The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34936)

Griff 02-27-2020 01:28 PM

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...out/index.html

For confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases, reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death. Symptoms can include:

Fever
Cough
Shortness of breath

CDC believes at this time that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. This is based on what has been seen previously as the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses.

It looks like this thing spreads really easily.

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
Via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Good luck if your immune system is compromised...

Also remember to buy low in the stock market when day traders get stupid.

Luce 02-27-2020 01:30 PM

There is now a case in California. Dude wasn't traveling and has no known contacts with primary cases.

Given the 14 day incubation period, that means a ton of people are probably infected.

Griff 02-27-2020 01:33 PM

Yeah, I was listening to a Black Plague podcast recently, incubation period is a big deal.

glatt 02-27-2020 01:45 PM

Took my wife to urgent care last night. She had all the symptoms. 104 fever. I was pretty sure it was the kung flu, because I'm convinced it is already here. But they did a nose swab and it came back as regular old influenza (type A, whatever that means.)

She had gotten the flu shot, but I guess this is a different strain.

I think of COVID-19 as just another strain of the flu, and just about as dangerous.

My wife should be OK. She's staying home, but it ruins a big weekend of plans.

She wanted to crawl into bed last night after getting back from urgent care, but spent two hours coming up with sub plans for work.

At urgent care, they asked if she had been to China.

Clodfobble 02-27-2020 01:57 PM

Mr. Clod is just barely over a moderately severe bout of flu-like illness (kept him out of work for almost a week, but nothing that needed hospital attention,) and now the rest of us all have it. Kids have been out of school since Tuesday.

I, too, believe it's already here and thoroughly widespread, and I think it's telling that a lot of people test negative at first, and then test positive up to 28 days after exposure. I'm actually hoping that we do already have it, and then we'll get better and have immunity for the remainder of the lockdown that is sure to happen to some degree in the coming months. Certainly the kids would appreciate a month or two of school closures.

glatt 02-27-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1047444)
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

It was only a couple years ago that I first heard what sounded to me like the plausible explanation for why the winter months see more illness.

Droplets stay airborne longer in the winter because the cold air is drier than humid air in the summer, and the little atomized spittle droplets dry out more and are lighter and float around on air currents longer than in the wet humid summer. They are simply suspended in the air longer, giving you more time to breathe them in.

Indoors, the air is heated, and it gets super dry. Just think about your lotion needs in the winter. There are virus particles floating around all over the place.

Public buildings should install misters like in the vegetable section of the grocery stores just to keep everything damp and knock the germs to the floor.

Griff 02-27-2020 02:17 PM

Yeah, it seems like this thing is probably already widespread. The symptoms being the same as every other damn thing is going to mask it for a while.

Happy Monkey 02-27-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1047452)
It was only a couple years ago that I first heard what sounded to me like the plausible explanation for why the winter months see more illness.

Plus, people are concentrated indoors for more of the day.

Other people, I mean. I'm indoors most of the day either way...

Gravdigr 02-27-2020 02:58 PM

I have a gaming controller coming from China. I'm gonna soak the package down with Lysol before handling/opening it.

I'm wondering if it will get quarantined at some point along the way?

Luce 02-27-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1047450)

I think of COVID-19 as just another strain of the flu, and just about as dangerous.

From what I gather, it's actually less dangerous on a case-by-case basis, but also more contagious.

glatt 02-27-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 1047454)
Plus, people are concentrated indoors for more of the day.

Other people, I mean. I'm indoors most of the day either way...

Yeah. I never bought that argument. The overwhelming majority of people are inside all year long.

Undertoad 02-27-2020 09:02 PM

All this has got to be made worse by the pollution in eastern China. People already face a respiratory disaster just waking up in the morning.

xoxoxoBruce 02-27-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1047452)
Droplets stay airborne longer in the winter because the cold air is drier than humid air in the summer, and the little atomized spittle droplets dry out more and are lighter and float around on air currents longer than in the wet humid summer.

