The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Where is casimendocina? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20774)

casimendocina 07-31-2009 02:16 AM

Where is casimendocina?
 
1st clue: Quantum of Solace territory.

Crimson Ghost 07-31-2009 03:20 AM

Being gently made love to, by Daniel Craig, moments before he blows your brains out with his Walther PPK?

capnhowdy 07-31-2009 06:15 AM

2:48 am posting in the Beauty Pageant thread.
3:01 am Logged off the Cellar.

xoxoxoBruce 07-31-2009 09:53 AM

I'm not telling. :headshake

casimendocina 07-31-2009 09:53 AM

I seem to be asking more questions that actually providng imput, but here we go anyway....the blowing out of brains, yes that I can image, but does Daniel Craig actually do gentle (so to speak)? Pierce Bronson and Sean Connery, no question about it, but Daniel Craig is all sharp edges and coldness.

Obviously, I haven't actually seen Quantum of Solace. All enlightment gratefully accepted.

casimendocina 08-08-2009 08:43 PM

Clue No. 2
 
1 Attachment(s)
This was last weekend's jaunt-3.5 hours flying time and an overnight stay in an airport away.

Entirely worth the effort and the missed night's sleep.

Disclaimer: no-one appearing in this photo is known to the poster of this photo and comment. For informational purposes only

Cloud 08-08-2009 08:58 PM

standing at the top of Mt. Tamilpius?

casimendocina 08-08-2009 09:02 PM

Sounds like a place I wouldn't mind being.

ZenGum 08-09-2009 03:18 AM

I haven't sen Q of S, and don't want to look it up. It seems to violate the spirit of the thread.

3.5 hours flying time ... well in a jet, maybe 3,000km, but if it is a small mining centre, a prop plane might get you 1,500 km. Still a long range.

That chap has a slightly swarthy look to him, and it looks like he can dance, so I am still going for South America.
Shot in the dark: Antafogasto, Chile.

DanaC 08-09-2009 05:02 AM

I've seen Quantum of Solace :) It was ok. A good romp. But the first film was better.

Daniel Craig absolutely can and does do gentle. He's been in some fabulous tv dramas over here (Our Friends in the North was a highly acclaimed drama in the 90s and is still referenced as a high point in tv drama). I've seen him in a broad range of stuff, playing very different character types. He's very well-known over here as a serious actor. Daniel Craig the big budget movie star is quite a new phenomenon :P

If you see him in interview he's actually a very gentle man.

Talking of which. Here's an interview from 2007, on the Johnathon Ross show (Rossy is probably the nearest equivalent we have to Letterman).



One of Craig's finest performances was in a little drama called Some Voices, in which he plays a schizophrenic who is struggling to cope with life, looked after partly by his long suffering brother (David Morrisey). His character (Ray) meets and falls in love with a woman. The film is a love story and also a story about brotherly love and responsibility.

scenes from Some Voices:



Scenes from Our Friends in the North


Trilby 08-09-2009 08:38 AM

Oooooooooooooo! Dana! thanks for those clips!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~!

Daniel Craig had me at "Sylvia" - wherein he plays an amazing Ted Hughes.

He's my absolute favorite - quite like you, Dana, with your Dr. Who!!! I LURVE him! So incredibly good looking and smart!

casimendocina 08-09-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 586834)
I haven't sen Q of S, and don't want to look it up. It seems to violate the spirit of the thread.

3.5 hours flying time ... well in a jet, maybe 3,000km, but if it is a small mining centre, a prop plane might get you 1,500 km. Still a long range.

That chap has a slightly swarthy look to him, and it looks like he can dance, so I am still going for South America.
Shot in the dark: Antafogasto, Chile.

Shot in the dark eh? :eyebrow:Apart from the spelling mistake ('a' instead of 'o'), you are ...drumroll...correct.

Any guesses as to where the photo was taken? This was one of my favourite parts of last weekend's trip (which was not Antofagasta, but a city in a neighbouring country)-seeing normal people in normal clothes dancing this particular dance as opposed to the highly sophisticated and polished show that people are used to seeing and expect to see.

ZenGum 08-09-2009 09:40 PM

WTF?? LOL!!!

Hey, wait, Casi ... are your initials R.D. ???

Chocolatl 08-09-2009 09:43 PM

Dancing the tango in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

casimendocina 08-09-2009 10:21 PM

yes x 2

We went to a milonguera in Belgrano after missing out on an official tango show. This was at the Armenian club and was pretty much like any other community club I've ever been to (except that it was in the basement and there was a lady in the bathroom selling jewellery). It was mostly older guys with younger women, but there were a few couples who were the same age (see photo).

The next night we went to a salsa club and a couple of members of the group (no names mentioned) got kicked off the dance floor twice for not knowing the steps adequately.

casimendocina 08-09-2009 10:38 PM

[quote=DanaC;586840]I've seen Quantum of Solace :) It was ok. A good romp. But the first film was better.

