The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

anonymous 01-19-2016 10:20 PM

Thanks.

The interview went well...I couldn't 'read' it though. I mean, I knew 3 of the five on the committee, and they're people I always liked who liked me. One my ex-boss. All grinning at me, seemed happy to see me. An IT guy wandered into HR while I was waiting to be summoned and made me get up to give him a hug. Another girl saw me pass her window and flashed me the peace sign.

But, I don't know. I was just myself in the interview. I was honest about my time in the City of Death and Smells.

It won't be professional staff, mostly processing. But the thing is, I liked the processing part the best anyway. It's like doing puzzles, to me. And honestly, I've had my fill of people. Yeah, I can counsel and advise and talk them off proverbial ledges...but perhaps it's best if I don't have to do that anymore. At least not for a while.

So, we'll see. I don't want to get my hopes up, but the big 'hook' was obviously my experience, and I can hit the ground running, and they need someone like, yesterday.

Quote:

...No one rational...
Hey, we're talking about me. I've never been accused of being overly rational. :o

Ugh, really it could go either way. I feel like I'm getting my hopes up. OK, I'm probably not going to get it. So, I'm not going to get it. That's OK...I still have income and I like some parts of one job and many parts of other job. But man, I'd love a normal full-time job.

Griff 01-20-2016 06:18 AM

Here's hoping!

anonymous 01-20-2016 11:48 AM

And so my cow orker, this morning, lets me in on a little secret that we're getting a raise. Which is really nice. But 2 % won't make up for only working 24 hours/week, and it won't cover the difference I'll get if I get the other job.

Today is a good day. Days in here aren't always so good when cow orker gets stressed sometimes she takes it out on me. And I end up feeling stupid about things I was never taught, or for asking too many questions because I don't want to like, screw up somebody's life or anything.

Anyway, I want to write more in another thread...so awayyyyyy I goooooo...

glatt 01-20-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 951737)
.... because I don't want to like, screw up somebody's life or anything.

I like you. I'm glad you care about not screwing up anyone's life. But you know that they wouldn't be in this position if they hadn't made some pretty bad choices of their own. If their life is screwed up, it's pretty much on them. But I think it's awesome that you are still doing your best for them.

anonymous 01-20-2016 02:04 PM

Thank you.

Second interview Monday!!!!!!

monster 01-20-2016 03:14 PM

yay!

fargon 01-20-2016 03:33 PM

WSS^

Sundae 01-29-2016 08:27 AM

I was trying to be healthy.
I bought some fruit juice instead of soda. Yes, I know it's high in natural sugars, but as calories go it is usually better than fizzy pop vitamin wise.

It spilled.

Spilled its damn self all in my bag, which happens to be a beach bag, which I use as a handbag because I can tote around a paperback and little sample sizes of necessities in case I have another rush to hospital (yes, I'm paranoid).

Being a beach bag was good because it did not immediately leak onto the bus seat/ floor.
Being a beach bag was bad because it contained the sticky fruit fluid, and everything inside swam about in it for really quite a while before I realised and rescued it.
Everything inside was awash in sticky strawberry, lime and coconut.

My flash-drive-thingy (not very good with the names of these things) has dried out. My phone and purse (wallet) were in my pocket - phew! My charger is so far not working, but I had a spare.
My little bottle of Johnson's Baby Powder had to be binned.
As did the sodden spare pair of knickers.
And a library book was ruined.

What might be okay?
Well, the librarian suggested, sotto voice, that I could replace the book via eBay rather than pay the cover price.
I might be able to get it for as little as £3 in a pristine condition, as opposed to the new price of £7.

What's £4? A big difference. Send me £4 ($5.70) and I'll take a photo of all the toilet paper and cereal I can buy with it.

monster 02-18-2016 09:09 PM

Norovirus outbreak at U of M, centered around Polo Girl's Dorm cafeteria :(

glatt 02-18-2016 09:27 PM

Ugh

Clodfobble 02-18-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
...sometimes known as "winter vomiting bug" in the UK...

I think the Brits should get to name all the diseases.

DanaC 02-19-2016 11:00 AM

Yeah - we like things to be clearly labelled.

footfootfoot 02-19-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
...sometimes known as "winter vomiting bug" in the UK.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 953854)
Yeah - we like things to be clearly labelled.

Does exactly what it says on the tin

monster 07-11-2016 09:15 PM

Friend's child/friend of Thor just came out of an 11+ hour surgery to remove a tumor/mass from her brain. They think they got it all, but they had to take some white matter

:cry: :fingerx:

xoxoxoBruce 07-11-2016 10:10 PM

That super sucks, for her, her parents, her friends, and everyone who knows her. It's even terrifying for those who only hear about it. I hope they were successful and wish her a full recovery. :fingerx: