The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #16
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are/were you on there?
Any great/horrific experiences?
Is it useful? Or tosh?

etc.

....should I be on there? I really have no career to brag about but I'm hoping to finally start one, even though I'm nearly 50. I've avoided it because I didn't have a career/didn't need it and my spam email account gets so much shit from there I figured it was probably mostly ego-inflating bollocks.

My career counselor (who told me I'd graduated at last appointment ..i.e. on yer own, chick..) suggested it then cooled off and eventually went with undecided.... so I decided to look up all the people I've talked with in my career-hunting path and go with the majority (a method career counselor approved).... aaand they seem split 50:50. So I'd appreciate insights from you lot, pls & tx.
The interface is very clunky. It does a lot of things, but doesn't do anything very well.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:41 PM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

so....

There's a galactic fuckton of these sites now, many more than the last time I was on The Quest. I like LinkedIn as far as it goes, it does have a huuuuge reach, I would definitely jump in the pool, we're all here after all.

I want to give a big "F U!" shout out to Lens a dot com. Bastidges. They let you search and create a profile and screen after screen of fill in the blanks as you're building your profile... then this:

Quote:
Complete your order
Why pay for posting to 9 top job sites?Because millions of jobs never get advertised. Instead they're filled by candidates found on job sites. But with hundreds of good sites and different employers searching each one, you really need to be on all of them. Let us save you 60 hours of data entry!Questions? Call 1 (800) 385-4583Special discount! $59.95 $39.95 (One-time charge)Secure Purchase
Name Must match card
Card Number
Expiration DateSecurity Code
CVV
Post my resume nowJim headshot
I signed up on Tuesday ... by Friday I had a job!
- JIM M., CA

Shelly headshot
I saved so much time using your posting service!
Fuck you you mother fuckers. Your deception by luring me into creating a profile without telling me at the end it can ONLY be saved and "posted to 9 top job sites" by paying forty bucks is unethical. The hypocrisy of saying how much time (60 hours!) of data entry is just embarrassing. Leave the internet now. You're fired.

EDITED TO ADD

I was so pissed at the gotcha during my repair work on my Quest that I came right here to warn all of you. Warning posted, work resumed. When I went back to the site, I see that "ResumeRabbit" is the third party service that "offered" to post my resume to xyz sites. Not Lensa.com, though the distinction is not abundantly obvious. I canceled the screen that was asking for my money, and returned (surprise surprise) back to the Lensa.com profile setup screen. I deselected yes, let's do the resumerabbit shit, and proceeded. I guess now Lensa.com is OK.

Last edited by BigV; 03-06-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Lensa.com is ok, ResumeRabbit makes you do all the work before they say it will cost you money. Assholes.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote