 11-17-2010 04:34 PM

Cheers Bruce.

Given that I know exactly what the work is like as I've done it before and loved it, I mainly asked them questions about the logistics of the pay side of things (transferring money home takes some setting up). I'm checking with a former student who also works for the organisation to see what she advises about whether I wait for them to contact me or contact them myself first. Aside from that, the whole thought process in between has developed into whatever happens will turn out for the best. If I don't go o/s, I can go interstate, have a temporary career change. The options are not limitless, but broad.

Clodfobble 11-17-2010 06:49 PM

Monster, what's a Doover?

As to the thread subject, I have this sort of vague inkling in the back of my head that maybe I'll go back to school. I'm nowhere near decided, let alone committed, so there's nothing to be apprehensive about just yet. But I might get there.

monster 11-17-2010 06:58 PM

It's what they call a do-over in Hector's class. they even have a doover stamp.

casimendocina 11-18-2010 08:25 PM

Looking good. (They hadn't called as there was a public holiday). We're now talking dates and flight times.

smoothmoniker 11-18-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothmoniker (Post 694559)
An approaching orchestra deadline, for which I have planned ahead and will probably have enough time to complete my work. But maybe not.

Finished this morning at 10am, first rehearsal with orchestra is tomorrow afternoon ... time management FTW!

fo0hzy 11-19-2010 01:36 AM

Being back after two years, knowing noone saved my seat.

xoxoxoBruce 11-19-2010 01:43 AM

Of course we did, sit right over here... oh, throw that crap on the floor... and tell us what you've been up to. ;)

fo0hzy 11-19-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 695073)
Of course we did, sit right over here... oh, throw that crap on the floor... and tell us what you've been up to. ;)

Well.

Aside from saving that humpback whale? I've been learning mandarin and improving my internet slang (IE: w00t! LOL & GTFO (all toughies for me, before))... I raised a small bitter ex-wife into a 'great' ex-wife. FWB. Note I didn't say 'large' ex-wife. No need to judge when a thesaurus is handy.

I was on TV. I was on Radio. I sat on everything.

It rained. It was a DARK AND STORMY NIGHT.

Double Rainbow.

Hence.....

xoxoxoBruce 11-19-2010 02:38 AM

You didn't run for the Senate?