The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-16-2003, 05:58 AM   #91
Billy
Professor

linknoid, I did not get the answer

There are few people to know the difference. Many young people like the pop music. I will psot it ASAP if I get. I am sorry.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #92
linknoid
Superior Inhabitant

Thank you for looking into it. I actually find it as interesting that you and people you know don't know much about it as I would be about actual information about the music.
linknoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:37 PM   #93
Billy
Professor

I am sorry

I sitll find
Old 05-23-2003, 06:44 AM   #94
Billy
Professor

One my pic

This pic was taken in 2000, my second year in university.
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2003, 03:47 PM   #95
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I actually find it as interesting that you and people you know don't know much about it as I would be about actual information about the music.
Purged.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #96
Billy
Professor

Only me know little about the music

I post the answer to many BBS. They told me that they cant not remember the difference. Many people who know the trditional China music don't surf internet. The young people who like visite internet like pop music.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:24 AM   #97
Billy
Professor

I come back

My operation was ok. I entered the Foshan China Medcine Hospital on 30, May and left it on 4, June. It cost me much money. Tomorrow I need go to check again. Maybe it need a long time to recover. My health is bad. I need take care of my body in the future.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:23 AM   #98
Griff
still says videotape

I hope you recover your health Billy. We enjoy your insight here.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #99
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah,we missed you. next time pick a hospital with internet.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:46 PM   #100
Billy
Professor

Thank you very much

Thank you from my heart bottom. I like chatting with you. You give me more good views. The hospital with Internet is too expensive that I can not afford to it. I can surf internet anywhere in China if I have one notebook PC. I will often come as ago.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:25 AM   #101
Billy
Professor

Hope no next time

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Next time pick a hospital with internet.
I don't need next time. Hope I have a good body.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:14 PM   #102
warch
lurkin old school

Hey Billy, tell us about healthcare in China. Not that you need to tell us about your illness unless you wish, but was there a wait to get into the hospital or see a doctor? Are there enough hospitals and caregivers to serve all the people in your area? You mention a more expensive hospital versus the one you attended- are all citizens covered for medical care equally? Do you have access to medicines? Do hospitals mix western and traditional Chinese treatments?
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:12 AM   #103
Billy
Professor

China healthcare

I first find some official website for your information. I will tell you my feeling next time.

SARS Promotes Health Consciousness Among Chinese People

Public Hospitals Face Big Challenges

Traditional Medicine Looks West

Family Doctors Enter Chinese Life

Funds to Improve Rural Medicare

Traditional Chinese Medicine on Verge of Breakthroughs

[url=http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/10284.html]China¡¯s Relationship with the World Health Organization (WHO)

Public Healthcare System Gets Millions for Upgrade

Last edited by Billy; 06-10-2003 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:00 AM   #104
Billy
Professor

China Healthcare system

I don't need wait to see doctor, but I had a ten minutes wait for the medicine taking. In cities there are enough hospitals and doctors to provide services for the public. In rural areas the healthcare is not so perfect, can say much worse in poor area. The govenment have bulit one medicare sysyem in the cities to protect the pubic getting the curing. The life insurance becomes popular in China now. More and more people receive the life insurance and buy some pieces of insurance. In rural area we are just building this system. Now in many rural areas people have no enough money to cure the serious diseases, like cancer, hepatitis, they wait for heath to save the money for their families. The necromancy still exists to cure diseases in the rural areas. In fact some traditional contagions are more serious than the SARS in rural areas because they don't know how to protect themselves and no money to get the bacterins.

In Henan (my home town), Hubei, Hebei, Shanxi Provinces there are many AIDS infected people. Ago some poor people provided their blood to live. Then the nation and people don't recognize that AIDS can widely spread by this way. The nation absolutely restrict this behavior. I heard that some whole families have AIDS. We have bulit the curing fund to help the por people. But it is difficult to help all the people. In China the people like contributing money to temples rather than children education, curing...

Some hospitals fee is high because they have the famous doctor and good health equipments. This time I did not go to the Foshan First People's Hospital because I can not afford to the too high fee. The hospital provide high quality services, possess famous doctors and good care equipments. I think I should save my money if I can cure my disease in other low price hospital. I learned that Foshan Chinese Medcine Hospital's service is bad. The doctors are professional but som nurses don't care the patients well. One nurse scolded me. We have right to select doctor and medicine. I would select high price medicine if I have enough money to use. I lived in the traditional Chinese hospital, but I had one operation and western medicine. I use some traditional medicine to cure my disease.

There are three kinds of hospitals: western hospital, mixing western and traditional Chinese hospital and traditional Chinese hospital. We select different hospitals to cure our different diseases. We would go to the western hospitals if we have the operations. We would go to the traditional Chinese hospitals if we have some chronic diseases, such as headache using acupuncture. Infact we have make traditional Chinese medicine in practical life, such as we add herbal medicine into soup and dish.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:10 AM   #105
linknoid
Superior Inhabitant

Re: China Healthcare system

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Now in many rural areas people have no enough money to cure the serious diseases, like cancer, hepatitis, they wait for heath to save the money for their families. The necromancy still exists to cure diseases in the rural areas.
I'm not sure if your translation came across correctly. By "necromancy", are you saying that they cure diseases by just letting them kill you, rather than treating them? Or is the meaning literal, to quote a definition by dictionary.com: "The practice of supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead in order to predict the future" or " Black magic; sorcery." Either way, it doesn't sound like a very attractive option for health care.

Or did you mean something else entirely?
linknoid is offline   Reply With Quote