The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

wolf 07-03-2014 04:30 PM

Not to harsh your mellow, Dana, but isn't mystery shopping a sort of phishing scam?

DanaC 07-03-2014 04:33 PM

No, it's a very commonly used way for companies to assess their employee's performance on customer service issues.

I know a few people who've done it.

monster 07-03-2014 05:46 PM

It's also common here, but if you see a mystery shopping job advertised, it is usually a scam to get your bank details.

Aliantha 07-03-2014 05:55 PM

Mystery shoppers are pretty common here too.

elSicomoro 07-07-2014 02:35 PM

Since I shut my business down last month, I've been sleeping...a lot. Too much...like 12-16 hours a night. I try to keep a routine, but it just goes out the window. I could understand depression, except I'm not feeling depressed and I regularly take an antidepressant. The sleep I get is quality sleep, thanks in part to my CPAP machine. Everything is tip-top on that. I have diabetes, which is under control. So that leaves my thyroid at this point, I think. I dunno...going to the doctor's office in a bit.

footfootfoot 07-08-2014 09:48 AM

Mystery shippers
Mystery shitters
Mystery slappers

Gravdigr 07-08-2014 11:31 AM

How do get in contact with a mystery blow jobber?

Carruthers 07-08-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 903981)
How do get in contact with a mystery blow jobber?

Have you tried Gobble, er.... I mean Google?

orthodoc 07-21-2014 08:04 PM

I reserved my seat for the Board exam (October 16) today. The date is set. Now I have a specified number of days to study/agonize/panic.

It won't be easy, but then, nothing is. My spouse is struggling with his anger and retirement adjustment issues to the extent that I can't tell him about my day, nor can I mention anything about anxiety re my Boards.

However, the sun is setting and I plan to spend 10-15 minutes in the hot tub, then to bed and up at 4:00 to study. Go to work; work out afterward; study. Lather, rinse, repeat, until October 16 at 4:00 pm.

xoxoxoBruce 07-21-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 905312)
My spouse is struggling with his anger and retirement adjustment issues to the extent that I can't tell him about my day, nor can I mention anything about anxiety re my Boards.

This doesn't surprise me, probably not you either. :(

orthodoc 07-21-2014 08:27 PM

No. Somewhat disappointed but not surprised. I made my deal with the devil in 2012 when there really weren't any other options, and I wasn't cold enough to walk away after accepting a huge effort and sacrifice (of sleep, energy, and pride) on his part. He asked for a second chance and I agreed. So this is something I accept and will deal with.

elSicomoro 07-26-2014 10:14 PM

I'm so used to running on chaos...I don't know what to do anymore!

I crashed hard this afternoon...I guess my body was like, "Alright...things are good...you need some hardcore sleep."

Sundae 08-20-2014 07:45 AM

Off to see the 'rents again on Friday.
Which would usually be wonderful, but I went to see them about a month ago and it caused a big family furore. I was the catalyst, not a participant, but it made me super-wary.

It hurt me so badly I swore in my head that I would never go back to Aylesbury again, ever.
But that was an immediate knee-jerk (and jerkish) response.
Mum said if I didn't come down, she would come up here, and she is SO not allowed to at the moment - she had foot surgery after her trip up here (scheduled, not because of it!) and is still on sticks.

She wants to see me. She's worried because of the delay in my hospital admission. She's concerned enough to put her own health in danger. I cannot stand against that, even though I regularly tell her I'm fine. Trouble is, she listens to the tone and the phrasing and notes when I can't answer the phone and draws her own conclusions.

So I'm off for the Bank Holiday weekend. Well, not totally. The boy needs to be considered. It'll be a dawn start one day and a late night return another.
And I admit, although I have in no way engineered this, and in fact tried to sublimate it, I can't wait to see them again.

glatt 10-10-2014 07:23 AM

What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell?

This Ebola thing. I should just stop consuming the news.
Math on the front page today made a strong case for how we're already too late. This thing is out of control.

Clodfobble 10-10-2014 07:44 AM

I'm with you, I've bought into the hype more than I intended. I read an article talking about how whether or not America ultimately sees a significant number of cases, Africa is a goner at this point, and South America's governments aren't in a much better position to handle it either.