The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What might be making you a tad apprehensive, but might not, as it's too soon to tell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23955)

Clodfobble 03-01-2014 07:29 PM

He's not sorry about ur foot.

monster 03-01-2014 08:35 PM

We need to capture
The fracture rapture
Comin' right atcha

Griff 03-01-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 893728)
Yes, that's the one! Let me know what you think when you see it. I want to confirm whether I know your taste like I think I do. :) (I also predict that Foot & UT would like it, Griff & Lola would hate it, and Sundae would mostly like it except for the darkest bits...)

Actually, I'm a Louis CK fan, he gets how uncomfortable life is.

BigV 03-01-2014 09:54 PM

Um, congrats on the broken foot?

Heh.

orthodoc 03-02-2014 12:15 AM

Heh heh ... sorry or not sorry, congrats or not, thank you all ... I am VERY HAPPY to have a broken foot. :D

And I walked around on it for two months, cursing it but walking on it, so I have confirmed to myself that I am not a wuss. (Sometimes, when you have a lot of pain for a long time and it gets you down, you start to wonder.)

And I enjoy Louis CK. I haven't seen his show, but I've enjoyed the audio I've listened to. He's not pretty but he's real.

Clodfobble 03-02-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
Actually, I'm a Louis CK fan, he gets how uncomfortable life is.

Yabbut, the show or the standup? The show has a few clips of his standup inserted here and there, illustrating how he takes his weird-ass life and turns it into comedy, but most of the show is his weird-ass life. It's very different from his regular standup.

NSFW language

Griff 03-02-2014 07:59 AM

I find the pain in both to be revealing and strangely reassuring.

Lola Bunny 03-03-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 893728)
Yes, that's the one! Let me know what you think when you see it. I want to confirm whether I know your taste like I think I do. :) (I also predict that Foot & UT would like it, Griff & Lola would hate it, and Sundae would mostly like it except for the darkest bits...)

So, what "it" are you talking about? Louis CK? The shitty ankle, I found funny. The pot smoking clip, not so much.

Clodfobble 03-03-2014 01:06 PM

Yeah, the "it" I meant was his character-based show, i.e. the pot smoking clip. So I'm 1 for 2 on people who I thought would hate it... in baseball, I'd be batting .500!

Undertoad 03-03-2014 02:53 PM

ME: Louis' standup is brilliant; but his show, including that clip, is just average, don't like it don't hate it.

glatt 03-03-2014 03:06 PM

Did you see the episode of Comedians in Cars with him in it? It's my favorite one so far, and I've seen half a dozen. I suspect he's really like his stand up persona all the time.

Undertoad 03-03-2014 03:23 PM

I should clarify further by saying that his standup is most just "brilliant" but top eleven of all time, which on my list goes like:

George Carlin
Bill Cosby
Richard Pryor
Louis CK
Bill Hicks
Joan Rivers
Jerry Seinfeld
Steve Martin
Eddie Murphy
Sam Kinison
Emo Philips

DanaC 03-03-2014 03:46 PM

Emo Philips. I used to love him. I knew half his act word for word.

The one with the kid on the swing wanting him to push harder, and harder and harder...

So, I backed up the Buick...

Undertoad 03-03-2014 04:06 PM

My brother says hello!

. . . so hooray for speech therapy.

DanaC 03-03-2014 05:05 PM

Hahahahah. Excellent.