The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-10-2007, 04:08 AM   #31
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

IMHO, Having 6 million of your friends and family members turned into air pollution, would give anyone an itchy trigger finger.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #32
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippikos View Post
Yes, the US is completely depending on Russia and China in the ME for a diplomatic solution, especially after Junior dismissed the Baker plan.
The Baker Hamiloton "Iraq Study Group" is not gone. But just like the 9/11 Commission (which neocons also tried to make fail and then tried to ignore), the ISG is probably waiting to George Jr's speech today (10 Jan 2007) where George Jr commits to escalation. Where George Jr says there is light at the end of the tunnel. Where Geroge Jr first makes it official that he will completely ignore the ISG. Then we should start hearing from ISG commission members - just like the 9/11 Commission had to do. Remember, the president is only concerned with his legacy. You are the scum he uses - and has no respect for - because his legacy and political opinion polls are more important.

George Jr may try to fall back on some 'rushed' Pentagon Study that the White House commissioned after to became obvious how realistic the ISG report would be. IOW George Jr will spin more lies. And don't let anyone forget this reality. Repeatedly in the second half of 2003, all those administration people who served in Iraq (and that includes Bremers and Gen Garner) were telling George Jr, Cheney, and Rumsfeld that the war was being lost ... in 2003. George Jr has ignored it and has been lying that long.

Meanwhile, also as embarrassing are decisions (lack of) made by Condi Rice who was more concerned with saying the 'right thing' rather than confront Rumsfeld and Cheney. So also was a classic example of a nay-sayer - a tea leaf reader who simply learned how to say the right things sooner. She also was told repeatedly how bad Iraq was even in 2003 - and ignored it completely.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 AM   #33
tranquill
Neophyte-in-training

Israeli analyst*suggests turning nuclear Iran against Egypt.
He argues that Shia dominance is prefereable to the Sunni's.
See this: http://samsonblinded.org/blog/use-ir...inst-egypt.htm
tranquill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #34
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Whoa folks. TW and Bruce, specifically.

I am the resident armchair expert on military aircraft.

Last I checked, the F-16 I model had a COMBAT range (approx, the actual range is classified) of 2100 km. That translates to 1130 nm and 1300 sm.

That range is calculated by taking the tested range if the F100-PW-229 engine with which it comes equipped, adding in the extended range afforded by the drop tanks (600 gal) and taking away a small fudge factor to allow for armament.

The ferry range is twice that because the plane doesn't have to return to it's base. Often, the "Operational Range" number put forth by the various websites offering information on the type is the same as the ferry range or even the Maximum range, which doesn't allow 45 mins of fuel available at landing, as ferry range does.

Any further questions, ask away!

Last edited by BrianR; 06-26-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo fixing
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're saying the F-16I, with internal tanks, 450 gallon conformal tanks, and 600 gallon wing tanks, has a range of only 1300 miles? Pshaw.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #36
BrianR

actual range is classified.

The Israelies have not consulted with me in the design of the F16I Sufa.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #37
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
This would not be an Israeli only attack as should have been obvious to all who read Cyclefrance's first post. Of course, an America on a religious crusade - that is acceptable.
Though much disapproved of by those like tw who don't want America to win, in their, ah, sophistication.

Quote:
Only someone with an Urbane cannot fodder intelligence would not see how severe those consquences would be.
And only someone with a tw "cannot copyedit" intelligence would let a sentence that badly written out of the chute -- just to undermine anyone's perception that his argument might have wisdom. Boo.

Quote:
Worse, that is exactly the attitude and mentality of President Cheney - who also insists the US presidency does not have enough power.
Calling you a nutcase merely names the problem. It does not cure.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #38
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
Last I checked, the F-16 I model had a COMBAT range (approx, the actual range is classified) of 2100 km. That translates to 1130 nm and 1300 sm.
So your conclusion is ... ?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #39
BrianR

My conclusion is: details matter. When something incorrect like a statistic glares at me from the screen, I have to say something, especially when I actually know of which I speak.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #40
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

http://therewaschocolate.com/ZenCart...bes(600px).jpg for Iran?