The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #241
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I liked BD, and was pleased she was joining us. She jumped right into a lot of the mindless association threads. Nothing wrong with some mindless posts. I don't think we treated her badly at all. The only attitude she got was when she wanted to go changing things here with the avatars.

She really seemed to know the Cellar though. Like how did she know to ask Undertoad to delete the pictures? He doesn't exactly advertise who he is.
I was the one to suggest avatars. She just joined in.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #242
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I thought she was fine ... then we hit the edge of the cliff and all hell broke loose.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #243
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Well the cellar seems to have phasers set to full snark. There seems to be very little tolerance for newbs who don't immediately mold themselves into the cellar culture.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #244
classicman

I think that some have been acting a certain way here for so long & the newbs don't "get" the (hopefully) intended humor.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #245
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

We DO love our memes.

She WAS doin a good job of fitting right in, but she is clearly accustomed to a more mainstream warm and fuzzy sort of welcome. I like her, but I didn't enjoy being put on the defensive for not being friendly in a collective sense. Perhaps she's dealing with some stresses in other areas of life, and was a bit oversensitive to our prickly side.

Boy, that does NOT sound like something I would say at ALL, does it?

Lemme try again...

Brilley,

Stop being a cock, and get back in here. Rub some dirt on your feelings, limber up, and put a helmet on. Be yourself. Freak out and leave on a weekly basis if you like, we're cool with that if it's funny when you do it. You could even make it part of your schtick, and then this would be no big deal.... One day we will all look back at this thread and laugh, laugh, laugh. LOL even.

Hi, future Jim. I hope you've lost some weight, ya fat barstard. Drop and give me 20!

Anyway.....I hope she's stll lurking and sees this.

Come back and play with us!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #246
classicman

^^whs^^
Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #247
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Well the cellar seems to have phasers set to full snark. There seems to be very little tolerance for newbs who don't immediately mold themselves into the cellar culture.
We should blame someone and use them as a scape goat!

What could possilby go wrong?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #248
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Everytime someone comes along and it doesn't work out, the Cellar is described as the snarkiest it's ever been.

News: the Cellar snark, though it might ebb and flow, is always there. Sometimes it's cleverly disguised, sometimes it's just out there.

Remember Jill? Yeah, I liked Jill. She was strong, opinionated, and smart. What was her 'schtick'? She liked to argue in the politics threads. What an uproar that caused. I think she did post a picture, too, and is very pretty...but she did so because you know, you gotta see how the new chick looks, right? She didn't sit back and bat her eyes and wait for praise, though. She liked politics. Well, the politics thread at that time was offending so many people, because it was so meeeeaaaannnn, and all admonitions to just not read it were ignored. Maybe Jill should have sent more visitor messages to the boys? (Another news flash, if a woman shows disdain for another woman it isn't always because she's jealous. Women have a pretty good handle on the behavior of women. It's cute that some of the guys are so pavlovian, but really, some of us need to enter the 21st century, STAT!)

So what's the difference? I don't understand, so I hope someone can explain it to me.

Is it that we stand up for those who portray themselves as meek and helpless, and who contribute in that fashion, but we don't stand up for those who seem strong and self-sufficient? News flash: strong and self-sufficient people have feelings too. And actual thoughts! And ideas! And they can be driven out by the 'cellar culture' too. Whether the poster prefers politics or music or inane dribble, we have a culture for that.

IMHO, Dis turned when the tone turned: when the drooling stopped and it moved on to the more serious matter of 'whatcha got' the attention wasn't being focused where Dis preferred.

I think she was quite warmly welcomed in her intro thread. Did that need to continue to guarantee her continued presence? Hi, have you met the Cellar?

(I'm not entirely convinced, still, the Dis isn't some 'former' dwellar, but that's really neither here nor there.)

Sure, Dis could come back. So could Jill. Their choice.

But Jebus stop blaming the people who don't fall over for every newb that comes along. I've said before, the finger pointing is another form of exclusion (snark, if you will) and none of us gets to dictate how all of us should act to every different personality type that comes along.

Last edited by infinite monkey; 10-19-2011 at 07:37 AM.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #249
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

agreed.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #250
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Well if people would just arrive when we're all in a good mood everything would be fine!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #251
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

So, every February 29th which falls on a Tuesday, we advertise for Noobs, right?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #252
Aliantha

Isn't that Brianna's birthday?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #253
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

But we are in a good mood.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #254
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I am! But it's early.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #255
Aliantha

Well you should be after eating that out of date meat. lol

According to some here, you were taking your life into your own hands...after taking advice from me.