Daniel Craig absolutely can and does do gentle. He's been in some fabulous tv dramas over here (Our Friends in the North was a highly acclaimed drama in the 90s and is still referenced as a high point in tv drama). I've seen him in a broad range of stuff, playing very different character types. He's very well-known over here as a serious actor. Daniel Craig the big budget movie star is quite a new phenomenon :P

If you see him in interview he's actually a very gentle man.

Talking of which. Here's an interview from 2007, on the Johnathon Ross show (Rossy is probably the nearest equivalent we have to Letterman).

Cheers for the clips. Amazing what a haircut and a suit can do.
I couldn't watch Some Voices due to " copyright restrictions". Ce la vie.

Shawnee123 08-12-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 586928)
Shot in the dark eh? :eyebrow:Apart from the spelling mistake ('a' instead of 'o'), you are ...drumroll...correct.

Any guesses as to where the photo was taken? This was one of my favourite parts of last weekend's trip (which was not Antofagasta, but a city in a neighbouring country)-seeing normal people in normal clothes dancing this particular dance as opposed to the highly sophisticated and polished show that people are used to seeing and expect to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 586955)
WTF?? LOL!!!

Hey, wait, Casi ... are your initials R.D. ???

I'm so confused.

casimendocina 08-16-2009 09:14 AM

Zen?

Griff 08-16-2009 11:43 AM

I don't think so.

ZenGum 08-16-2009 10:14 PM

Well, 'fessing up time.

Turns out Casi and Zen are known to each other.

Until Casi went wandering, we worked in the same office for the same company in Adelaide.

She had seen the Cellar while peeping over my shoulder while I was dwelling from work.

While overseas, she started lurking and eventually joined in.

I didn't realise, at first, but when I saw the vaguely South American pictures, I figured I would take a wild guess, and wrote the name of the only non-major city in South America I know of, being where my erstwhile colleage is presently located: Antafogasto (I still cannot spell it). It was meant to be a wild guess, but it happened to hit.

That was when I began to suspect. The tricky little minx.

No, wait, Minx is the third Adelaidean dwellar.

casimendocina 08-17-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 588270)
Well, 'fessing up time.

Turns out Casi and Zen are known to each other.

Until Casi went wandering, we worked in the same office for the same company in Adelaide.

She had seen the Cellar while peeping over my shoulder while I was dwelling from work.

While overseas, she started lurking and eventually joined in.

I didn't realise, at first, but when I saw the vaguely South American pictures, I figured I would take a wild guess, and wrote the name of the only non-major city in South America I know of, being where my erstwhile colleage is presently located: Antafogasto (I still cannot spell it). It was meant to be a wild guess, but it happened to hit.

That was when I began to suspect. The tricky little minx.

No, wait, Minx is the third Adelaidean dwellar.

Now, it's my turn to be intrigued. Who is the 3rd Adelaidean dwellar?

casimendocina 08-17-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 588334)
Now, it's my turn to be intrigued. Who is the 3rd Adelaidean dwellar?

Ignore my last question. I've got that one sorted.

casimendocina 08-17-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 588270)

I didn't realise, at first, but when I saw the vaguely South American pictures, I figured I would take a wild guess, and wrote the name of the only non-major city in South America I know of, being where my erstwhile colleage is presently located: Antafogasto (I still cannot spell it). It was meant to be a wild guess, but it happened to hit.

And there I was thinking that Zen knew, but was being deliberately vague.

casimendocina 08-21-2009 06:24 PM

Farewell to Antofagasta as of Sunday.

xoxoxoBruce 08-22-2009 01:54 AM

Does that mean a new thread? ;)

casimendocina 08-22-2009 07:18 PM

I think this is the soapie like thread that needs to be pensioned off.

casimendocina 08-22-2009 07:18 PM

Or perhaps more accurately, axed early in the series.

ZenGum 08-22-2009 07:35 PM

...but wasn't that a flash-forward dream sequence scene where you remembered that Rick knew that Sarah had seen the body in the boat-shed and might remember if she woke up from her coma ....

xoxoxoBruce 08-22-2009 07:37 PM

You may be right since you're leaving. But you could do your new location here, or in a new thread, your choice. I can't participate because I know where you're posting from, and that wouldn't be fair to the guessers.;)

ZenGum 08-22-2009 07:47 PM

Say, Bruce, can you use your super-powers and check, does it look like I am posting from Adelaide, or Brisbane?
I'm in the former, but I think my ISP must go via the latter, because I sometimes get pop-up ads offering me Dates With Hot Sexy Blond Women In Brisbane (who look suspiciously similar to the hot sexy blond women I was offered dates with in Japan, but never mind that.)

xoxoxoBruce 08-22-2009 07:51 PM

Brisbane.

ZenGum 08-22-2009 08:13 PM

No wonder the chicks cannot find me. :(

casimendocina 08-23-2009 06:32 PM

No killer lines to use on the ones in the vicinity?

casimendocina 08-28-2009 11:12 AM

Monday: Travelling to the town closest to the Number 1 tourist destination in South America.
Tuesday: On the way a town that features often in novels by Maria Vargas Llosa.
Wednesday: The lake at the highest altitude in the world.
Thursday: On the way to the home of Evo Morales.
Friday: Back to Antofagasta.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.