Like the poop molecules. ;)

Griff 02-28-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1047475)
All this has got to be made worse by the pollution in eastern China. People already face a respiratory disaster just waking up in the morning.

Yeah, we'd expect worse outcomes there.

Clodfobble 02-28-2020 07:06 AM

Plus, 68% of Chinese men are smokers, including 41% of male physicians. China accounts for slightly more than half of all smokers, worldwide.

tw 02-28-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1047463)
From what I gather, it's actually less dangerous on a case-by-case basis, but also more contagious.

Something like 2 to 3% die from this virus. Typical influenzas only kill 1.3%. That alone makes it more dangerous than other flues. Apparently it can also be spread by urine and feces. Even SARs was not spread by that method. Isolated people in their cabins (having no contact even with crew members) got sick on the Diamond Princess in large numbers. This one is clearly much more contagious than SARs. Maybe as contagious as Ebola.

We do not yet know of additional methods that can spread this disease. Only speculate that a two week quarantine is sufficient. No problem. Tests can only report one had the virus - not report if one is still contagious.

Medical people must wait for a naive politician to authorize us to have knowledge. That should be the Surgeon General's job. But he is not a right wing political extremist. His entire life has only been about medicine and health. Worse, he is black. So he might not be extremist enough.

Winter means a virus lasts much longer. Many viruses only last ten minutes if warm. But can remain intact for hours in a cold environment. Wet environments also prolong potency. That is the life expectancy of a typical virus. Unknown yet is the life expectancy of this virus. However a package shipped from China could only have degraded proteins - a threat to no one. The way customs works, it would sit around too long.

How much preparation has America done? Only 200 testing kits exist in one state. Only the CDC has labs that can test for it. Obviously, American should have been stocking tens or hundreds of thousands test kits in each state. And labs should have been constructed/expanded so that testing can be done at the county and state levels. But our government, at highest level, had been downplaying their inaction. Since it might impact his re-election. It is about image - not about protecting Americans.

An ostrich position was obvious. Even increased manufacturing of facemask was done only by a few manufacturers. Because the Federal government kept saying, "Don't worry. Be happy." Did not even start stocking them.

Americans might finally learn that America has done virtually nothing (except ask questions at immigration points). But the President has created a Czar as the only spokesman. He can silence all medical people at Federal and maybe at State levels. Job was assigned to a politician who has less experience in disasters that Brownie did in Katrina.

Somehow he will know what to tell us; what we need to know. Because he is loyal to a man whose long history is to lie. To harm all others - to advance only himself. So Pence can be trusted?

A man whose long history was to even stiff his contractors and employees. Right wing extremists also said that is good. So he knew two month ago what was good for us?

Make Urbane Guerrilla the Czar. He too is just as knowledgeable. Also has healthy ability to invent lies. Has a history of promoting fiction to advance an extremist right wing position. Since that (and not America) is most important. He also would silence medical people who expose extremist lies. Since that would be in our interest?

America is unprepared for a pandemic. Past two months were wasted by doing nothing. No problem. We now have a Czar so that informed medical people must get permission to explain a threat, what must be done, and to be helpful.

We can test for other influenzas. So one does not have Covid-19 if they first test positive for other influenzas - the assumption. Only if other tests are negative, then can one be tested by a scarce Covid-19 test kit. And then wait even longer for that kit to be shipped to the CDC - the only place it can be tested.

No problem. Pence (or UG) will then tell them whether they can inform your doctor. "Trust me. I am a right wing extremist who also said Saddam had WMDs."

tw 02-28-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1047502)
Yeah, we'd expect worse outcomes there.

Wuhan province is in central China. Not on the east side where air quality is inferior.

Wuhan is also a major transportation center - similar to what Chicago is in America.

Spexxvet 02-28-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1047459)
I have a gaming controller coming from China. I'm gonna soak the package down with Lysol before handling/opening it.

