New York Jets 17-14 New England Patriots(-10,5) ...WIN
Dallas Cowboys(-7,5) 27-10 Arizona Cardinals ...WIN
New York Giants(-2,5) 20-38 Chicago bears ...Loss

...Still to come

Carolina Panthers(-9,5)-Tampa Bay Bucs
Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #62
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

And the Panthers go up 14 with 3:30 left to make the spread. Do you do this for a living?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #63
W.HI.P
Free

Yeah they won it 24-10!
Actually I don't, although I have been making money consistently for quite a few years, most of it on long term bets, winning The French league for 6 years in a row with Lyon and stuff like that. You have to KNOW what you're betting on otherwise its just throwing money out in the long run.
I'm one who believes that the maximum someone should bet is 10% of what they have spare. The only reason I actually am recommending football at the moment is because i follow it in depth and therefore have a clear view on it.
I also follow hockey, buts its generally a little less predictable on a day to day basis, although i could recommend division winners, but i suppose thats more or less common knowledge.
I actually have few locals who look in on here every week and follow more or less my system, so the certainly made some good money this week. I hope some Cellarites cashed in this week, thats the reason i made this thread in the first place!
We got a big one coming up on Saturday, Ohio state vs Michigan...I don't know what the spread is yet, but if its not huge, I'll definetly be recommending Ohio State to take it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #64
Innovator
Recruit or Something

It's me from the convenience store. Nice one. I won 150 on one ticket, 7 games. I also won 3 other tickets. If it wasn't for NYG losing to Chicago this would be a perfect week in NFL football. Congrats.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #65
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator
It's me from the convenience store. Nice one. I won 150 on one ticket, 7 games. I also won 3 other tickets. If it wasn't for NYG losing to Chicago this would be a perfect week in NFL football. Congrats.
Wow! Excellent! Thats really cool, I'm glad you made some money!
Thanks, see you on the weekend!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #66
W.HI.P
Free

NFL Pointspread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Oakland Raiders-Kansas City Chiefs(-9,5)

Its just a matter of time before the Chiefs miss the train to the playoffs, they're just not good enough, I don't even think they can beat this spread, but based on the fact that Oakland is going through some serious problems, I suggest leaving this game alone.

Cincinnati Benglas-New Orlean Saints(-3,5)

So the Bengals woke up last week, but the Chargers were too good for them.
The Saints have 2 amazing running backs that will both have great games against these Bengals, but I honestly can't imagine the Cincinnati Bengals loosing this game, not with this offence against THAT defence, no way...and the security in this one is the -3,5 pointspread for the Saints, that just dosen't make any sense.
Bet on the Bengals

Pitchberg Steelers(-3,5)-Clevland browns

I'll just have to keep repeating myself about both these teams.
The Clevland Browns are a good team, the Pitchberg Steelers are not a good team, so where does this -3,5 points come from?
Of course... the Steelers won the supebowl last year...well, let me tell you something! Pitchberg last year, wasn't half the team they were 3 years ago.
Anyone who knows football and has followed the team will tell you the same thing.... I suppose what opened the closed door for the steelers last year was that C.Palmer injury early in the game in what would have been a devistating defeat for the Steelers. Anyhow, the Steelers have just gotten worse, and I can't see daylight in this decade. Fact is, the Browns are a better team, at home and underdogs, so yeah....
Bet on the Browns!

Tennessee Titans-Philadelphia Eagels(-13,5)

Mcnabb looks like he's back to his amazing old self, so all looks well for my favorite team. I expect the Eagels to win this without any adventures, but the 13.5 pointspread looks like its too much.
Keep in mind that the Eagels travel to Indianapolis next week in what will be the match of the year, the best quarterbacks in the NFL, head to head.
So I would guess that if Philadelphia secures an early lead, they'd be looking to take it easy an avoid injuries for next week, so no, this is no bet.

Atlanta Falcons-Baltimore Ravens(-6,5)

Neither of these teams impress me at all.
Obviously the Ravens have a better defence, but i don't think they'll have such an easy time against this unpredictable Falcons offence.
This game has too many if's in it to be able to make a wager, so avoid.

St.Louis Rams-Carolina Panthers(-7,5)

Carolina looked pretty good Monday night against the struggling bucs.
The difference between the TB Bucs and the St.Louis Rams though, is the fact that the Rams can score points, and do so in every game.
Some people have these Panthers pegged for a shot at the supebowl!
I think thats crazy...They should win their division, but thats about it.
7,5 points is too big of a pointspread.
Bet on the Rams

Buffalo Bills-Houston Texans(-2,5)

Now this is an early Christmas present. Houston got their final win of the season last week. They're now looking at getting the highest draft pick that they can get. Regardless, the Buffalo Bills with or without McGahee, have an easy outing and will get an easy win. The fact that Houston is listed as the favorites here is absurd.
Bet on the Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New England Patriots(-7,0)-Green Bay Packers

Tom Brady ain't the story here, the Green Bay Packers are! Everyones looking to find a way to stop Green, and Favre has the freedom to throw, and he's finally got a team he can work with, 2 WR's who look superb, these Packers are playing some football, forget about last year.
The Patriots aren't all that, they weren't last year either.
They just didn't have any opponents.... -7,0 points?
Bet on the Packers

Washington Redskins-Tampa Bay Bucs(-3,5)

Another Christmas present!!
The worst team in the NFL is -3,5 point favorites against the Washington Redskins!
So, Portis is out.....if he was playing, the redskins would win this by 17!
..and Brunnel is out, IMO, that dosen't make any diference whatsoever, it'll probably do the team some good, Washington's gonna run it anyways, and despite the fact that the Bucs are pretty good against the run, the question remains, will the bucs score 3 points this week? Well, maybe they will, but that still won't cover the spread!
Bet on the Redskins!!!!!

Chicago bears(-7,5)-New York Jets

The Bears actually showed up in New York last week and showed their superiority, and I guess you could probably see it coming, based on the fact that they might be facing them in the playoffs.
The Bears will not be playing 100% all through the season though, they don't have to, and they'd be stupid to, expect them to lose 1 more match at least this year. I hope it comes this week, as I like the Jets, but never put your money on who you cheer for, just to cheer, leave this one alone.

Minnesota Vikings-Miami Dolphins(-3,0)

Nice couple wins for the Dolphins, they needed that!
Minnesota stepped it up a bit against the Packers, but favre and the gang proved too good for them. Miami will probably win this, and most likely cover the spread, but i don't think its that safe.

Detroit Lions-Arizona Cardinals(-2,5)

This will be a high scoring game with this amazing Arizona offence, and their terrible defence. I expect Arizona to win it, and with such a small spread, I'm almost tempted to take it, but who am I kidding? Arizona's main problem is on the sidelines....Avoid!

Seattle Seahawks(-6,5)-San Fransisco 49ers

Holmgreen will get the win here, without a doubt, don't be fooled by the 49ers 4 wins, they are a very very bad team. Ok so Seattle have some major problems, and because of that, i'll leave this one alone, but whatever you do, don't be betting on SF.

Indianapolis Colts(-2,5)-Dallas Cowboys

They had the Colts 2,5 point underdogs against the Patriots and the Broncos.
These Cowboys are far better than both of those teams, so now the Colts are the -2,5 point favorites. If the Colts are gonna lose this year, it'll be this week against the Dallas Cowboys or next week against the Eagels.
Its not like they're under pressure or anything with the Jaguars 4 games back.
No matter how much I hate to bet against P.Manning.
Bet on the Cowboys

San Diego Chargers-Denver Broncos(-2,5)

This is a huge game betwen two playoffs teams.
The San Diego Chargers are a better team.
LT knows that a win here will almost secure them in the playoffs, and he won't need to get 4 touchdowns here like he did last week.
San Diego will win the game, and based on the fact that they're -2,5 point underdogs.
Bet on the Chargers!

