The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #136
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

Yes, I have seen him, I have spoken to him. I miss him terribly. He has told me that he misses me, and that kills me. I should not be so absent that I'm missed. He needs me, he needs his father. He needs his mother too. But right now I'm being shut out, prevented from spending time with him, and that's not right. That's not good for a young boy.

I want what's best for our son, and that means being there, but I am not there.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:38 PM   #137
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

How come you won't divulge why it is she thinks you're a danger to her and her son? Restraining orders usually require some sort of evidence - they're just issued willy-nilly on any old whim.

Perhaps getting to the root of that will give you the solution to the problem.

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #138
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfalicious View Post
How come you won't divulge why it is she thinks you're a danger to her and her son? Restraining orders usually require some sort of evidence - they're just issued willy-nilly on any old whim.

Perhaps getting to the root of that will give you the solution to the problem.
A woman needs say no more than "I'm scared" to get a restraining order on her husband - thats a fact!
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #139
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Deuce - You gotta shake this off and fight your ass off to get this shit done and over with as quickly as possible - you need to accept the reality that she doesn't want you in her life - AND that has nothing to do with your son. They are two completely seperate issues. The fact that you are being temporarily shut out TOTALLY SUX, but that is temporary - Don't lose sight of that. I lost all three of my kids for months - I didn't even talk to my daughter for almost 6 months! That time has passed for me and I see much clearer now. I talk to every one of them every day.
You need unemotional counsel to guide you through this. You are not in a state of mind to make the best and/or most rational decisions - you yourself have admitted this. You need someone to take the wheel for a bit to let your emotions catch up with your intellect.

I've been there - right there where you are crying non-stop with no feelings other than dispair, no joy, no happiness, no energy. Just a lot of nothingness and negativity. All I can say is STOP IT now and focus on the future and the many wonderful times you will spend with your son as soon as you get all this crap over with. Get the lawyer, get the help and get this shit done.

Then get your ass over here cuz we're goin tuna fishin or bottom fishin together on the boat - whatever HE wants! You and your son with me and my boys.
That, my friend, is an open invitation and a promise.
F
O
C
U
S
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #140
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

(I'm just keeping in mind there's 3 sides to every story: his, hers, and the truth. We're only getting 1 side. And I smell something fishy. And it's not ********'s twat this time.)

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #141
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

kgg this isn't about condemning her. This is about ensuring that if what she is doing is being done as part of the 'divorce game' then deuce protects himself.

I couldn't give a shit abotu her, because I don't know her and she's never posted here. Doesn't mean I think she's in the wrong, she might be in the right. Not the point: Deuce is here, he's a dwellar, we want him to be okay. The advice here in this thread is offered in that spirit.

Also...the woman has taken out court orders against him. She has prevented him from seeing his children. It does not really matter whether her reasons were valid/understandable to us or not. Right now, anger is deuce's friend. She is not.

Smurf, I see your point, and indeed I have asked the same question. Ultimately though, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that Deuce and his (ex) wife get to the end of this process with as little trauma as possible. What matters is that at the end of this process there will be a degree of peace and stability in which to reflect on it.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:30 AM   #142
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm glad to see you hanging in there Deuce. Think about getting an order allowing you visitation with your son. That should be a relatively simple thing to do.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #143
kgg
A Friend Indeed

Obviously the restraining order doesn't say "no contact whatsoever" as he has stated, he has seen and talked to his son. So that is a good thing. Obviously she is not being vindictive otherwise it would be no contact period, over and out. Yes, there are two sides to every story, I agree and even though he is a dwellar, she still has a story that perhaps has truth to it as well.

She is being portrayed as someone who is saying "I;m scared" just to be mean. I don't get that feeling.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #144
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgg View Post
Obviously the restraining order doesn't say "no contact whatsoever" as he has stated, he has seen and talked to his son. So that is a good thing. Obviously she is not being vindictive otherwise it would be no contact period, over and out.
Wait a minute. Where did I say that the restraining order says "no contact whatsoever"?

You're absolutely right about contact with our son. That is a very good thing, a boy needs his father. There are some things a mother can't do for a adolescent boy. For him to be the best, most complete person possible, he needs both parents. There are some things that only a Dad can do. And the overwhelming evidence of the harm suffered by children across the country from not having a Dad around is terrifying. And tragic in this case, since I am not being a deadbeat dad, I **want** to be there, but I am being prevented from being there. That is wrong, and directly harmful to our son.

As to the vindictiveness.... there is plenty hurt to go around here, and adults can fight mean. But injuring our child because one parent is mad at the other is wrong. I won't stand for it.

Quote:
Yes, there are two sides to every story, I agree and even though he is a dwellar, she still has a story that perhaps has truth to it as well.
Well, for sure everybody here has had an earful of my side of the story. Obviously, I can't tell her side of the story. ***That's exactly*** the problem, she doesn't believe I understand her, and I guess I don't. I wish she'd tell her side of the story. Undoubtedly there is truth to her side as well. But every time I try to repeat back to her what I understand she's saying, I get it wrong. And when she tells me what I'm thinking and meaning, that's often wrong. It is fucked up. You want her side of the story, ask her. I've tried explaining it here, apparently I can't make myself understood to y'all any better than I can make myself understood to her.

