The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-28-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
Tobiasly
hot

later peeps

You all have probably heard that the U.S. has begun to deploy many more troops to the middle east this past week. It looks like that's gonna have a rather direct impact on me.

So you'll prolly see a lot less of me for quite a while. It doesn't mean I love ya any less though.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:23 PM   #2
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Good Luck, Best Wishes, and Thank You

I did hear about the deployment of troops to the Middle East, and thought immediately about my brother who's been hinting around for a while that he may be one of the 'lucky' ones to go. (His emphasis, not mine.) I also thought about everyone else who may be affected.

If you're pulled to go, I wish you the best of luck, and thank you for the service that you're doing for the folks you're leaving behind.

Dagney
Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:54 PM   #3
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

You bastard...trying to get sympathy when you haven't even left yet...you make me sick!

If you do get called, good luck Tob...bring us back the head of Saddam for show and tell.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:23 AM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Thank you Tob! You da man! Stay safe and we will await hearing your stories when you get back.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:30 AM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Look out for yourself and your mates man. I'll be praying for all you folks.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:32 PM   #6
God
Not half the God I used to be

Thank you for your service Tob. I will be watching over the campaign and sending angels normally assigned to domestic work to Iraq. Best wishes.

God
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
Saddam Hussein
The CIA faked my death

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
If you do get called, good luck Tob...bring us back the head of Saddam for show and tell.

Silly infidel. I will not be killed, the US will remove me from power and I will become a CIA consultant. My head, will remain in my ass but I will then be on the US CIA payroll. I should fit right in, there are many members or your government with their heads up their asses.

Who knows, I might even run for Hillary's vacant seat after she wins the presidency in 04. How do you like me now?

Last edited by Saddam Hussein; 12-29-2002 at 12:44 PM.
Saddam Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:51 PM   #8
Al Gore smoking
stupid is as stupid does

( Al takes a huge hit from his favorite bong....holds his breath....exhales with a smile)

Good luck Tob. I don't agree with the war, unless I can take some kind of political credit of course. We all know this is all about oil and creating an American empire.

The unintended benefit will be having Saddam emerge as a leader in the Democratic party.

Did I ever tell you I invented the internet?
Old 12-29-2002, 01:01 PM   #9
God
Not half the God I used to be

Quote:
Originally posted by Saddam Hussein
Silly infidel. I will not be killed
How confident are you in your salvation Saddam? I wouldnt get too cocky, if I can get George into the White House, what makes you think I cant "make you wake up dead"?

I've been preparing my entry list for January. There is no "Saddam" on it. Glad you are accustomed to high temp environments
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 03:07 PM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Good Luck Tob

Keep your head down, and don't show the soles of your feet to anybody. Apparently this upsets folks over there ...

Since this is modern, warfare, you may have internet access. If not, I'm sure you'll find some clever way to rig it ...

Keep us updated if at all possible. Good luck, buddy.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:41 PM   #11
Tobiasly
hot

Thanks for all the well-wishes and guest appearences. I have no clue right now what we'll be assigned to do; I'll hopefully know much more this week. Right now my main concern is whether I'll get to go to my New Year's Eve party.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:54 PM   #12
juju
no one of consequence

Al Gore never claimed he invented the Internet. Jesus fucking Christ, look it up. Stop perpetuating lies.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 10:01 PM   #13
juju
no one of consequence

Hmm.. perhaps I was a bit rude. I'm sorry. :) It's just one of those things that bothers me.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:54 AM   #14
Al Gore smoking
stupid is as stupid does

( Al starts speaking as his eyes are crossed)

I dont know who you were thinking of but I did invent the internet. And the glow in the dark condom.

Anyway, thanks for trying to defend me Juju.

(fills the bong....takes a hit) I forgot I had this bong until after I dropped out of the race.

Did you vote more for me.....or Willy? I thought for sure he'd be removed from office, so I stuck it out. They never liked us nor we them. I sure do miss the attention though. The liberal news always makes us look good. Even when we couldnt. Thanks for you opinion Dan!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:19 AM   #15
perth
Strong Silent Type

al gore said:
Quote:
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.
im with you on this juju. im too fucking lazy to find out what he actually meant by that, but it certainly does not mean that he thinks he created it. taken in context, available here, its a bit clearer what he intended.

im no big fan of al gore (or politicians in general) but i do think it is unfair to twist his words like that. i was out for breakfast about a week ago and i heard these people in the table next to me who obviously knew nothing about computers or the internet making fun of how 'al gore created the internet' and it drove me nuts.

~james

edit: changed link to something a bit less biased
edit again: i guess the new link isnt really 'in context', but you get my meaning.

Last edited by perth; 12-30-2002 at 10:23 AM.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote