The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

Undertoad 02-06-2015 01:54 PM

Dang because I have this pain in my leg for 6 weeks. It's a 1 out of 10, it only hurts when I twist one particular way, and I can't even duplicate that. It just sometimes happens that it hurts, sometimes. Do you think this dirt application is a good remedy here?

Lamplighter 02-06-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

... it only hurts when I twist one particular way, ...
Don't do that

lumberjim 02-06-2015 02:32 PM

LOUIS CK has advice for everything

sexobon 02-07-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 921291)
Dang because I have this pain in my leg for 6 weeks. It's a 1 out of 10, it only hurts when I twist one particular way, and I can't even duplicate that. It just sometimes happens that it hurts, sometimes. Do you think this dirt application is a good remedy here?

Maybe if you apply the dirt to your head.

(humor, psychosomatic)

orthodoc 02-07-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 921293)
LOUIS CK has advice for everything

:lol2:

This is true. I have to say this, more or less, to people almost every day. Maybe I should use this video.

Lamp's and sexobon's recommendations hold for most things.

Don't do that. And if you do, apply the dirt to your head.

Dang, these guys will put me out of bizness.

orthodoc 02-07-2015 10:31 PM

So, something else is making me apprehensive, but I had to laugh at the Louis CK vid.

Unfortunately I can't post it here because it may go to court. Plus, my staff have all gone middle-school drama on me and are acting, truly, like Mean Girls. What is that? I offered to buy them lunch on Friday for the weekly lunchtime staff meeting, and they all put on their coats and marched (ostentatiously) out the door and stayed away the entire lunch hour. A lunch hour, I might add, that they only enjoy because I went to bat for them and made it happen. Before I arrived, the other two docs whose feet they want to kiss didn't give a squat whether the staff ate lunch, and the staff never had a designated lunch time.

So, I have learned that lobbying for humane working conditions for one's staff earns one a cowpie in the face, lobbed by said staff.

Hm. For therapy, I have started weaving again. I took some pics today as I was working on a new project and will post them in a hobby thread, if my chemobrain recalls the way to post pics.

Back to weaving. I'm really enjoying this, wish I'd gotten back to it earlier. Maybe I'll just keep weaving and forget to go to work Monday morning.

Carruthers 02-07-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 921414)

So, I have learned that lobbying for humane working conditions for one's staff earns one a cowpie in the face, lobbed by said staff

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

orthodoc 02-07-2015 10:57 PM

Sigh. Chemobrain will not permit me to upload pics the way I used to ... :(

Oh well. Trying to learn not to give any fucks re work, and chemobrain makes itself felt at inopportune moments. If I try to work at my loom any more tonight I will undoubtedly make major errors that will require hours to repair.

xoxoxoBruce 02-07-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 921414)
Hm. For therapy, I have started weaving again.

Ah, Madame Defarge is keeping track of the traitors... :cool:

Lamplighter 02-08-2015 08:30 AM

Bruce Jenner's private life has gone public. What's next ?

Sometimes the press should just leave things well enough alone.

Griff 02-08-2015 09:20 AM

Yeah, I hesitate to even call them the press. If Bruce decided to tell his story that's one thing but this pursuit is ugliness. Paparazzi.

infinite monkey 02-08-2015 09:42 AM

You mean Bruce Jenner of the reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and who is reportedly in the works for his own new reality show? The one who was just involved in a car accident that had a fatality and they say he might have been messing with his phone? That Bruce? Yeah, why should anyone peep into such a private life? ;)

Point 1 being that being part of the absolute unreal REALITY show ever rather negates any complaints about his lack of privacy. He checked that at the door.

Point 2 being that if a celebrity (and I suppose a reality show guy, and former olympic decathlon winner qualifies for that title) is in an accident involving a fatality, then damn tootin' it's going to be in the news. Right or not, those sorts of things make the news.

Or are you trying to make it about intolerance of his transgenderism? I don't see how that figures in to the recent flurry of news.

Undertoad 02-08-2015 09:43 AM

I was just thinking, remember when it was 9/12/2001 and nobody gave 1 shit about vapid culture? That feeling went on for a good 3 months. Is there some way we could get back to that attitude without a national tragedy?

Clodfobble 02-08-2015 09:50 AM

I'm gonna guess no.

It's funny you mention it, back then I used to check CNN's website every morning (as I ate my usual breakfast of powdered sugar donuts and a Sprite, but that's a different story...) and I specifically remember that they took away their "Oddball News" section after Sept. 11th, and you're right, it took about 3 months before they brought it back. Then after that it took maybe another 3 years before the entire site became that kind of story.

Griff 02-08-2015 10:25 AM

Whoops, I guess I need to watch more tv?

I guess if the choice is vapid culture or whoring out for the next war maybe I choose the easily ignored vapid culture.