My friend does this with every delivery. He says he has to "wash the China off it"

Luce 02-28-2020 08:08 AM

The federal government refuses to take this seriously, even as tertiary cases are popping up in California.

https://apnews.com/57177e2e35d7d0d518361166935c614e

Quote:

Solano County Public Health Officer Dr. Bela Matyas said public health officials have identified dozens of people — but less than 100 — who had close contact with the woman. Those people are quarantined in their homes. A few have shown symptoms and are in isolation, Matyas said.

Officials are not too worried, for now, about casual contact, because federal officials think the coronavirus is spread only through “close contact, being within six feet of somebody for what they’re calling a prolonged period of time,” said Dr. James Watt, interim state epidemiologist at the California Department of Public Health.
Dr Watt has already been proven wrong. Prior to saying that. As TW says above, it is already known that the virus can linger on surfaces for a very long time.

Undertoad 02-28-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1047508)
Wuhan province is in central China. Not on the east side where air quality is inferior.

Sadly no. I look at the PM2.5 maps all the time

Greenpeace has a list of PM2.5 rank averages in 74 cities and Wuhan is 14th.

Real-time maps of PM2.5 have shown particulate matter DOWN in recent times. Here is windy.com's PM2.5 in China right now. But generally, in the recent past when you look at this map, it is deep orange over Wuhan. Greenpeace put the 2013 average at 88.7 (Beijing 90.1).

Compare with NYC's averages which are around 10.

The very worst air pollution in the world is India's, these days.

Happy Monkey 02-28-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1047504)
Plus, 68% of Chinese men are smokers, including 41% of male physicians. China accounts for slightly more than half of all smokers, worldwide.

That's not an issue according to the US's man in charge of coordinating our response. By his stats, less than 33% of smokers die of smoking-related illness, and less than 10% even get lung cancer!

Gravdigr 02-28-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1047459)

I just read it can live on surfaces for up to nine days.

Shipping, from China, was $1, btw.

xoxoxoBruce 02-28-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1047516)
Real-time maps of PM2.5 have shown particulate matter DOWN in recent times.

Wuhan should be way down since the city has been in virtual shutdown for weeks with everyone ordered to stay home that hasn't been assigned a job.

Luce 02-28-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 1047528)
That's not an issue according to the US's man in charge of coordinating our response. By his stats, less than 33% of smokers die of smoking-related illness, and less than 10% even get lung cancer!

Is he counting heart attack and stroke as smoking-related illnesses?

xoxoxoBruce 02-28-2020 03:17 PM

But smoking drives away biting insects which bring Malaria, Lyme, and stuff.

Happy Monkey 02-28-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1047541)
Is he counting heart attack and stroke as smoking-related illnesses?

I have no idea where he got his statistics; I just thought it was remarkable that he thought that a 1/3 chance of death supported his "smoking doesn't kill" premise.

tw 02-28-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1047532)
I just read it can live on surfaces for up to nine days.

That would be unusual for a virus. And the problem. Since no such number has been reported from responsible sources. Even a two week quarantine is only a best guess. After two months warning, we still do not have any serious information. In part, due to top management totally ignoring it. The 'power that be' has only recently decided it is a problem ... because the stock market finally tanked.

This all goes right back to what Steve Bannon (Trump's top campaign manager) said in TV interviews. Trump's attention span is less than 30 seconds. His campaign was tapered around issues that a 30 second attention span could grasp. Obviously this virus was too complicated until the stock market crashed. Only then was he able to grasp that one "less then 30 second" fact.

Luce 02-28-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 1047543)
I have no idea where he got his statistics; I just thought it was remarkable that he thought that a 1/3 chance of death supported his "smoking doesn't kill" premise.

Pence has always been a tool. Trashing Indiana's economy to show how much he hated the LGBT community comes to mind.

He's like something out of Dilbert, really.

Luce 02-28-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1047545)
That would be unusual for a virus.

But not unheard of. The smallpox virus could survive for up to 21 days on a room temperature surface.

Under ideal situations, it could last for years.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2538235/

tw 02-28-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1047549)
But not unheard of. The smallpox virus could survive for up to 21 days on a room temperature surface.

