The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34936)

Happy Monkey 10-12-2020 09:57 AM

Sad story
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFGate
I told my family: "Come on. Enough already. Let's get together and enjoy life for once."
I have no idea which one of us brought the virus into the house, but all six of us left with it. It kept spreading from there.

Griff 10-12-2020 10:11 AM

That's a rough read.

footfootfoot 10-12-2020 10:26 AM

So little sympathy, I'm sorry.

Covid-19: 1
Critical thinking skills: 0

DanaC 10-12-2020 10:50 AM

I have sympathy. There is so much misinformation being spread about this thing and so much mistrust of official sources that I can absolutely see how someone could reach that conclusion. It isnt like they had a massive gathering. Just a few family members - so convinced were they the worst was over.

It's deeply sad. Many, many people, both those who believe the seriousness of Covid and those who don't have taken silly chances here and there - usually pretty small scale and most of them won't have had an experience as bad as that guy and his family

This is the cost of misinformation being spread and/or endorsed by people in government and the media that supports them, alongside the systematic dismantling of whatever trust used to exist for most of the major news outlets

footfootfoot 10-12-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 1060220)
I have sympathy. There is so much misinformation being spread about this thing and so much mistrust of official sources that I can absolutely see how someone could reach that conclusion. It isnt like they had a massive gathering. Just a few family members - so convinced were they the worst was over.

It's deeply sad. Many, many people, both those who believe the seriousness of Covid and those who don't have taken silly chances here and there - usually pretty small scale and most of them won't have had an experience as bad as that guy and his family

This is the cost of misinformation being spread and/or endorsed by people in government and the media that supports them, alongside the systematic dismantling of whatever trust used to exist for most of the major news outlets

I understand what you are saying but despite distrust of media, government, and the commies in the bushes, one can err on the side of caution when in doubt. One can research past pandemics, and one can use reason and logic to try to find a closer approximation of the truth vis a vis this pandemic. Chances are that countries are not inflating their death rates. I see this more of a "I went to google University so I know more than anybody else"

jaminhealth 10-12-2020 03:44 PM

Well here ye here ye, this just arrived from Mike Adams...agree or don't...

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-10-...freedoms.html#

DanaC 10-12-2020 03:51 PM

Jfc

Opening para:

Quote:

The Wuhan coronavirus — engineered by the Chinese military in a bioweapons lab and released upon humanity — has wreaked havoc all across the globe, but that doesn’t mean we need to let it continue to devastate our economies and freedoms.

Griff 10-12-2020 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Flint 10-12-2020 06:36 PM

Oh I know! It's a dog!

fargon 10-12-2020 09:24 PM

Puppeh.

Flint 10-12-2020 10:15 PM

boopin floof snooter chonk boi

monster 10-12-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1060382)
boopin floof snooter chonk boi

:rotflol:

As a non pupper person, even I gotta admit Griff's post was spot on.

Griff 10-13-2020 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A graphic for folks that don't get it.

footfootfoot 10-13-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1058950)
He will be gone, someday; but what will you have become?

You could have led with that rather than jump to calling people assholes if you want to take your own advice.

Dude111 10-13-2020 07:50 PM

A friend wanted me to post this on this thread

Quote:

Last night on Coast to Coast Jay W Richards, PhD spoke for 2 hrs on how unnecessary the lockdowns have been....what SHOULD have been done is isolate the aged, weak immune system people, chronic health people etc...but NOT the country and the world....so much damage has been done...SO MUCH.

Calif is a disaster....so many lost their livelihoods....and apts and and and....
In this great Democratic state ummmm....