The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

xoxoxoBruce 09-10-2012 01:19 AM

Agreed, inconsistent bosses are ulcer material. Hard to hit the target when it's moving erratically.

jimhelm 09-17-2012 01:36 PM

well, today we had a 3.5 hour meeting in which newboss identified the areas of this dealership that are performing at sub par levels. He also told us what we are going to do to fix it, and how long it was going to take. he made us commit to specific improvements in bottom line $$ improvement.

I came away with the realization that I don't know nearly as much about the car business as I could. This guy knows his shit. I hope I have the opportunity to learn some of it from him. Much of the improvement he needs out of my department depend on improvements to other departments... but I may need to get more involved in those departments to help affect them. I'm kind of stoked about it, really.

Nice to have a Captain steering the ship again.

glatt 09-17-2012 02:03 PM

Well that's cool! I hope it works out really well for you. If it winds up sucking, you can always go elsewhere.

Trilby 09-22-2012 02:05 PM

I haven't seen my black kitty-cat since last night. I don't know where she is - she's NOT in the house. I hope I find her. I've had her since she was a kitten and she doesn't go outside but sometimes she escapes to the outside.

I hope she's not hurt or being held somewhere or picked up by animal control. I am very sad about this. I love her.

monster 09-22-2012 02:10 PM

:apaw::apaw::apaw: :(

Griff 09-22-2012 04:36 PM

Two and a half weeks in and I'm worried about my new co-teacher just not getting it. She just doesn't seem to like kids, especially special ed kids. I'm leading this horse to water but she continuously turns her nose up to it.:mad2:

DanaC 09-22-2012 04:52 PM

Ohh, Tril. Hope you find her soon. *hugs*

Trilby 09-22-2012 04:58 PM

I found her!!! She was outside by the shed! Yay!

xoxoxoBruce 09-22-2012 05:11 PM

Congratulations on being reintroduced to the pleasures of your pussy. ;)

Griff, that's a shame. Can you lead by example or forced to bitch-slapping?

Clodfobble 09-22-2012 06:32 PM

Sorry to hear that, Griff. So many people seem to get into teaching just because they think it'll be reduced hours and summers off, and so many of those seem to go into special ed because they think it'll be even easier. Give her the hardest tasks, and maybe she'll quit?

monster 09-22-2012 06:42 PM

Round here they go into special ed because they can't make it in the regular classrooms and special ed teachers are in shorter supply :(

orthodoc 09-22-2012 07:37 PM

With one notable exception, in my experience (one of my children was in special ed until high school) I have to agree. The exception was, truly, an exceptional teacher. Long may he live and prosper.

@Trilby - so glad you found your kitteh! :)

xoxoxoBruce 09-22-2012 11:38 PM

Griff is exceptional at everything he tackles.

orthodoc 09-23-2012 11:05 AM

Of that I have no doubt. So, assuming Griff didn't spend several years teaching in Erie, PA, there are at least two exceptional special ed teachers in this country.

Hopefully there are more.

Griff 09-23-2012 02:38 PM

Thanks guys. I'm trying to lead by example but this one...