The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

Happy Monkey 12-26-2003 08:20 PM

I like Firebird. Tabbed browsing is great. I've got Opera installed, but while I miss some of its features, something makes me prefer Firebird.

insoluble 12-26-2003 09:45 PM

Firebird is also cool b/c you can block images from certain servers ie: ads

lumberjim 12-29-2003 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, so I downloaded and installed Mozilla 1.5. it appears to be a skin for my existing netscape. it has all of my bookmarks, my mail settings, my mail itself, etc....

the navigation buttons are even the same.

Undertoad 12-29-2003 07:58 AM

If you want it to look different, and not just work better, go to View -> Apply Theme. Netscape 7 was based on Mozilla 1.0 (roughly, I can't remember).

lumberjim 12-29-2003 08:45 AM

DOES it work better? the install and download were pretty quick......it's not just a slightly different interface that uses netscapes nuts and bolts? the features all seem the same....( my IM doesn't work in mozilla, tho). Are the two programs owned by the same people?

Undertoad 12-29-2003 08:51 AM

Did your Netscape have tabbed browsing?

Go to Edit->Preferences->Tabbed Browsing and check the boxes "Load links in background" and "Middle-click...on links on a web page". Start middle-clicking or ctrl-clicking on links.

lumberjim 12-29-2003 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad
Did your Netscape have tabbed browsing?

Go to Edit->Preferences->Tabbed Browsing and check the boxes "Load links in background" and "Middle-click...on links on a web page". Start middle-clicking or ctrl-clicking on links.

Yup.

i like that. i take it mozilla does the same thing?

Undertoad 12-29-2003 09:50 AM

Yes, well, Netscape isn't going to be developed any longer, so you basically go Mozilla suite from now on. Mozilla isn't really owned by anyone. It's developed mostly by a foundation, Netscape gave it the initial boost of people and money and such IIRC.

Mozilla developers have no other goal than to build a great browser, and so in three years of development from scratch they've so far built something better than IE.

lumberjim 12-29-2003 11:00 AM

i'll use mozilla at home and stick with netscape at work....after i have gotten used to them, i'll let you know which one i like better.

thanks for the advice, once again, ya helpful fuck!

Undertoad 12-29-2003 11:16 AM

S'ok! I love Mozilla, and I think Firebird, once it reaches maturity and becomes "Mozilla Browser", will easily dominate the world.

lumberjim 01-13-2004 08:04 PM

THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION

WHAT THE FUCK DOES "BLOG" MEAN?

elSicomoro 01-13-2004 08:32 PM

It's short for "web log"...a web diary of sorts. The Manifestos are a blog, more or less. But unlike standard blogs, I let slobs like you reply to my posts.

dar512 01-13-2004 08:34 PM

Short for web log.

elSicomoro 01-13-2004 08:43 PM

Re: THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim
WHAT THE FUCK DOES "BLOG" MEAN?
Quit posting in caps, you spazz.

lumberjim 01-14-2004 10:22 AM

Re: Re: THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore

Quit posting in caps, you spazz.

what are you, dave Jr?

i have to use caps in the program i use for deals, and sometimes i forget to switch back

......[frank rizzo]don't make me come down there for you either, tough guy![/frank rizzo]