The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

monster 11-19-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1039973)
Thanks. The fuckers are mailed. fingers crossed any bad things I might have done accidentally were not criminal or expensive.... I just followed directions to the best of my ability but it really is a total crapshoot. I realized as I was inking the final version last night, there were two forms that didn't get mentioned anywhere, so I researched some more and found out what schedule I needed and did all that malarkey....and it did reduce my liability further, except that I was aalready maxed out on that avenue. Oh well. Every form I was sent is mentioned somewhere so..... (there were about 30)

....and one (the smaller) refund is in the bank...maybe I didn't fuck up....

Gravdigr 11-20-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1041862)
...maybe I didn't fuck up....

Don't jinx it!

monster 11-20-2019 05:16 PM

lol. I have a feeling the Feds are not liking their return....

sexobon 11-27-2019 08:46 PM

President Trump pardoned the Thanksgiving turkey.

It's rumored that the Rear Admiral (2 stars) commanding the Navy SEALs wants to board the turkey before Thanksgiving; because, he wants it kicked off the turkey farm and stripped of its feathers even though it was already planned for the turkey to go into retirement. Despite the Presidential pardon, the Rear Admiral wants the turkey on the table.

The Secretary of Agriculture, who oversees poultry, is believed to have tried make a deal with the President which would allow the Thanksgiving turkey to be boarded; but, taken off the table and retired with all of its feathers while the alternate Thanksgiving turkey took its place. The Agriculture Secretary did not; however, apprise the Admiral (4 stars) who is Acting Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration which oversees sea food and who had no comment regarding SEALs. The Agriculture Secretary is expected to be fired this weekend.

xoxoxoBruce 11-27-2019 10:03 PM

That one it didn't write itself or just roll off the tongue, you had to work for one.
Thanks.

Griff 11-28-2019 08:02 AM

Just a tempest in a stewpot, nothing to see here.

monster 12-04-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1041932)
lol. I have a feeling the Feds are not liking their return....

w00t! The Fed return is in! I did it! I did it!

I also learned -as the boys did their FAFSAs this weekend- that I put my ss wrong on the state return -I transposed two digits. Didn't seem to bother them, though.... they still gave me my money back :/ this is what happens when you do it manually without a second pair of eyes. get your mind out of the gutter. yes, you.

glatt 12-04-2019 08:03 PM

Rock on!

fargon 12-04-2019 09:24 PM

Good Girl monster.

Luce 12-12-2019 08:18 AM

Sometimes Jeremy Corbyn looks almost like he's alive. It's kinda creepy.

glatt 12-14-2019 10:20 AM

Sitting in the waiting area at the gas station. My 24 year old car is next in line for safety inspection and emissions test.

Clodfobble 12-14-2019 11:52 AM

Did you pass?

glatt 12-14-2019 04:22 PM

Yes! They came with my car and I jumped in a drove away instead of updating you all.

And then I fixed my dome light that hadn't worked for a year or so on the door setting. I spent like 2 hours cleaning contacts and checking continuity and voltage and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Finally a Google search told me that I needed to fix a loose rivet, so that's when I noticed a loose rivet was actually the problem. An awkward maneuver consisting of a center punch in a vise and holding the dome light over the punch while holding a nail set with the same hand and whacking it with a hammer with the other hand fixed it perfectly. Replaced the old dim bulb with a bright LED and it's better than new.

Gravdigr 12-14-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1043075)
Yes! They came with my car and I jumped in a drove away instead of updating you all.

Heh, get away quick before they change their mind.

glatt 12-14-2019 07:47 PM

Exactly!