The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

fargon 10-09-2015 08:30 PM

That sux doc.

xoxoxoBruce 10-09-2015 08:41 PM

Room for a lawsuit? :(

glatt 10-10-2015 07:28 AM

Fuckers

it 10-10-2015 08:13 AM

Wait why are we sad for this, isn't this a good thing? I thought you hated working there, your co workers treated you like shit. Now you get to have a fresh start somewhere else.

limey 10-10-2015 09:15 AM

And sue the fockers, no?

Sent by thought transference

orthodoc 10-10-2015 10:04 PM

Yes, I plan to sue these people in as many ways as are available to me.

But no, traceur, this is not a good thing. These are not good people, and they took pains to make yesterday painful and humiliating. As for the bigger picture, being fired throws several wrenches in the works.

xoxoxoBruce 10-10-2015 10:31 PM

With the way they've been fucking with you, it shouldn't be a complete surprise. But you probably didn't notice the whispering because you were too goddamn busy trying to do a good job, eh. And maybe one or two personal things to think about too.

You can lay out the whole thing on the table as fair and impartially as you can, hoping your prospective future employer will accept that in lieu of a recommendation. But I fear they would freak out, lawyers, federal violations, drama, we want no parts of this. Alternatively, you could present some of the facts, making you look pretty good and them a little unreasonable(rather than the complete dicks they are), wrapped in a little chocolate to make it easier to swallow. You know, just enough to get by the recommendation thing, but not reveal the possible nuclear explosion to come.

Hmm, you could also... no, not you, no way, you're too nice... nevermind. ;)

classicman 10-11-2015 09:55 AM

Damn sorry Doc... Keep your head up, paste a smile on that pretty face & breathe. Somehow this will work out. It always does.

it 10-11-2015 04:49 PM

btw are you an actual orthodontist?

sexobon 10-11-2015 04:58 PM

:lol2:

classicman 10-16-2015 08:32 AM

I wasn't sure what thread to put this in, so I chose this one.
I'm about to quit my job - today is the day. Its been a total grind full of headbutting and incredibly idiotic decisions by management which I am uncomfortable with ethically and which impaired my ability to earn a reasonable living. So, I found another oppty where I am getting a much increase base and have infinitely more potential income without the layers of stupid at the old place.
I'm sad in that I really like my immediate supervisor and I'm now leaving him in the lurch.
I'm also going to miss working with one of my best friends - the guy who recommended me for the position in the first place. I'm also nervous as hell leaving a known entity for a start-up. I'm really fucked if this doesn't work out.
Dreading making the call...

Clodfobble 10-16-2015 08:52 AM

You can do it!!!!

glatt 10-16-2015 10:23 AM

Exciting, classicman!

You go, man! Seriously.

Undertoad 10-16-2015 10:33 AM

Having just done this, part of it is the fantasizing about how it will go, huh?

I'm gonna walk right in there and tell them what idiots they are --

-- and how dumb this whole thing is and how my future isn't going to be dumb --

-- and --

-- and not burn any bridges, because why piss anyone off? You never know what night happen in the future. Blow steam off at the Cellar, that's what we're all here for.

classicman 10-16-2015 11:23 AM

thanks guys ....

Did it over the phone. My immediate supervisor was destroyed.
"Are you serious? Tell me you're just fucking with me. You gotta be kidding me, right?"
Literally thats what he said. When I told him tat I was done today - no two weeks notice... He asked WTF why would you do that to me. I responded with I know the way things have gone in the past - I'm done. Clean break. This is hard enough for me as it is.
We talked for about 10 minutes about accounts and why ... Told him I thought highly of him and ... Its done.