Which is why it was obvious two months ago - serious research was needed.

Which brings us right back to a concept well understood by people who come from where the work gets done. 85% of all problems are direct traceable to top management. In this case, a boss with a less than 30 second attention span. (As publicly stated by his close ally.)

xoxoxoBruce 02-28-2020 04:35 PM

Your venom is dripping. You were OK until the last sentence, but it's Xi Jinping the heat should be directed at.

monster 02-28-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1047548)

He's like something out of Dilbert, really.

:rotflol: so scarily true

xoxoxoBruce 02-28-2020 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm...

BigV 02-29-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1047446)
There is now a case in California. Dude wasn't traveling and has no known contacts with primary cases.

Given the 14 day incubation period, that means a ton of people are probably infected.

FIRST!

That's just ... great.
:(

tw 02-29-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1047563)
... but it's Xi Jinping the heat should be directed at.

Another example of "85% of all problems are directly traceable to top management." Curious. Both Xi and Trump have communist attitudes. Everyone works to advance them.

China's problem was clearly defined in an obituary in The Economist. A 33 year old hero was jailed in less than 24 hours for discovering and posting the threat - in Weibo - a Chinese version of Facebook.

Ironically, in January, an 82 year old patient did not have symptoms. So he treated her glaucoma and took no precautions. He did not know she came from the same building that his infected patients had come from. So he died in February.

Eventually Chinese at highest levels admitted the little people knew what they were saying. But communists find it difficult to see that in time.

Te Don is doing something similar. But he silenced the people who come from where the work gets done. Silence the truth rather than address an obvious threat two months ago.

How anti-American is he? Pence is saying no Americans need masks. Reality, there are only 40 million masks available - because Trump did nothing for two months. 3M finally has contracts to make more. So 3M only started hiring two days ago. Another example of how 85% of all problems are traceable to that diclicking scumbag.

You are irrelevant. Only health workers need masks - according to an administration more ignorant than George Jr. Trump supporters will deny that reality. We do not have enough and were not making them - thank you Donald.

The president also said we will soon have a vaccine. Lying business school graduates are always obvious to the educated. He provided no numbers - the indication he is lying. A vaccine will not be available for one to 1.5 years. Don't worry if you are the 3% who are dead.

He also blame a stock market crash, in part, on actions not taken by the Federal Reserve. Again, he counts on Americans being dumb. Since we have been in a recession, the Fed has already lowered rates three times - almost as low as possible. Due to the scumbag's tax cuts and welfare for the rich, the Fed has very little ammunition left to soften (address) a recession. The dumb business school graduate does not even know that - due to a less than 30 second attention span.

We know the oncoming recession will only be made worse by Covid-19. What we do not yet know is a relevant number - how bad. Don't expect The Don to provide any. Otherwise, even his brainwashed supporters might realize he really is that dumb.

Undertoad 02-29-2020 05:46 PM

tw 02-29-2020 05:54 PM

In the past 24 hours, maybe four Corvid-19 infections have been located. Worse, none have any apparent connection to infected people. Implying there are many already infected people who have no symptoms. And unknown are many others who are also infected.

Again, we had two months to prepare and to learn. To even stockpile protective suits, facemask, and stock diagnotic labs. America's health system was obstructed by a president with a 30 second attention span. Whose "Don't worry; be happy" believes that a vaccine will soon arrive.

He then promised to put abut $1.2 billion into Covid-19 prevention. What did he not say? It will be paid for by cancelling ongoing research into HIV ($half billion) and from other research programs. Funny how he forgot to mention those numbers. As any good (criminal) business school graduate does when stiffing contractors and promoting SNAFU - situation normal; all fucked up.

Who so hates humanity as to still like (or believe) that scumbag.

He completely ignored Covid-19 until it affected something he understands - a stock market. Since he probably needs a robust market to maintain Ponzi schemes.

tw 02-29-2020 06:05 PM

He cannot post even one fact in support of a Nazi and White Supremacist fan who has a 30 second attention span. Instead posts a video as if it is somehow relevant. As if insults are better than honesty and numbers.

