The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

Griff 12-29-2013 04:05 PM

wss

(what she said)

Undertoad 12-29-2013 04:13 PM

There's a level and it's like, for chest pain you give it 3 minutes, if it's a sharp pain in your groin you give it a day, if it's toe numbness you give it a week and a half if it's not getting worse.

limey 12-29-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 887539)
There's a level and it's like, for chest pain you give it 3 minutes, if it's a sharp pain in your groin you give it a day, if it's toe numbness you give it a week and a half if it's not getting worse.

No. The diabetes thing. Now, please.

Sent by thought transference

DanaC 12-29-2013 04:17 PM

yeah, no. I know what you mean about the level...but a week and a half is silly.

Undertoad 12-29-2013 04:20 PM

It'll wait until the 2nd and that is that, sorry.

Eta. For reasons I'm not going into.

sexobon 12-29-2013 04:22 PM

During the meantime, no more typing with your feet.

Clodfobble 12-29-2013 04:28 PM

Okay, I get that you can't see a doc until the 2nd, but check your own blood sugar, yeah? Takes 30 seconds. Couldn't hurt, and if you rule it out at least you'll have more information to give the doc, right?

Undertoad 12-29-2013 04:58 PM

I'm sure they will send me for a test no matter what I say I've done. They have a lab right downstairs.

xoxoxoBruce 12-29-2013 06:50 PM

I've got the test gear... and wine.;)

Undertoad 01-08-2014 02:45 PM

The doc is not at all worried about my toes. Says I have excellent circulation, and the problem is not as bad as I thought. He gave me a set of rehab exercises to do for the lower back, and says check back in in two weeks, if no improvement then there is a battery of tests that can be run.

Clodfobble 01-08-2014 02:53 PM

Yay for good news!

Undertoad 01-08-2014 03:06 PM

It's the "not as bad as I thought" that feels the best.

Since turning 50 I feel like everything is bad news from here on out. "It's not a toomah!" turns into "Maybe it IS a toomah."

Clodfobble 01-11-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 887413)
Before we left my in-laws' house this morning, my sister-in-law started puking. We've still got three left in the house unaffected; I'm expecting this to get everyone before it's all over.

Faaahk. Instead of spreading, it came back around and got Minifob again. Our union's "12 days without a spew" sign just got rolled back to zero. Time to go to the weekend clinic to find out if it's actually something they can treat beyond anti-nausea drugs.

*shakes dice* Come ooonnn, flu, baby needs a new set of antivirals...

Griff 01-12-2014 08:18 AM

Oh noooooooooooooo!

orthodoc 02-27-2014 04:16 PM

I've had nasty left foot pain for the past 6-7 weeks, persisting in spite of ditching my professional shoes (leather flats) for super-cushy Nike running shoes (they look just great with my office clothes). Had an x-ray yesterday to see if it's a stress fracture, which is what it feels like. I haven't done a thing that could cause a stress fracture. I'm no athlete at the moment. My xray report says there's a lucency (clear, dark spot that shouldn't be there) on one of my metatarsals. So I get a bone scan the second week of March.

It'd be very unusual to have a met in my foot, so I'm going to go with the assumption that this is something else. I've had right hip pain over the past two months as well, though, hence the bone scan. Meh. I'm probably just having osteoporotic fractures from the stupid Arimidex. Too soon to tell.

If this pain is from mets, I'll be truly pissed. I just bought a $700 Board-review program.