The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

sexobon 08-06-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 906481)
So, like, how come under 'who's online' it sez lumberjim is viewing index, yet he's clearly sittin' in the fantasy football thread? ...

In the box above the "Location" column, are you clicking on the words "Reload this Page" frequently to update the content? If not, you're viewing older information.

DanaC 08-07-2014 03:02 AM

I often check who's online to see if anybody is in the process of responding to threads I am interested in - if they are I'll sometimes hold off logging out to see what they've put.

infinite monkey 08-07-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 906528)
In the box above the "Location" column, are you clicking on the words "Reload this Page" frequently to update the content? If not, you're viewing older information.

I'm not using browser back and forth buttons so each time I visit 'who's online' or go back to the index or whatever I am, in essence, reloading the page. Other things change during the course of these actions. Like I said: observant, curious, and stalky.

Gravdigr 08-07-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 906481)
So, like, how come under 'who's online' it sez lumberjim is viewing index, yet he's clearly sittin' in the fantasy football thread? Is that a setting? Is that 'cause of fapatalk? Just wondering!

I just checked myself (before I wrecked myself). It says I'm looking at 'Home Base'...preeeety sure I'm in 'Cellar Meta', says so at the top of this page.

infinite monkey 08-07-2014 12:39 PM

Well that's different. I'll see me (and I'm imbisible to others btw) at the last thread I was in if I go directly to 'who's online.'

sexobon 08-07-2014 07:41 PM

You'll see you in Who's Online only if you're logged in. You have to log in to access the Who's Online page; but, you can log out while on that page, select Return to the page you were previously viewing when the Cellar Message gives you that option (rather than Go to forums index) and you'll still be on the Who's Online page only you'll appear as a guest. Other than that, the information is the same. It's a peculiarity of the Who's Online function. If you performed the same procedure on a user profile page, you'd lose the photo, friends listing, messages listing ... etc. after you logged out.

If you're invisible, others who are monitoring Who's Online at the same time you are can't see you; but, you can see them if they're not invisible too. Using the above procedure, even those who ARE visible can monitor Who's Online anonymously appearing as just a guest.

glatt 09-24-2014 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Cellar has been very slow all day for me. Like dial up. Slower, actually, because I haven't even been able to load any pages until now. And it's still pretty slow now, although I can finally see pages.
Anybody else?

Attachment 49137

Sperlock 09-24-2014 04:44 PM

As of this post, the speed for the Cellar seems normal to me.

Undertoad 09-24-2014 04:56 PM

Responsive for me all day.

DanaC 09-24-2014 04:57 PM

No probs here

glatt 09-24-2014 06:12 PM

Yeah. I'm at home and it's fine. It's a work connection problem. Not just the Cellar, some other sites too.

*shrug*

sexobon 10-19-2014 10:51 PM

Are we experiencing a shortage of qualified navel-gazers?

sexobon 10-26-2014 07:05 PM

Hey UT, what scaaaaaarry creature are you coming to the Cellar as for Halloween?

Undertoad 10-26-2014 08:01 PM

An incompetent technology administrator

sexobon 10-26-2014 08:09 PM

OK, I just wanted to make sure we're not coming as the same thing. I'm coming as tw.