If not brainwashed, then facts can be disputed. Apparently insults will somehow avert Covid-19. Don't worry. Be happy.

Meanwhile watch so many patriotic Americans work their asses off in these next months to lessen damage and deaths created by Trump's 30 second attention span.

As his Secretary of State said, he is a moron. He was being polite.

Griff 03-01-2020 06:36 AM

I vomited an amazing amount last night putting the kaibosh (?) on the ski plans for today. Pete's blaming the chicken. Once again not Covfefe ;) but not cool.

glatt 03-01-2020 07:03 AM

hope you're on the mend today.

BTW, my wife with the flu was basically 100% better after 48 hours. I suppose the flu shot she got might have made her bout shorter than it would have been. And the Tamiflu sped the recovery too. Whatever it was, she was symptom free after 48 hours, and was fever free after only 24 hours. Yay!

Griff 03-01-2020 07:05 AM

That's good, we don't want anything lingering.

Dude111 03-01-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
....My wife should be OK. She's staying home, but it ruins a big weekend of plans....

Im so sorry buddy,ill say a prayer for your wife....

I hope she feels better soon :)

xoxoxoBruce 03-02-2020 12:22 AM

A seminar at Michigan Law focused on cholera, Spanish flu, polio, AIDS, SARS, and Ebola. Every disease provokes its own unique dread and its own complex public reaction, but themes recurred across outbreaks.
Quote:

1. Governments are typically unprepared, disorganized, and resistant to taking steps necessary to contain infectious diseases, especially in their early phases.
2. Local, state, federal, and global governing bodies are apt to point fingers at one another over who’s responsible for taking action. Clear lines of authority are lacking.
3. Calibrating the right governmental response is devilishly hard. Do too much and you squander public trust (Swine flu), do too little and people die unnecessarily (AIDS).
4. Public officials are reluctant to publicize infections for fear of devastating the economy.
5. Doctors rarely have good treatment options. Nursing care is often what’s needed most. Medical professionals of all kinds work themselves to the bone in the face of extraordinary danger.
6. In the absence of an effective treatment, the public will reach for unscientific remedies.
7. No matter what the route of transmission or the effectiveness of quarantine, there’s a desire to physically separate infected people.
8. Victims of the disease are often thought to deserve the affliction, especially when those victims are mainly from marginalized groups.
9. We plan, to the extent we plan at all, for the last pandemic. We don’t do enough to plan for the next one.
10. Historical memory is short. When diseases fall from the headlines, the public forgets and preparation falters.
https://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/contagion/

Undertoad 03-02-2020 08:58 AM

Trouble with sick workers? Just import slave labor hard workers from your minority reeducation camps migrant labor force.

Guardian: China transferred detained Uighurs to factories used by global brands – report

Quote:

At least 80,000 Uighurs have been transferred from Xinjiang province, some of them directly from detention centres, to factories across China that make goods for dozens of global brands, according to a report from the Canberra-based Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI).

Using open-source public documents, satellite imagery, and media reports, the institute identified 27 factories in nine Chinese provinces that have used labourers transferred from re-education centres in Xinjiang since 2017 as part of a programme known as “Xinjiang aid”.

In conditions that “strongly suggest forced labour”, the report says, workers live in segregated dormitories, are required to study Mandarin and undergo ideological training. They are frequently subjected to surveillance and barred from observing religious practices. According to government documents analysed by the ASPI, workers are often assigned minders and have limited freedom of movement.

The factories were part of supply chains providing goods for 83 global brands, the report found, including Apple, Nike and Volkswagen among others.

Clodfobble 03-02-2020 10:05 AM

To be clear, they already were in forced-labor camps, they've just changed locations. It absolutely does not excuse the Chinese treatment of the Uighurs overall, but honestly it's probably better for them in the factories than where they were.

Luce 03-02-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1047561)
Which is why it was obvious two months ago - serious research was needed.

