The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

glatt 12-27-2013 04:36 PM

Now my daughter is throwing up. What is that, 6 days later or so?

Ugh.

Time to clean everything again. At least we were healthy for Christmas.

Clodfobble 12-27-2013 05:38 PM

Dang, so much more frustrating when you thought you were past it. Hope she's better in time to go back to school.

glatt 12-27-2013 05:55 PM

How are you doing, Clodfobble?

Clodfobble 12-27-2013 06:07 PM

Oh, much better. Everyone went to bed early last night, so I got to as well. Minifobette has taken a turn back for the worse, but I seem to have escaped relatively unscathed.

glatt 12-28-2013 10:27 AM

Did I mention it got Mrs glatt this morning? I'm the sole survivor looking nervously around me.

Supposed to have a neighbor kid sleep over tonight while his parents are on the road. I'm trying to reach the parents so they can figure out a plan B.

Griff 12-28-2013 10:30 AM

Still waiting on Pete... Also teh boyfriend is here recovering from his snowboarding accident, will he succumb?

Clodfobble 12-28-2013 03:36 PM

Before we left my in-laws' house this morning, my sister-in-law started puking. We've still got three left in the house unaffected; I'm expecting this to get everyone before it's all over.

Griff 12-28-2013 03:37 PM

Typhoidfobble?

Clodfobble 12-28-2013 04:30 PM

Ha! Could be Mr. Clod, we'll have to keep an eye on that rascal...

orthodoc 12-28-2013 06:08 PM

The in-laws will all get it. Happy New Year! :greenface

This happened to us one Christmas long ago in Canada. Everyone, but everyone in my extended family traveled to be with us for the holidays. Absolutely everyone left with gastro. It was horrible. I sympathize, clod.

xoxoxoBruce 12-29-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 887413)
Before we left my in-laws' house this morning, my sister-in-law started puking. We've still got three left in the house unaffected; I'm expecting this to get everyone before it's all over.

Oh, so that's why you refused to stay home. Misery loves company, and if you're going down, they're ALL going down. :lol2:

Clodfobble 12-29-2013 08:18 AM

Heh... the motives were selfish, I agree: If we'd said we weren't coming, they just would have insisted on driving down to us instead. And then who knows how long they would have stayed. Better to just meet them on their turf and then beat a hasty retreat. Plus all the kids napped during the long car rides, which they wouldn't have done at home.

Minifobette hasn't thrown up in over three days, but she's still refusing to eat. We haven't decided yet if this is because she genuinely still feels nauseous, or because she's gotten it in her head that if she never eats again she'll never have to throw up again. She's the kind of kid who can stick to a decision like that, once she's made it.

Undertoad 12-29-2013 03:11 PM

I have numbness in the last two toes of both feet. In another few days it will reach the level of making an appointment about it.

infinite monkey 12-29-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 887520)
I have numbness in the last two toes of both feet. In another few days it will reach the level of making an appointment about it.

What is that level? Are you waiting for numbness in MORE toes, or for the currently numb toes to rot and fall off?

Get thee to a doctory.

Clodfobble 12-29-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
In another few days it will reach the level of making an appointment about it.

In another few days it will be New Years' Day, and no doctors will be open. Call today.

Or at the very least, go to the grocery store and pick up a little over-the-counter blood sugar test kit. It might be nothing, but I'd be worried about unchecked diabetes.