The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

Undertoad 05-31-2005 12:31 PM

:| Something that used to work before the hacking

wolf 06-11-2005 02:29 AM

A Little Housekeeping Question

Okay, so I posted this very amusing image.

Then I realized that there was a far funnier and more appropriate place to post it.

So I deleted the post containing the original occurance of the image.

And redid the post in the appropriate place.

I wasn't allowed to re-upload the image because of the original, now deleted occurance.

So I went to the User CP/Attachments with the intention of deleting the image out of that list and then being able to re-upload it. I could have sworn that I have done this before. That is how I knew to look for the attachments list.

The image in question was not in the list.

I rehosted the image so that I could post it, so putting it where I wanted it is no longer the issue, but for future reference, is there a better way to go about this?

OnyxCougar 06-22-2005 04:42 PM

ok I'm confused....

Periodically I like to go through my thread subscriptions and unsubscribe to most of them, and on the "new subscribed threads" there is a link to do that under each thread. When I go the "all subscribed threads" folder, there is no way to unsubscribe other than go visit and use the thread tool. I have 285 subscribed threads, man...I don't want to have to do that....

Is there another way?

wolf 06-22-2005 06:17 PM

Tell it to no longer send you email updates on your subscribed threads. I expect that's what's making you crazy? You can change that setting in your control panel.

OnyxCougar 06-23-2005 07:28 AM

I like the emails, but I'm no longer interested in getting them about all 285 threads. I can go in to each thread and unsubscribe, but again, that seems like a lot of freaking work. There's no way to like, look at the list of subscribed threads and then check a box to unsubscribe and click unsubscribe or something?

wolf 06-24-2005 06:41 PM

http://www.cellar.org/subscription.p...ewsubscription

OnyxCougar 06-25-2005 03:52 PM

Yes, I can view them on that page, I've been there...I'm saying that there is no way to unsubscribe from that page. There are little check boxes on the right, but no box to click on to "unsubscribe from the selected list" or anything.

That's what I'm saying.

wolf 06-27-2005 10:28 AM

1. Click the check box.

2. See the little drop down menu thingy at the bottom there? when you click it "Delete Subscription" is one of your options. There are also a bunch of subscription management choices.

BigV 06-20-2006 05:39 PM

What's up with "Thread rating" ***** ???!!

Undertoad 06-20-2006 06:22 PM

Thread ratings are supposed to be off entirely but I left them on in Nothingland by mistake. They are off now.

Kitsune 06-20-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
Thread ratings are supposed to be off entirely but I left them on in Nothingland by mistake. They are off now.

Just curious -- any reason why you have them turned off? Not a fan?

Undertoad 06-20-2006 08:01 PM

Thread and post ratings are not as useful as they would seem at first. They change the nature of a forum and make it more cliqueish, more slanted towards who's voting. There are even user ratings, "reputation" they call it; as if the place is some sort of popularity game to be solved.

Here the cliques are determined by everyone's words and actions and not by numeric scores. It's much more devious that way.

xoxoxoBruce 06-20-2006 08:16 PM

Cliques? We have cliques? :unsure:

wolf 06-20-2006 09:02 PM

We have since AG hit us.

I post on another board that does use the "karma" system ... I got my first red (i.e., bad) karma today for telling some moron who said she didn't want to ever have anything to do with the raising of her own children "Please don't breed."

I don't spend a lot of time there, but they have some special-interest topic areas that I follow.

BigV 06-21-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad

Thanks.