The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 08-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

jdbutler, are these compiled on a site somewhere? Or are you just amazingly fastidious to present them in alphabetical order for us? Funny stuff there, thanks!

BTW, my mom used to sing the "chewing gum" song to us -- I had know idea it was a REAL song, much less C&W!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
jdbutler
If ya cant take a joke, Effya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 44/100% pure
jdbutler, are these compiled on a site somewhere? Or are you just amazingly fastidious to present them in alphabetical order for us? Funny stuff there, thanks!

BTW, my mom used to sing the "chewing gum" song to us -- I had know idea it was a REAL song, much less C&W!
I know that some may disagree, but I'm not that anally inclined so as to put them all in order. They were sent to me in an email years ago and I saved them to a file. As far as I know they are all real song titles, but they are funny!
Old 08-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

Another song that sends me into a blind rage - McArthur Park. I hate that song!
Old 08-19-2004, 02:39 PM   #4
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbutler
I know that some may disagree, but I'm not that anally inclined so as to put them all in order. They were sent to me in an email years ago and I saved them to a file. As far as I know they are all real song titles, but they are funny!
I recognize a couple, but many are definately ones that probably got 5 minutes of air time and were never played again. Country is actually an interesting genre. There's the sappy, "Ma' Coonhound done left me" group, but there are also some incredibly clever songs with great lyrics and a terrrific rock beat that make wading through the "coonhound" songs worthwhile. Its also like belonging to a secret club. Most people just hear the word "country" and their mind turns off. To each his own. I couldn't stand a strict diet of Country only, but there are some country songs that make me want to laugh and dance at the same time. Can't beat that.