The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

glatt 01-21-2012 04:12 PM

Just do a Google search in the Cellar domain.

"meanwhile in" site:cellar.org

BigV 02-10-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 784230)
I see them, I just can't add to their random appeal. It makes my year if I make the Hall of Fame!

Careful what you wish for...

monster 02-20-2012 11:18 AM

Who's sock puppet is Nerdina? Gotta be someone who declared they wouldn't ever participate in the deadpool thread because it was wrong ...then got sucked in...... :lol:

sexobon 03-12-2012 08:06 PM

Has a virtual exorcism ever been performed in the Cellar? I'm asking just in case we have to have one for JBKlyde. I'm wondering if strange sounds will be coming from our speakers, if printers will be spitting ink, and if monitors will spin 360 degrees around. Will our computers levitate? Where does one get virtual holy water? Do moderators risk becoming possessed? So many questions; yet, so few answers. About the only thing I'm reasonably certain of is that it would have to be done in a NSFW thread. Thanks in advance.

wolf 03-12-2012 08:17 PM

I'm fully qualified. Be just and fear not.

BigV 04-10-2012 06:41 PM

Is there a place where all the optional parameters for tags are listed? I have forgotten and can not find the parameter for starting an embedded youtube video to start at a given time in seconds. I know there are lots of other parameters, I just don't know what they are or where to look.

TIA

Ibby 04-22-2012 04:21 PM

Is UncaDollas really banned or is that just his user title?
..if not...should he be? Is he a real poster posting exclusively youtube videos in an effort to contribute, or...?

glatt 04-22-2012 04:46 PM

This morning, when I came to the Cellar, there were 20 unread threads where he was the last poster, and his posts were all videos. I was under the impression from previous posts by him that he posts here mainly to drive traffic to his YouTube site. At that moment, I found him to be intolerably annoying. So I banned him.

I might not make the same decision now. And if the other mods disagree with me, I would be open to them unbanning him.

Ibby 04-22-2012 04:52 PM

Thats what I figured happened. Cheers.

infinite monkey 04-22-2012 04:53 PM

I logged in in the wee hours of the morning and saw the same thing. He has always just posted videos, usually unrelated. Someone has mentioned it to him before. Stick to your guns, it was the right move. If he had ever posted anything else...anything. Ffs, is this really debateable?

DanaC 04-22-2012 05:09 PM

From December last year:

Quote:

No, I'm not making any money on my videos. I dont believe I will ever make money with my videos, its just a hobby. I wouldn't sell advertising on youtube because I don't think some one would sit through an ad to watch them. I have posted several times over the last 3 years and there are many of them that not video posts. I apologize that I posted this particular video 3 times. They seemed like appropriate threads for the video. I found this video to be funny and thought I'd share it, maybe a little too over zealously. I enjoy message boards generally and I like this one specifically. I enjoy the other posters senses of humor and frequently read their posts. One of the reasons I may have gotten a little crazy with the video posts is that the Cellar has a particular way to successfully post a video that I actually learned recently and probably was trying to show off.
As far as it not being funny, I understand my humor isn't the same as every one else. If I bother to explain why I think it is funny, it loses all humor anyway, so I wont bother. Even though some of you want me banned at this point, I do appreciate that you looked at my posts and that some of you watched the video. Thank you.
http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=780246&postcount=4334

Quote:

Jeeze, doing some damage control on my rep here, but you guys are right, I deserve it. I have posted many times over the past few years and I hope occasionally they were amusing. I actually read other peoples more than I post myself. If you guys get me banned, I wont be able to read all your witty remarks and I'll never be funny.

Give me one more chance, I'll take it easy on the video posts for awhile.
http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=780250&postcount=13

I think he just likes posting funny or interesting vids. That's his bag.

Admittedly I did find this morning's flurry quite annoying, but they were all chosen for specific threads, they weren't the same vid spamming the board.

Personally I am not in favour of him being banned. he isn;t causing anyone any harm. At worst some of his vids miss the mark and are just weird instead of funny. Anyone here long enough to find them intolerably irritating has also been here long enough to know not to play an UncaDollas video.

Just my tuppennorth. Though, have to say this morning I was mildly annoyed and the thought "ffs, ban this twat already" did float briefly through my mind. But it ain't malicious and it ain't usually attention whoring. There are one or two other people who contribute in similar but less irritating ways (such as the strange and wonderful images John posts). At least he isn't private messaging people, starting feuds and generally shitting all over the carpet.

infinite monkey 04-22-2012 06:06 PM

He can still read and learn from our incredible wit, even from Banland. ;)

In my opinion, he did 'damage control' for his product, which is videos from his site. Yes, he stopped posting vids for a while, but it isn't like he was conversing in other ways during that time. He obviously can communicate, judging from the quoted text.

It's like "don't ban me, I won't post about the Incredible Lemony Mop Bucket I'm trying to hock. For a while, anyway."

classicman 04-22-2012 06:22 PM

The banhammer was the right decision.
I support the decision. The only other alternative would be to allow him to post without adding videos or images - if thats possible.

Ibby 04-22-2012 06:23 PM

its not even the implied advertising that bothers me... its that the videos arent a RESPONSE to the threads, its just whatever video is vaguely related to something vaguely alluded to in the thread. its contentless.

Ibby 04-22-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 807905)
Anyone here long enough to find them intolerably irritating has also been here long enough to know not to play an UncaDollas video.

I think that misses the point a little. If the only thing he has to say, everyone who's part of the community knows better than to bother with...