The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

classicman 10-21-2016 09:14 PM

I thought I had a mushroom thread somewhere ... can't find it. Anyone?

lumberjim 10-21-2016 09:38 PM

Search for one of the Latin names of some mushrooms

sexobon 10-21-2016 11:18 PM

Perhaps you're thinking of a thread in which you were a heavy contributor; but, just not the one who started it:

WTF Fungus Fest or Name that Fungus

classicman 10-24-2016 11:57 AM

Thanks all. Going with the "WTF Fungus Fest or Name that Fungus"

Gravdigr 10-30-2016 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 58348

Wonder what that was about?

sexobon 10-30-2016 04:40 PM

There was a rift in the space-time continuum and 4,487 other universes intersected with this one right at the Cellar Log In resulting in 4,487 Gravdigrs going online here all at the same time.

The rift existed for only a few moments; then, sealed itself leaving you wondering what that was about and your 4,487 counterparts being cut off thinking their log-in was unsuccessful because they mistyped their passwords.

These things happen all the time. Perhaps you've experienced an unsuccessful log-in attempt yourself.

Gravdigr 10-31-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 972371)
...resulting in 4,487 Gravdigrs...

Quote:

Holy shit! That's too cruel!
~Blazing Saddles

sexobon 11-15-2016 06:34 PM

What's up with John Sellers and the banned user title? Was that his chosen user title (can't remember) and he's playing possum (last activity 11/04); or, did I miss something (not asking for specifics)?

glatt 11-15-2016 09:30 PM

He chose it. He's not banned.

sexobon 11-15-2016 09:47 PM

Thanks, I guess he just wants everyone to know he's a big fan of that roll-on antiperspirant.

Flint 12-16-2016 03:47 PM

Are there time limits on how soon we have to respond to questions asked in threads or instant messages? I'm asking because another member seems to keep getting upset with me for not replying within a certain timeframe, so if there is one, what is it? A couple of days seems reasonable to me, but if there are new rules in place, can an admin let me know? Maybe a sticky post would be appropriate to make the announcement?

limey 12-17-2016 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 976600)
Are there time limits on how soon we have to respond to questions asked in threads or instant messages? I'm asking because another member seems to keep getting upset with me for not replying within a certain timeframe, so if there is one, what is it? A couple of days seems reasonable to me, but if there are new rules in place, can an admin let me know? Maybe a sticky post would be appropriate to make the announcement?

Flint, there are no time limits on replying to a thread or instant message that are set by the Cellar.

Sent by thought transference

sexobon 12-17-2016 10:13 AM

Other than that the timeliness; or, timing of one's replies in aggregate shall not be intolerably irritating. :D

Flint 12-21-2016 12:01 PM

Okay, cool, so, "gray area" on site owner singling out individual members to harangue about coming back to the Cellar to post on particular threads, including intrusively messaging them on their personal devices and refusing to accept that they are occupied with a social obligation as a valid reason for not immediately logging on to the Cellar to comply with the site owner's pushy demands..that's okay then.

Oh, then using administrator privileges to magically delete a post someone hasn't had time to reply to yet. Replacing it with a snarky, dismissive comment.

Basically singling out specific members for personal abuse is an okay thing for an impartial site owner to do. Got it.

Undertoad 12-21-2016 12:11 PM

Anyone can edit or delete a post within an hour.

There's no reason to reply to a deleted post. I reconsidered it and removed it. The post was incorrect in several ways. I'm sorry you saw it and it made you feel bad. You may be angry at me for writing it in the first place, if it makes you feel better. When I wrote it and removed it, it made me feel better to be angry and then to stop.

Are you still mad about April? That was 8 months ago, and was certainly no big deal, as is this.