Which brings us right back to a concept well understood by people who come from where the work gets done. 85% of all problems are direct traceable to top management. In this case, a boss with a less than 30 second attention span. (As publicly stated by his close ally.)

No argument here.

Hell, his insistence that you hire doctors and researchers after the epidemic has already started is all you really need to hear about that.

Griff 03-02-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1047712)
Trouble with sick workers? Just import slave labor hard workers from your minority reeducation camps migrant labor force.

Guardian: China transferred detained Uighurs to factories used by global brands – report

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1047717)
To be clear, they already were in forced-labor camps, they've just changed locations. It absolutely does not excuse the Chinese treatment of the Uighurs overall, but honestly it's probably better for them in the factories than where they were.

But but free trade...

BigV 03-03-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1047617)
FIRST!

That's just ... great.
:(

Now second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. Tragic. There's a nursing home(?) where most of the deaths have occurred,but some in the the next county. Governor Inslee has declared an emergency. Schools have been closed. No masks or hand sanitizer to be found. Read an article today about how to make your own hand sanitizer, 2/3 99% alcohol mixed with 1/3 aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerin.

It feels grim.

Luce 03-03-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1047764)
Now second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. Tragic. There's a nursing home(?) where most of the deaths have occurred,but some in the the next county. Governor Inslee has declared an emergency. Schools have been closed. No masks or hand sanitizer to be found. Read an article today about how to make your own hand sanitizer, 2/3 99% alcohol mixed with 1/3 aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerin.

It feels grim.

Masks: Three bandanas. Wear them around your face like you're robbing a train, change them out regularly, wash daily.

Sorted.

Griff 03-03-2020 12:51 PM

Be safe out there V. We are under assault from the plain old flu here but it's only a matter of time.

xoxoxoBruce 03-03-2020 12:58 PM

It's natural, it's organic, it's Libertarian, thinning the herd, culling the weak and unfit. Economic opportunity abounds, that $12 a week we were wasting on Grannie can be put to better use. Selling people what they think they need for obscene profits. Raise the cost of funerals to push people into buying insurance so we can raise the cost of funerals. The Soylent Green processing kills all viruses and germs.

Undertoad 03-03-2020 08:17 PM

PSA: you can make your own hand sanitizer, as long as it has as least 60% alcohol content.

Also PSA: Knob Creek makes a single barrel 120 proof bourbon.

tw 03-03-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1047779)
Also PSA: Knob Creek makes a single barrel 120 proof bourbon.

We are still learning how this virus is transmitted. Through a stomach? Is 120 proof strong enough?

Why would anyone waste good bourbon on their hands? If you are going to go, then go happy.

xoxoxoBruce 03-04-2020 12:17 AM

120 proof is barely 60%, 750ml for $53.
A quart of 91% isopropyl is $2.59 at target.

Suit yourself.

sexobon 03-04-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1047782)
We are still learning how this virus is transmitted. Through a stomach? Is 120 proof strong enough?

Why would anyone waste good bourbon on their hands? If you are going to go, then go happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 886751)
Drink a pint of whiskey to get those viruses drunk, then open your mouth and stick out your tongue so they will stagger out to the end of it and fall off out of your body.

xoxoxoBruce 03-04-2020 02:33 AM

If the end of your tongue sticks out further than the rest of your body.

BigV 03-04-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1047796)
If the end of your tongue sticks out further than the rest of your body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1047794)
stuff he said

I have visions of Osmosis Jones

Clodfobble 03-04-2020 11:16 AM

Mr. Clod's entire company just shut down their offices indefinitely; everyone working from home until further notice. They have a Seattle branch, but this applies to all branches.

We have 1 more week until spring break. I'd lay money on our school remaining closed after that.

glatt 03-04-2020 11:17 AM

Interesting.

I'm going to need to review our remote computing procedures. I do it very rarely.

Undertoad 03-04-2020 12:34 PM

Let's say you had a wedding scheduled for May 2 at Niagara Falls, with 25 people driving up to attend, including 3 people over 80 and 1 two-year-old. What would you do?