New York Giants-Jacksonville Jaguars(-3,0)

The Jaguars are not the Bears, and no matter how much I'd like to see them win, to set my Eagels up to win this division, its just not gonna happen.
The New York Giants are for real, and are by far, a better team than the Jaguars. Now Strahan is gonna be missed for the Giants, but this matchup is the Giants offence against the jaguars defence, and no matter how i look at it, the giants will win.
Add the fact that the Jaguars are -3,0 point favorites.
Bet on the Giants!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #67
W.HI.P
Free

College football
*~*~*~*~*~*

Syracuse at home against Conneticut.
I've watched a lot of Syracuse matchups this year, and they've played some really good football against teams that were a lot better than Conneticut, I'm really impressed with their offence, and I think they're gonna beat this team by a bundle, and they have motive as well.
Their win pays 2,30.. take it!

Michigan@Ohio State
It dosen't get much better than this! I feel kinda silly talking about this game as there are various opinions on this one and it is one of the most talked about subject in sports in N.America these days, but i must!
What does this game really come down to? Michigans defence against this super Ohio State offence. Having watched them both with an open mind , i have to say that there isn't really any competition
It won't be as easy as the Texas game, but lets be real, Ohio State IS the #1 team in the country, and come Saturday Michigan will not be #2, and they really aren't now, i mean , not really.
Everyone was so impressed with the predictable win over the dodgy Irish that I just so happened to call.
Ohio State will win, the 3,5 pays 1,60 and that looks like the best way to wager on this event.
I mean the 6,5 spread pays what? 1,70? ..so as you can see, this is not a pointspread kinda game.

N.H.L Hockey
*~*~*~*~*~*

I must mention tommorow's Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators matchup.
They've got the Sabres heavy favorites, and thats just not realistic, not with their goalie "Miller" out. Hell, even if he was playing, 1,95 on Ottawa is a gift.
Ottawa will win this division no matter how it looks like at the moment, and its matches like this that will bring them there.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:04 PM   #68
W.HI.P
Free

Latest Results
*~*~*~*~*~*

Syracuse 20-14 Conneticut WIN=2,30
Ohio State 42-39 Michigan Loss=1,60
Ottawa Senators 4-1 Buffalo Sabres WIN=1,95
Cincinnati Bengals 31-16 New Orlean Saints(-3,5) WIN
Pitchberg Steelers(-4,5) 24-20 Clevland Browns WIN
Carolina Panthers(-7,5) 15-0 St.Louis Rams Loss
Buffalo Bills 24-21 Houston Texans(-2,5) WIN
New England Patriots(-7,0) 35-0 Green Bay packers Loss
Washington Redskins 17-20 Tampa Bay Bucs(-3,5) WIN
Dallas Cowboys 21-14 Indianapolis Colts(-2,5) WIN
San Diego Chargers 35-27 Denver Broncos WIN

The Steelers-Browns game i actually won, and quite a bit of money off of it.
I have the 4,5 spread here, and it seems wherever i look there was a 4,5 spread. I dunno where i got that 3,5 Tuesday night, but thats a WIN for whoever actually wagered on it.

.....Still to come
*~*~*~*~*~*

New York Giants-Jacksonville Jaguars(-3,0)
Old 11-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #69
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

McNabb gets a blown ACL. But the worse of it is how the Eagles failed to respond as every game becomes a must-win. They still have a pretty good defense but the Eagles are clearly not the team they were two years ago. A ridiculous number of drops and missed tackles for the last three weeks has local sports talk radio wondering whether Andy Reid hasn't lost the interest of the team.

The wheel's not completely off, but it's wobbling bad. I wouldn't bet on this team for a while until they find some legs.

Westbrook et al might be able to put enough together to beat some bad teams. But not Indy after a loss. Dammit.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #70
W.HI.P
Free

The season is over for our beloved Eagels.
The division is hard enough as it is.. Without Mcnabb, its hopeless.

