The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

Undertoad 05-11-2007 01:08 AM

No, they hire people in underdeveloped countries to get past that.

Sundae 05-11-2007 03:23 AM

As well as containing the spam, it does mean new users get to know the place better before creating new threads. If someone has a burning issue they are desperate to discuss they will be willing to wait before starting a thread - after all they can always take advantage of our thread drift policy...

And if it's not a burning issue then it can obviously wait until the ban is lifted. If you need your own thread so badly you might be better off on a faster moving forum (using "you" to refer to everyone apart from me, not to refer to Drax specifically)

The only situation in which I can see anyone being disadvantaged by the rule is a long time reader who knows this place well and wants a Cellar opinion on something current.

Cloud 05-11-2007 09:04 AM

Does the tip jar work?

BigV 05-11-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 342351)
Welcome to the cellar drax.:D
A few is until we get your dossier from Homeland Security.

Um, could be a little wait there... we can't find the hard drive.

But I have a feeling the information will soon be available on the internets.

Oh yeah. Welcome, Drax, to the cellar. Don't take it personally.

Spexxvet 05-11-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 342530)
Does the tip jar work?

It did the last time I used it.

monster 05-11-2007 12:11 PM

I managed to get it to work eventually

Drax 05-11-2007 05:34 PM

Question about Signatures

Any rules on siggys? Image size? Whether or not they're allowed? Text line limit? Text size limit?

jinx 05-11-2007 05:51 PM

UT, have you been advertising the cellar on myspace or something lately? Just curious...

Drax 05-11-2007 05:57 PM

I hate MySpace myself.

Griff 05-11-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 342614)
UT, have you been advertising the cellar on myspace or something lately? Just curious...

Our demographics seem to be shifting, eh? I predict a very strange summer 'round here.

monster 05-11-2007 06:44 PM

Don't know about rules, but people will soon let you know if your sig pisses them off! :lol:

xoxoxoBruce 05-11-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax (Post 342607)
Any rules on siggys? Image size? Whether or not they're allowed? Text line limit? Text size limit?

Did you look around at all before you joined? No, you can't put that avatar in you signature.

Elspode 05-14-2007 12:29 AM

Hey, the drugs have worn off, and I just noticed that the Meta header has changed...when did that happen?

Undertoad 05-14-2007 07:08 AM

Couple weeks ago. Too many people were confused by the word "friendly", thinking it meant they were never to receive any sort of criticism or negative reaction whatsoever.

Drax 05-14-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 342648)
Did you look around at all before you joined?

Ummm...yeah. :rolleyes: No rules about graphic siggies though:

Quote:

There are only three RULES of the Cellar.

1. Do not try to break the law using the Cellar.
2. Do not try to break the Cellar.
3. Do not be "intolerably irritating".

The meaning of that last item is of course open to interpretation. But basically, if you are a troll, attention whore, moron, spammer, single-issue hammer, or otherwise want to hurt or "test" this community, you WILL be removed and banned.

If you post a link on your first post, expect your message to disappear, and your account to be banned. If you post a message that looks like a pitch in any way, expect your message to disappear. If you post a "real" message on your first post, and a pitch message on your second, expect both messages to disappear. We are extremely effective at this, and we are paying attention.

Lastly, this is a forum for adults, and we assume the content here is likely to be obscene or possibly offensive. All messages express the views of the people who wrote them.
I also need clarification on rule 2.