Quote:
She is being portrayed as someone who is saying "I;m scared" just to be mean. I don't get that feeling.
I'm curious, what feeling do you get?

Here's my take on it. First the bad news. She can be mean. Some of the things she says to me,

heh.

I put up a whole freakin thread about it. Y'know what it's called? I want to die. You could look it up. I dont' know if you've seen it or posted there... She has an ability, unmatched in the whole world, to hurt me more than anyone or anything else. And it's because I have deliberately left my heart open to her. I love her. While I remain open to sharing my love for her and the possiblity for her love for me, I remain open as well for the hurt. I could protect myself from such hurt, by closing my heart. But I won't. I can't.

I have taken an enormous amount of shit from a lot of people who say why put up with that?, read the thread here for yourself. I can't explain it any better than that. I love her, and that make me vulnerable to her.

Now the .. what? less bad news. I think she's saying "I'm scared" because she is scared. But unreasonably so. The things she's told me she's scared about all hinge on how someday I'll blow up and hurt everybody. She's told me she's lain awake with 9-1- already dialed with her finger on the 1, cause she's afraid I'm going to try to kill her.

That just makes me want to cry.

Kill her? Somebody who's afraid like that, how can *I* put them at ease? I'm the very source of the fear? If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

I don't think it's because she is trying to be mean, despite the fact that the results of her actions hurt me far more than she knows, and hurts our son far more than she knows. I think she's acting, no, overreacting out of fear. But those fears are completely unfounded. I don't know how to tell her that. I wish I did.

Last edited by Deuce; 08-24-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #145
kgg
A Friend Indeed

Not you saying no contact whatsoever. I am talking about the others that have responded here hinting that that is the case. That doesn't seem to be the case here. No need to get defensive. I'm not out to get you. It sounds like she is allowing you contact with him albeit it is not 24 hrs/day.

You won't stand for one parent being mean to the other. I can understand that completely. So are you saying she is the only one being mean. Your posts can seem pretty mean spirited. It is one thing to be passionate about your feelings but both people can go too far with the end result possibly hurting the child. I can't imagine either one of you would do that intentionally. She is hurting you, you are probably hurting her too. It's just that she took action and that hurts worse. I don't know.

being married for...what did you say....16 years? I imagine both of you know exactly what buttons to push to maximize the hurt factor. You are hurt. Understandable. She must be hurting to so take that into consideration. If you both do that, hopefully the anger will go away. 16 years is a long time to not feel some compassion for each other. Try it. I messed up a long term relationship because I didn't try it and am now much wiser because of it.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #146
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
rkzenrage: Dude. "bait"?? wtf? I'm glad I don't live in a world where a call is bait. I can't. I can't function in a world where that level of paranoia is required to function.

YOu're right on one score, however. I do want to ensure that our son isn't deprived of the chance to be fathered, by me. To me that means, as a prerequisite, as a minimum, showing up. Being present. I want to be with him every day. I couldn't see him today and it kills me.

It is not good for a boy to not have a father.
Who said anything about a son not having a father? In fact I was the one trying to tell you how to make sure you don't slip-up in that area.
Be paranoid about everything else but the person who is trying to actually do what you are worried about... don't listen to me at all, this will be my last post.
I have been around this kind of stuff my whole life and know how these restraining orders work and know that people will create openings for others to walk through them on their own so they will have that on their side in court or deliberations later.
If she is playing this to win and you are just trying to get to talk to her and spend every second with your son every day that you can and she knows this, you are fucked. Have fun, because you are not in this for the long haul.
A divorce is not about feelings it is about assets and privileges and who "deserves" them and there are no rules as to how the perception of that is obtained and it seems to me that you are completely unaware as to what is happening here.
I gave you advice based on experience, those orders are nothing to play with, every word you say can be turned and used against you....
But you chose to try to make it seem like I was your enemy by trying to show you that.
Forget it man, forget you.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #147
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I think Smurf and I know from experience here. Professional and otherwise. Please, please listen Deuce.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #148
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
But you chose to try to make it seem like I was your enemy by trying to show you that.
Forget it man, forget you.
rk, I think you are being unfair there.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #149
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I'm sorry Deuce...your world turned into a paranoid thriller when your own wife said that you were a threat to her and your family. It's called reality...paranoid...yes...but also your new reality.

Either way- she shouldn't be talking to you. I don't know what you did. But she has got to stop- this can get you in deep doo-doo.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #150
kgg
A Friend Indeed

I get two impressions here. One is that they are talking and attempting, at times, to work things through. She has not called the cops yet and why would she because they can just say she allowed him to talk/see her. The other one is, Deuce is wantingto talk to her as well. So he in fact isn't too worried about the restraining order and must trust her somewhat in that she hasn't called him in. He knows her better than we.

So Deuce, I ask you, do you really think she will call? I think that perhaps she is afraid due to something we do not know about but that she must still care enough to want to work through some things together with you in a friendly manner. Am I wrong? And one last thing, we don't know that she keeps calling him. He hasn't said that she is the one doing all the calling. It sounds like he is calling her too. Fess up man.