The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

monster 04-27-2011 05:57 PM

What about Undae? Undies to friends.....

sexobon 04-27-2011 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can we upgrade the troll removal process to:

1. EVERYONE sends troll a friendship request.

2. Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate award gets posted to troll's final thread.

3. Troll is banned.

Attachment 32134

monster 04-27-2011 06:54 PM

Is it possible to (temporarily) prevent a user from starting new threads? For their own good, in order to prevent them becoming intolerably irritating to everybody except the morbidly charitable?

And perhaps the mods might consider moving just a couple of threads to more appropriate forums (like relationships and creative thingummajiggy), as a demonstration? I know this is not generally the done thing, but maybe in this case it might be for the greater good?

or.... on the other extreme, didn't Jim and Syc used to have their own forums/forae? Perhaps that's the answer :lol:

morethanpretty 04-28-2011 01:00 AM

She is a Sundae Woman now! She is so womanly she doesn't need the "woman" to be a part of her name. I for one will from now on refer to her as "Sister" or "Sis."

monster 04-28-2011 06:37 AM

For Pete's sake, last night's posts prove troll for those still doubting. totally different character/grammar structure etc. It was fun for a while, but lasted too long.

infinite monkey 04-28-2011 07:10 AM

Still not sure it wasn't a sock puppet, designed to bring us all together after the "do you hate IM and monster?" debacle.

If it was all real: well damn!

If not, it was a good laugh for a while.

disclaimer: I haven't read all last night's posts.

Goodbye pam, we hardly knew ye.

Sundae 04-28-2011 12:10 PM

Damn, I thought it would take a couple of days for people to notice!
I just figured I'm 40 next year, I can no longer play the ingenue, let alone masquerade as a girl.

I expect I'll still be called SG, in the same way as people sometimes still call JimHelm LJ.
Or is that just me?
I'm sure it'll fall naturally into an abbreviation at some point and I'm not really fussed what it is.

I am woman! Hear me mew!

sexobon 05-09-2011 07:21 PM

Is there a way to make a user un-ignorable (i.e. they can't be put on ignore) without making them a moderator?

I'm considering recruiting, via the moderator election procedure (i.e. nominations followed by an election), a full time character assassin for the Politics forum. There may even be positions for 3 people to provide 'round the clock coverage. They would operate by proxy to engage perpetrators of disruptive personal attacks so that users who prefer to dialogue in an educated language don't have to waste valuable time on that distraction.

While nominations would be overt, the election would have secret ballots and secret results overseen by the Administrator. Those elected would operate under sockpuppet names. They could accept "zingers" by PMs to build up their repertoire and block users who send PMs of any other nature. They would not otherwise correspond with other users under their operative names.

While the community can't eliminate all untoward behavior [the price of freedom here], it may be able to channel that behavior while having a heck of a lot of fun in the process of doing so.

Undertoad 05-09-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 732402)
Is there a way to make a user un-ignorable (i.e. they can't be put on ignore) without making them a moderator?

not really no

sexobon 05-09-2011 07:44 PM

Then my secret squirrels will have to regularly change their usernames so the perps can't ignore them. What's the per capita limit on sockpuppets?

xoxoxoBruce 05-14-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 732402)
I'm considering recruiting, via the moderator election procedure (i.e. nominations followed by an election), a full time character assassin for the Politics forum.

Why would that forum need any more?

sexobon 05-14-2011 09:38 PM

That's like asking why insurgents should be quelled by others with insurgent capabilities recruited to be counterinsurgents. Answer; because, I'm too indifferent to do the counterinsurgency myself. Wanna become a secret squirrel? With your moderator's experience, there's a place for you in the new Politics Forum order.

xoxoxoBruce 05-16-2011 01:41 AM

No thank you, I think there quite enough assassins there.

monster 05-19-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 734215)
No thank you, I think there quite enough assassins there.

and asinine asses.

DanaC 05-21-2011 09:04 AM

and elicit assignations...no wait...that'd be in the Relationships forum...