It looks like a Chicago Bears vs (Chargers or Colts) Superbowl
Old 11-22-2006, 02:36 AM   #71
W.HI.P
Free

N.F.L Pointspread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Miami Dolphins(-2,5)-Detroit Lions

They've got this one pretty much right, Miami is a much better team than the Detroit Lions, especially their defence. One way or another, the Dophins will secure a lead and then run it at them with Brown, their defence will do the rest. Look for the Miami Dolphins to win their 4th in a row here, the 2,5 is a very small spread to cover.
Bet on the Dolphins

Tampa Bay Bucs-Dallas Cowboys(-10,5)
Poor Bucs here, they'e got the run all taken care of, the only problem is that julius jones hasn't been muh of a threat all year...and since Romo came in, no one can stop the pass.
The Dallas Cowboys seems to be one of the only threats to the Bears reaching the superbowl.
Tampa Bay gets my vote for worst team in the NFL, set aside my respect for Kiffin.
The 10,5 points is never a factor in such a miss-match...
Bet on the Cowboys!

Denver broncos(-2,5)-Kansas City Chiefs

There is no competition here.
KC is NOT even remotely close to the team they were last year, and the Denver Broncos are pretty much just as good. They need to claim that AFC Wildcard slot, and this is probably their most important game after last weeks home defeat at the hands of the superior Chargers.
Easy win for Denver, the 2,5 spread is small.
Bet on the Broncos!

Jacksonville Jaguars(-3,5)-Bufalo Bills
Jacksonville desperatly needs this win, it won't come easy, thats for sure.
I'm really tempted to take the Bills on the spread, and i may just do so come Sunday morning, but for now, i'll leave it alone, as I'm not quite sure if the Bills have the passion or motive to win this one.

Houston Texans-New York Jets(-6,5)
Oh my, the Jets are gonna demolish these texans, and beat this spread easily scoring multiple touchdowns.
I'm sure the Texans will score, but these guys still have a chance to make the playoffs!
They're certainly gonna demonstrate to this home crowd how super their offence is.
6,5 points will easily be covered by theNew York Jets
Bet on the Jets!

Pitchberg Steelers-Baltimore ravens(-3,0)

The Ravens are obviously the superior team here, i can't see either teams scoring many points in this one, therefore that spread is kind of unattractive.
Leave this one alone.

Cincinatti Bengals (-3,5)-Clevland browns

OK, so the browns are good, but Hello! They're not that good!
They could play this one 100 times and the Bengals would still come out on top...the Browns have nothing to run at them, and will find it very difficult to score... the Cincinatti Bengals on the other hand, well, we've seen what their offence is all about! Chad Johnson catching for over 400 yards these past 2 weeks, this teams on fire!
The 3,5 points can be kinda tricky, but i can't imagine this one being close.
Bet on the Bengals

Arizona cardinals-Minnesota Vikings(-6,5)
The 6,5 spread is so wrong, I mean the way the Vikings have been playing.
But you can't go the other way either, not with that Head Coach.
Leave this one alone.

San Fransisco 49ers-St.louis Rams(-5,5)
The spread looks just about right here.
I may be leaning towards the homes team, but not enough to wager on it.

New Orlean Saints-Atlanta Falcons(-3,0)
Erase the first game between these two in New Orleans, pretend it never happened, cause it really didn't. I mean, like look at the circumstances it was played under.
You Knew the Saints were gonna get a gimme.
The Falcons simply got to relax that week.
Reality has it. that the Falcons a beter team, and should win this.
However i will avoid, as the Falcons are a very unpredictable team.

Carolina Panthers(6,5)-Washington Redskins
Some games at this point of the year simply become pointless to gamble on.
You know the Redskins aren't gonna kill themselves, I mean, you've got a great team, the year is over, and then you stat looking at the players that you can get in the upcoming draft. Sure the Panthers will win this, and they will surpass the Saints in their division and take first place.
The Redskins are a running team, Panthers will be looking to kill the clock, this one should be over before all the others, certainly don't be betting on it.

Oakland Raiders-Sand Diego Chargers(-14,5)
This is an easy week if I've ever seen one for the Chargers.
I've watched quite a few Chargers games this year, and one of the things i've noticed about them, is that when they're up, they rest Tomlinson as much as possible, yet still run the ball, and they do that up the middle systematically, almost not caring about the first down, and then punt it away.
Especially now that they've got one foot in the playoffs, you can be 100% sure that thats what they'll be doing. I'm almost tempted to recomend the Raiders here. but my point was for us to avoid games like this.

Chicago bears-New England Patriots(-3,0)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that the Chicago bears play with a little passion here and show their overwhelming superiority against the Patriots.
If they play 75%, they're not only gonna beat this spread, but they'll get an EASY WIN!
Bet on the Bears!!!!!!!!

New york giants(-3,0)-Tennessee Titans
What are we even talking about here?
Bet on the Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philadelphia Eagels-Indianapolis Colts(9,5)
Seasons over for the Eagels, thats so sad, this would have been an amazing matchup! I think the Eagels defence are gonna have their hands full against perfect Manning, We're gonna lose! Lets not forget though that the Colts will be taken it easy from here on out, so you got to stay away from them pointspreads, avoid!

Green Bay Packers-Seattle Seahawks(-10,5)

Favre didn't look to good last week, taking it upon himself to make the plays since the Patriots found a way to finally stop Green.
The seahwks haven't stopped Anything all year.
I predict that the Green Bay Packers offencive machine should start running again, and I think they'll have a go at actually winning this game...10,5 ponts?

Bet on the Packers!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #72
W.HI.P
Free

Latest Results
*~*~*~*~*~*

Miami Dolphins(-2,5) 27-10 Detroit Lions WIN
Dallas Cowboys(10,5) 38-10 Tampa Bay Bucs WIN
Denver Cowboys(-2,5) 10-19 Kansas City Chiefs Loss
New York Jets(-6,5) 26-11 Houston Texans WIN
Cincinnati Bengals(-3,5) 30-0 Clevland Browns WIN
Chicago Bears 13-17 New England Patriots(-3,0) Loss
New York Giants(-3,0) 21-24 Tennessee Titans Loss

.......Still to come

Green Bay Packers - Seattle Seahawks(-10,5)
Old 11-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #73
W.HI.P
Free

Stanley cup & Confrences
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Western Conference Winner

Anaheim Ducks=4,50
Detroit Red Wings=6,50

Eastern Conference Winner

Atlanta Thrashers=6,50
Ottawa Senators=9,00

STANLEY CUP

You can select whatever you believe, but I do recomend the best team in hockey to actually win it, and thats the Anaheim Ducks!

Anaheim Ducks=7,00
Detroit Red Wings=13,00
Atlanta Thrashers=13,00
Ottawa Senators=21,00
Old 11-29-2006, 12:57 AM   #74
W.HI.P
Free

N.F.L Pointspreads
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Baltimore Ravens-Cincinnati Bengals(-3,0)

Great divisional matchup!
I'm not impressed by either team...well, if you were to take the Bengals offence and the Ravens Defence, and make that one team, you'd win the superbowl.
But i'm afraid that if you were to take the Ravens offence with the Bengals defence, you'd have a winless team.
Based on all the above. I'd have to say that the Cincinnati Bengals Offence wins the battle against this defence and will win the game and cover the -3,0 spread.

Bet on the Bengals

Minnesota Vikings-Chicago Bears(-9,5)

The superbowl Bears at home in a contest I'm not sure they care about.
Their first one this year was pretty close.
The Vikings played well last week and look like they're getting out of that spell again.
I'm quite unsure on how the Bears will play, avoid betting on this one.

Arizona Cardinals-St.Louis Rams(-7,5)

You got to stay away from those Cardinals till they sort out their problems there.
I honestly believe that Arizona is a better team than the Rams.
But, under the circumstances in Arizona, you simply cannot trust it.

Indiannapolis Colts(-7,5)-Tennessee Titans

At what point does a team actually go to a game to lose?
When are the wins enough to actually not care about winning?
It is pointless to gamble on it.

