The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

limey 06-29-2014 07:41 AM

Is there a way you can set up a checklist on you phone for some of it? Everyone's always fiddling with their phones, after all.
And take sneaky photos of the people, to help jog your memory?

footfootfoot 06-29-2014 08:59 AM

That sounds like fun. How does it pay?

orthodoc 06-30-2014 09:44 PM

A new beginning in nine hours (or so). On to the next, and to hell with the past.

DanaC 07-01-2014 04:05 AM

Ha! That was good fun. The checklist wasn't necessary - I managed to remember what it was I was supposed to ask / look for etc. The only difficulty is remembering in detail what i said, how they answered and so on - as wel as specifically what we looked at (full description of all products shown).

Great thing about dept stores: they have toilets :P So, after 1st dept, went into loos and quickly wrote up a few bits and bobs - number of peple in store, number of staff, physical description of staff etc.

Paywise - it's alright - £21 for this job. I was in the store for about 90 mins, and spent about 40 mins going through forms afterwards, and the phone call I'm waiting for to give my verbal report will take about 30 mins. I also spent about 20 mins in advance reading through all questions and getting clear in my head what i was doing - i suspect that will take less time on subsequent jobs. All in around 3 hours, so £7 per hour for this one.

But - as I say, I reckon it won't take as long to initial task read through and form filling on later jobs - so hopefully that will go up to £8 or £9 per hour.

It was great fun though. Felt a slight twinge of guilt when they were being so lovely. Very impressed with the staff at the cosmetics dept. I am the world's least make-uppy woman. I just have zero interest in cosmetics - I do occasinally put a bit of lippy and mascara on, but rarely, and I just buy cheap stuff because I really don't value it.

Yet: if I'd have had money in the bank yesterday, I'd have come out of that store with foundation (£28), moisturiser(£40) lipstick (£22), bronzer (£33) and a brush (£22) - and I am still thinking I might, when I eventually have cash to spend again, go back there and get the stuff, because it's awesome.

And they are awesome. I basically ended up with a free makeover - full works, went home feeling a million dollars :p

DanaC 07-01-2014 04:14 AM

Also: tried on some drop dead gorgeous outfits :p.

I basically got paid to go play dress up and get a free makeover hahaha.

Aliantha 07-01-2014 04:16 AM

And now you can pay ur phone bill. Haha

DanaC 07-01-2014 04:24 AM

haha. True.

Next1 07-01-2014 04:47 AM

The end. Or is it the beginning? I don't know. I'm just incredibly tired of not being. Of being. Being. Enough?

I was enough once or at least I thought I was. Then it all fell down. But then I built it again. Then it caught fire. Or was it set ablaze? Hard to remember because after that was the flood. But things dry out and others are replaced. Then all is shiny and new again. Then the earthquake. The earthquake was hard because while the others were natural the catastrophe was of my own doing. The earthquake though? That was a shock to say the least.

But I'm a builder. I'm pretty good at it really. Next is my favorite word. Or maybe it's fuck. Either way life goes on. And on. And on. On. On. On. It just doesn't stop. Because it's wrong to stop. Because everyone is counting on you to continue. Not succeed, but continue. To build. And sweep up the ashes. And build. And sweep up the rubble. But what if I don't want to sweep anymore? What if I want to lie down in the ashes? To let my head slip beneath the waves? Why can't I just pull the rubble over me?

Why?

glatt 07-01-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 903351)
A new beginning in nine hours (or so). On to the next, and to hell with the past.

Good luck!

glatt 07-01-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next1 (Post 903381)
Either way life goes on. And on. And on. On. On. On. It just doesn't stop.

My dad once said that "human life is very long." And I thought it was a kind of funny notion at the time, but I remember it years later. It's very true. I have come to understand it even better now, years later. I feel like I'm on my 4th lifetime now. My life doesn't suck. It's pretty damn good, all things considered, but there are times... And I find myself wondering what the point of it all is.

It's like that old John Cougar song, back when he called himself that: "oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."

But then little things come up that are maybe not quite thrilling, but fun. Go find a zip line course. That will put some pep in your step. Focus on those fun things that happen occasionally, and if they aren't happening, make them happen.

limey 07-01-2014 07:52 AM

Hello Next1. Glatt has some good advice here. Do post again and let us know how things are.

footfootfoot 07-02-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 903374)

It was great fun though. Felt a slight twinge of guilt when they were being so lovely. Very impressed with the staff at the cosmetics dept. I am the world's least make-uppy woman. I just have zero interest in cosmetics - I do occasinally put a bit of lippy and mascara on, but rarely, and I just buy cheap stuff because I really don't value it.

And they are awesome. I basically ended up with a free makeover - full works, went home feeling a million dollars :p

So not the Rude Sales girls? Can't link atm, from Man/Woman.

monster 07-02-2014 07:52 PM

And where are the pix of the glammed-up Dana?

DanaC 07-03-2014 03:59 AM

Not the rude sales girls no :P

Pics are on mum's ipad waiting to be emailed to me so I can post!

footfootfoot 07-03-2014 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the cheek bones right.
;)