The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wildlife, living next to nature (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29992)

Gravdigr 09-02-2016 12:52 PM

That bull vid reminds me of the time the bottom radiator hose blew off my Blazer (S-10 Blazer). It just so happened that there was a little pull off on the side of the road, right where I needed one. A little off the road there was one of those red tube farm gates you see everywhere. On that gate was this hand painted sign:

KEEP OUT!!!
BAD, BAD BULL!!!

My curiosity was piqued, but, I kept out.

BigV 09-05-2016 05:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
There I was, minding my own business, in my own back yard, when I saw something ... alarming.

Oh, yeah. That's a yellowjacket nest the size is a basketball, hanging off the eave of the garage. My friends on the cellar will *love this*.
Attachment 57791

I'll just pose with it so they know I was here, #holdmybeer #whatcouldpossiblygowrong #nobiggie
Attachment 57792

Well, it's kind of a biggie. I made three trips with the camera after I saw it for the first time. The first few pics didn't do the size justice so I tried to take a pic without a messed up forced perspective. My palm is on the surface of the nest. I reckon it could hold a basketball if it were completely hollow. That means the ten thousand fucking flying assassins it's filled with gotta go.
Attachment 57793

Now I gotta go!
Attachment 57794

glatt 09-05-2016 08:08 PM

Wait until night time before you fuck with it, and wear long pants and a jacket.

captainhook455 09-05-2016 08:17 PM

Good advice. Cooler the better.

tarheel

classicman 09-05-2016 08:54 PM

Stuff a couple M-80s in there... Bwahahahahaaaaaa

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2016 10:06 PM

Just a can of insect killer right in the hole after dark. The dead bees clog the hole and the rest can't escape the poison.

Gravdigr 09-06-2016 10:29 AM

Killit. Killit with fire.

In fact, just burn the whole garage.

Gravdigr 09-06-2016 10:30 AM

Also:

GAH!!!

BigV 09-06-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 968483)
Killit. Killit with fire.

In fact, just burn the whole garage.

Hehe, a less yellow jacket phobic friend of Twil's suggested we burn down just that part of the house.

I kinda like your plan better.

captainhook455 09-06-2016 09:40 PM

I like the idea of burning the garage, but only if a Victory motorcycle is inside.

tarheel

Gravdigr 09-06-2016 10:33 PM

I love the smell of a burning garage in the morning...Smells like [snniiiiiffff], Victory.

glatt 09-09-2016 08:52 AM

I should have taken a picture, but it didn't occur to me. Last night I was at my dead cousin's vacant house, organizing some stuff, when I heard a rustling from the chimney/fireplace. I had seen evidence (muddy footprints) of a raccoon in the bathtub a week before and searched the house for actual raccoons but found none. Last week I had closed the chimney flue, and closed the glass front to the fireplace. It had been ajar. I put heavy boxes right in front of it.

So last night I heard some rustling from the fireplace, and I walked over there and yelled in my stern voice "Get out of here!" The rustling stopped. So I went back to going through some boxes and a couple minutes later I heard rustling again.

I finished up what I was doing, and went to the store to get a bottle of ammonia. I planned to soak a few rags and put them in the fire place so the eye watering fumes would drive the raccoon(s) out. I pulled the boxes out of the way of the glass door and there was a racoon just sitting there looking at me through the glass. Not in the chimney, in the fireplace. The little shit had pulled the flue open and climbed into the fireplace. He was kinda cute though and I felt sorry for him. A juvenile. Still I went into the kitchen and got a funnel. Opened the glass doors a quarter inch, stuck the funnel in there, and poured a cup or two of ammonia into the fire place right next to the raccoon.

I closed the glass door, put a heavy box of books back in front of it, and stepped away to the other side of the room. The raccoon was doing nothing, so I gathered up my stuff to head out, when all of a sudden the raccoon stated sneezing and kind of retching. I felt bad for the cute little guy, but screw him.

I went home and had trouble sleeping. Thinking about raccoons. This morning, I went back over there before work, and the guy was gone. So I soaked some rags and put them up into the flue that it has pulled ajar. Then I poured the rest of the ammonia into a plastic bucket and left it in the fireplace. Closed the glass doors. Put the box of books in front of the doors, and came to work.

Now I need to find a chimney sweep to put a cap on the chimney. Another freakin' chore.

Gravdigr 09-09-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 968630)
I felt bad for the cute little guy, but screw him.

Lawyers.

:p:

footfootfoot 09-13-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 968630)
I should have taken a picture, but it didn't occur to me. Last night I was at my dead cousin's vacant house, organizing some stuff, when I heard a rustling from the chimney/fireplace. I had seen evidence (muddy footprints) of a raccoon in the bathtub a week before and searched the house for actual raccoons but found none. Last week I had closed the chimney flue, and closed the glass front to the fireplace. It had been ajar. I put heavy boxes right in front of it.

So last night I heard some rustling from the fireplace, and I walked over there and yelled in my stern voice "Get out of here!" The rustling stopped. So I went back to going through some boxes and a couple minutes later I heard rustling again.

I finished up what I was doing, and went to the store to get a bottle of ammonia. I planned to soak a few rags and put them in the fire place so the eye watering fumes would drive the raccoon(s) out. I pulled the boxes out of the way of the glass door and there was a racoon just sitting there looking at me through the glass. Not in the chimney, in the fireplace. The little shit had pulled the flue open and climbed into the fireplace. He was kinda cute though and I felt sorry for him. A juvenile. Still I went into the kitchen and got a funnel. Opened the glass doors a quarter inch, stuck the funnel in there, and poured a cup or two of ammonia into the fire place right next to the raccoon.

I closed the glass door, put a heavy box of books back in front of it, and stepped away to the other side of the room. The raccoon was doing nothing, so I gathered up my stuff to head out, when all of a sudden the raccoon stated sneezing and kind of retching. I felt bad for the cute little guy, but screw him.

I went home and had trouble sleeping. Thinking about raccoons. This morning, I went back over there before work, and the guy was gone. So I soaked some rags and put them up into the flue that it has pulled ajar. Then I poured the rest of the ammonia into a plastic bucket and left it in the fireplace. Closed the glass doors. Put the box of books in front of the doors, and came to work.

Now I need to find a chimney sweep to put a cap on the chimney. Another freakin' chore.

What, no bleach too?

glatt 09-13-2016 11:41 AM

You know what my wonderful wife did yesterday? It was a day off and she called a chimney sweep and met him at the house while he put a cap on the chimney. Adventure over. Thankfully.