San Fransisco 49ers-New Orlean Saints(-7,5)

Both teams are worse than their record shows.
The spread looks just about right, its too close for comfort.

Atlanta Falcons-Washington Redskins(-2,5)

Washington is seriously a great team! But their year is over like it or not.
they're not gonna pull off another late miracle without portis...sorry, its not gonna happen.
The Atlanta Falcons still have a fake reality glimpse at a playoffs spot.
They should win his game, and he fact that the Redskins are 2,5 point favorites.
I suggest taking advantage of this spread.

Bet on the Falcons!

Kansas City Chiefs(-6,5)-Clevland browns

Don't be mistaking the Chiefs for a playoff team, they're not good enough.
They ran into a broncos team with serious problems.
The Browns on the other hand had nothing to run against the worst running defence in the nfl
...and of course lost the game without scoring a point.
This weeks a whole different story.
The Clevland Browns are a good team,
and not only should they beat this -6,5 pointspread , but they should win this game!

Bet on the Browns!!!

Detroit Lions-New England Patriots(-14,5)

The Lions are really bad...the Patriots should have an easy game.
..but do you really think Brady will care about winning by 15 or 14 points?.
Avoid!

San Diego Chargers(-6,5)-Buffalo Bills

The San Diego Chargers are certainly starting to look like a superbowl team.
The best RB in the game, a solid defence.
Rivers is an outstanding quarter back given the tools that he has.
Poor Bills should be in the playoff hunt, they certainly have the team for it.
The spread looks pretty much right, it could go either way.

New York Jets(-2,5)-Green Bay Packers

In what should be a high scoring game, its very hard to pick a winner.Avoid!

Jacksonville Jaguars-Miami Dolphins(-2,5)

The Miami Dolphins should take advantage of the situation in Jacksonville
and win their 5th in a row in this rivalry, 2,5 points is almost nothing.

Bet on the Dolphins

Houston Texans-Oakland Raiders(-3,0)

The Raiders are a better team, the're in better shape, and they're at home,
i'm pretty close to recomending them, but you never know with these kinda matches
...2 teams in a race for top pick in the draft..they both may end up competing to lose.
Avoid

Tampa Bay Bucs-Pitchberg Steelers(-7,5)

Does it get any worse than this? talk about bad teams, this game is worse than the one above.

Dallas Cowboys(-6,5)-New York Giants

Great matchup, this could be for top spot!
No matter how you look at it though, the spread is so wrong.
The New York Giants defence is one of the best in the NFL, its been like that for the past 2 years.
The Cowboys will not score so easily against these guys.
Although young Manning is not that good, he does have a lot of options.
Tiki will get the ball a lot and try to run outside with it, and he should have success.
The score shouldn't run as high as some might expect.
The 6,5 points are huge in a match that is just as likely to end up a win for NY.

Bet on the Giants!

Seattle Seahawks-Denver Broncos(-3,0)

So we have anew QB coming in for the Broncos.
I have no idea what condition he's in, so this is hardly one to wager on.
...and for those who are having dreams about the Seahawks making the superbowl?
....wake up! its not gonna happen.

Carolina Panthers(-4,5)-Philadelphia Eagels

This will be close..Carolina's gonna have a hard time scoring against this defence.
The Eagels can really hurt the Panthers with a win here.
This is certainly not the kinda game I'd recomend, but given that its Monday night football,
My Eagels are plaing, with a shot at it, as the matchups are favourable.

Bet on the Eagels
Old 12-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #75
W.HI.P
Free

Latest Results
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cincinnati Bengals(-3,0) 13-7 Baltimore Ravens ....WIN
Atlanta Falcons 24-14 Washington Redskins(-2,5) ....WIN
Clevland Browns 31-28 Kansas City Chiefs(-6,5) ....WIN
Miami Dolphins(-2,5) 10-24 Jacksonville Jaguars ....Loss
New York Giants 20-23 Dallas Cowboys(-6,5) ....WIN

.....Still to come

Philadelphia Eagels-Carolina Panthers(-4,5)