The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 12-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #31
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick...Some of you folks need to stay the hell away from weed. The way it affects/effects some of ya, I'd pay a fair amount of money to watch ya get good and geeked on some fine Peruvian Marching Dust. You'd prolly never come down.

God damn, people, it's weed. I've used it every way there is to use it, never got nothing but high.

Then again, there may be some hyperbole in some of those posts.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #32
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I admit, it's entirely possible that my friends in college all vomited for a day because they used expired eggs or a moldy brownie mix, or something. All I know is what I saw, which was a lot of brownies where no brownies ought to be.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #33
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
...which was a lot of brownies where no brownies ought to be.
I like the way you put that.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #34
Molasar
Part-time superhero (off shift right now, leave a message)

Location: Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
I thought I'd stumbled on a light-web version of Silk Road for a moment.

I've just read this thread from start to finish and it's been a PMSL trip better than I could have hoped

it's not been helped by the fortuitous wording of @Gravdigr's signature, that's a follow-through event in a, ahem, medical thread like this.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molasar View Post
...it's not been helped by the fortuitous wording of @Gravdigr's signature, that's a follow-through event in a, ahem, medical thread like this.
The Cellar, and myself, have worked very hard over the years to earn every word of that signature.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #36
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

this is a month ago but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
when we lit up, he coughed to the point where he couldn't breathe. We had access to a vaporizer, but he had the same reaction.
So it worked then?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:27 AM   #37
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I think it takes people different ways.
I like the long slow build of eating. I can keep walking and watching and observing and enjoying; yes, I'm basing much of my experience on my trip to Amersterdam.
Whereas a smoke makes me sleepy-bo very quickly. Or very silly-giggly with the right person.

But I have known people, people I trust, people with no reason to lie, who have been on much harder stuff, be affected by days after eating. Or sick as dogs.

Once you've finished school there's really no kudos in being able to ingest everything. So what if you can eat more boiled eggs than me?
Iron constitutions were lauded back when it was barely safe to drink the water. These days it gives a false sense of invulnerability, encourages excess and is only going to make you die quicker.

And when I say you, I mean I.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #38
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
this is a month ago but

So it worked then?
I guess it depends on your definition of "worked"

It vaporized. It got me high. It made his lungs .... freeze? cramp? and he coughed until he puked.

I wouldn't call that successful for him, anyway.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Was it kinda crappy stuff?

Is he inexperienced?

Does he have bronchitis?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #40
Spexxvet

Quote:
Was it kinda crappy stuff?
I can't tell anymore
Quote:
Is he inexperienced?
Smoked rarely over the last 20 years. In our twenties we always had some with us.
Quote:
Does he have bronchitis?
No. But he's afraid he has compromised his lungs from 30 years of cigarettes, stopping about 10 years ago.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #41
glatt

Instead of having a friend soliciting advice on the internet for him, maybe he should see a doctor to get his lungs checked out.

Lung cancer grows for a long time before the symptoms show up, and then it's too late. It's a nasty little fuck. Maybe his coughing until puking when smoking weed is a canary in the coal mine, and he should pay attention to this dead bird.

Does he get regular physicals at least?

Perhaps I'm being alarmist. Maybe he's fine. Generally, though, ignoring a health problem doesn't make it go away.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #42
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I never got along with vaporisers. Made me cough more than smoking it did.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #43
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Instead of having a friend soliciting advice on the internet for him, maybe he should see a doctor to get his lungs checked out.

Lung cancer grows for a long time before the symptoms show up, and then it's too late. It's a nasty little fuck. Maybe his coughing until puking when smoking weed is a canary in the coal mine, and he should pay attention to this dead bird.

Does he get regular physicals at least?

Perhaps I'm being alarmist. Maybe he's fine. Generally, though, ignoring a health problem doesn't make it go away.
Not alarmist at all. His primary care physician kinda blew it off. He's trying to find a pulmonologist.