The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

footfootfoot 02-27-2014 05:05 PM

I hope it's just garden variety shitty ankle syndrome. That's why I keep a spare...

Clodfobble 02-28-2014 09:27 AM

Let us know how the scans go, ortho. :fingerx:

footfootfoot 02-28-2014 10:42 AM

glatt 02-28-2014 11:00 AM

I need to be watching more of Louis CK. He rocks.

BigV 02-28-2014 05:18 PM

He is super funny. But. I watched a couple episodes of his regular "show", he has a show, y'know. It was not pleasant. All about how awkward things were as he tried to find a romantic connection after divorce. It was ugly and unfunny.

Clodfobble 02-28-2014 05:25 PM

His show is different from his standup, yes. It's ugly, but the whole point of it is that there is beauty in ugly. One of my favorite episodes is where he is briefly hired as a sitcom writer, and gets fired because he is trying to make a show that is essentially like his actual show you are watching, and the producers would rather bring Bob Saget in deliver cheesy family one-liners instead. The episode where he carries a baby duck around Iraq made me tear up. It was ugly and beautiful.

footfootfoot 02-28-2014 06:07 PM

It's a sad and beautiful world

Lola Bunny 02-28-2014 09:30 PM

So, last year my sister went to the doctor. She's been complaining of occasional dips in her blood pressure, dizziness, headaches, weariness or getting extremely tired, and lack of energy. So, the doctor said, let's see if something's wrong with you or it's life getting you down. A week later, my sister came back for blood results. The doctor informed her that she nothing is wrong with her. She said to take vitamins, exercise, and come back in 3 months. :eyebrow: Hahahaha.....and yeah, my sister never came back. She thought it'd be a waste of time and money.

DanaC 03-01-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 893634)
His show is different from his standup, yes. It's ugly, but the whole point of it is that there is beauty in ugly. One of my favorite episodes is where he is briefly hired as a sitcom writer, and gets fired because he is trying to make a show that is essentially like his actual show you are watching, and the producers would rather bring Bob Saget in deliver cheesy family one-liners instead. The episode where he carries a baby duck around Iraq made me tear up. It was ugly and beautiful.

Is that the show you mentioned when we were discussing the differences between British and American comedy styles?

The two Js were over here a couple of hours ago and they were raving it. They've got the first couple of series downloaded so J is bringing it round next time they come :)

orthodoc 03-01-2014 03:55 PM

The radiologist says the foot issue is a stress fracture. Hooray! I drank a toast to stress fractures last night. Now I'm more confident about the hip pain. Guess that study program won't go to waste after all. :D

(And no thanks to stupid Arimidex. A fracture after being on it only two months? WTF.)

DanaC 03-01-2014 04:04 PM

You know you've had a bad couple of years if you're cheering for a fractured foot :p

orthodoc 03-01-2014 04:11 PM

I know ... but think how much higher I now get to climb on the happiness scale. I can only go up from here! So I'm toasting the fracture! :p:

orthodoc 03-01-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 893577)

Hahahaha! Now I know what I have - Incurable Shitty Foot Syndrome. And from now on I will stretch it every day, and this will be a new thing I do. I'll probably skip the 10 Aleve per day, though. I like my kidneys.

Clodfobble 03-01-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC
Is that the show you mentioned when we were discussing the differences between British and American comedy styles?

The two Js were over here a couple of hours ago and they were raving it. They've got the first couple of series downloaded so J is bringing it round next time they come

Yes, that's the one! Let me know what you think when you see it. I want to confirm whether I know your taste like I think I do. :) (I also predict that Foot & UT would like it, Griff & Lola would hate it, and Sundae would mostly like it except for the darkest bits...)

glatt 03-01-2014 07:26 PM

Hey Ortho, I'm happy for you that you broke your foot. And I mean that in the nicest possible way!