The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

Carruthers 06-11-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1033865)
That English Ivy is the devil.

It's considered a noxious weed around here. I've ripped out miles of vines. It kills trees from above and below, strangling the roots and crushing the canopy.

Kill it on sight.

There's a crab apple tree out on the road which has been almost completely smothered by ivy.

Only a few branches ever see the light of day and they are only apparent when there's blossom.

The ivy is so dense around the trunk that you can't actually touch it.

I know, I've tried!

Griff 06-12-2019 06:49 AM

It's fun to saw that yew has a yaw. (sorry)

Gravdigr 06-12-2019 12:37 PM

That yew told me to say "Fuck all yaw."

monster 10-14-2019 11:30 PM

I have both 2018 tax returns in envelopes to take to the post office tomorrow. I think they're right :/

After getting over the emotional planet-sized roadblock of doing the taxes by myself ....this was always me and beest against the world (especially the last few years as we did them during chemo) ......and I just couldn't hand it over to someone else because I promised him we'd be OK and I could so it and this was part of it.....

I then had to address the incredible complexities introduces by the various incomes related to his death and my actions with those.....

And then the stupid Federal tax form is all changed so I couldn't follow our ritual of 20 years of working from the last year's......

but I think I'm good to go..... right up to the wire.... :D :cry: it might be OK...

Griff 10-15-2019 06:14 AM

Often a job that's done imperfectly is better than a job not done. Essentially the story of my life.

Undertoad 10-15-2019 07:52 AM

This is true of the IRS in my experience

Clodfobble 10-15-2019 08:11 AM

Go monster!

monster 10-15-2019 05:55 PM

Thanks. The fuckers are mailed. fingers crossed any bad things I might have done accidentally were not criminal or expensive.... I just followed directions to the best of my ability but it really is a total crapshoot. I realized as I was inking the final version last night, there were two forms that didn't get mentioned anywhere, so I researched some more and found out what schedule I needed and did all that malarkey....and it did reduce my liability further, except that I was aalready maxed out on that avenue. Oh well. Every form I was sent is mentioned somewhere so..... (there were about 30)

limey 10-15-2019 06:49 PM

Attamonster!

Sent by magick

lumberjim 10-15-2019 06:58 PM

Wish I had known you were struggling. That's what Amanda does for a living. I think she does a good amount of Michigan too. If you get a notice from the IRS , let me know.

monster 10-16-2019 12:36 PM

Thanks, I didn't want help. Except from beest :/

monster 10-16-2019 12:39 PM

Grief has the weirdest ways of making itself known and this was one of my unwelcome grief guests

Gravdigr 10-16-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1039993)
Grief has the weirdest ways of making itself known...

Girl, you done said a mouthful.

monster 10-16-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 1039977)
Wish I had known you were struggling. That's what Amanda does for a living. I think she does a good amount of Michigan too. If you get a notice from the IRS , let me know.

The struggle was mostly emotional. math and following instructions, I got. I think. but thanks. And i will :) Hopefully I won't need to. It was the Federal that took some time. Michigan basically just takes the figure off the Federal form and wants to know your school district number

lumberjim 10-16-2019 08:39 PM

Whatever it is, I'm trying to be there for you.

People die. Purple live. The dead have the easier path. The survivors have to keep waking up every day and get on with life. Anything I can do to share your load, just ask.