Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #106
rkzenrage

FYI...
http://www.junkscience.com/
Old 04-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #107
Ibby
erika

well, okay, maybe not far-left, but I still think he spends his days waiting for more anti-right news to post here.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #108
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

It's not his fault that facts are anti-right.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #109
Ibby
erika

You are missing my point, I'm saying he spends all day looking for the stuff, an... Oh, never mind. Yeesh.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #110
Happy Monkey

No, I get your point. The man posts encyclopedias.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 04-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #111
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

tw is not anti-right, he's anti-MBA.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #112
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

Anti-MBA???
Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #113
Happy Monkey

The invention of the MBA is how people who know nothing about what a company makes can be hired as management in that company. Because they know "how to manage", ya know.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 04-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #114
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
You are missing my point, I'm saying he spends all day looking for the stuff,
I read a wide variety of information sources for a short period every day. But as noted (did you read this previous post?), since Katrina, stuff is now coming in waves. Patriots everywhere are leaking facts since it is obvious this president does not work for America.

Identified are, for example, three parties: Democrats, Republicans, and Communist. Party loyalists all have one thing in common. They all work first and foremost for the party; America and mankind be damned - secondary. Such party loyal politicians even lie by hiding behind flag pins and waving flags. Where is 'left or right' in that?

Current administration is a classic example of worst management. Ironic he is also an MBA. As Cheney says, “Reagan proved deficits don't matter.” Why do you think they spend money like drunken sailors? To advance America? Of course not. Like drunken sailors, they only have a personal agenda - everyone else be damned. America is leaching money everywhere. Did you read: a $2.4 billion no-bid contract without performance guarantees? Who do you think got that contract? There is no left or right. There are now reams of examples of anti-American management in government.

Only a fool would not see information coming in waves. Some science publications now have an article addressing the president's perversion of science in every issue. How could a decent American no see that obvious fact - and stay silent? Where did that criticism of Rumsfeld in Project for New American Century come from? Read long ago - and now relevant. Where were you when Billy Kristol, et al made those statements? When the subject arose, this example was just sitting their – glaring – waiting to be cited. Meanwhile, did you even know who one author is? Do you so hate America as to not read what Bill Kristol has been saying for a long time? One need not search everyday for what should be common knowledge. Do you know that Bill Kristol is a founding member of PNAC - as was Rumsfeld? The significance of what was written so long ago is damning – and now significant. You don’t like reality? Sorry. Reality that glaring was just begging to be cited here.

Have I posted enough facts to demonstrate this president incompetent – that his administration perverts science for a political agenda? It was called tenacity. Somehow, you have instead taken an emotional response to reams of leaks because of an incompetent president. Why do we not have enough facts? 30+% of Americans are actually in denial. Nothing about left or right. It is about Americans so driven by a party’s political agenda – Democrat, Republican, or Communist – as to not work for America. There are good Americans and then there are political loyalists - extremists - more interested in a political agenda.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #115
Ibby
erika

tw, I agree with all but the most extreme of your views, I was just saying it seems like you have no life, from all the (as Happy Monkey put it) encyclopedias you post. Nothing personal, dude, it's actually very interesting, you're like my own personal newsfeed almost, I was just commenting.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #116
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

Quote:
The invention of the MBA is how people who know nothing about what a company makes can be hired as management in that company. Because they know "how to manage", ya know.
As an engineer-in-training I hold no love for MBA students, trust me. I can't believe people don't understand why we're falling behind China and India(not to mention Japan) in the technology race when our country pays people with a basic MBA more that our phD researchers. OF COURSE we're not going to be able to attract as many bright young students into the sciences, all the money and prestige is in business.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #117
jinx
Come on, cat.

Reefer madness in the Economist.

Quote:
Another reason the FDA statement is odd is that it seems to lack common sense. Cannabis has been used as a medicinal plant for millennia. In fact, the American government actually supplied cannabis as a medicine for some time, before the scheme was shut down in the early 1990s. Today, cannabis is used all over the world, despite its illegality, to relieve pain and anxiety, to aid sleep, and to prevent seizures and muscle spasms. For example, two of its long-advocated benefits are that it suppresses vomiting and enhances appetite—qualities that AIDS patients and those on anti-cancer chemotherapy find useful. So useful, in fact, that the FDA has licensed a drug called Marinol, a synthetic version of one of the active ingredients of marijuana—delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Unfortunately, many users of Marinol complain that it gets them high (which isn't what they actually want) and is not nearly as effective, nor cheap, as the real weed itself.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #118
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Unfortunately, many users of Marinol complain that it gets them high (which isn't what they actually want) and is not nearly as effective, nor cheap, as the real weed itself.
If a Marinol high isn't what they want, then real weed isn't for them either.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #119
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
If a Marinol high isn't what they want, then real weed isn't for them either.
That is not accurate at all, a very high percentage of people cannot take Marinol... it makes them very nauseous, oddly enough. I am one of them. I have read that the percentage is as high as 40%.
However, they can take marijuana just fine and have great effects.
Put a little bud on a cracker with some cheese, microwave it for a bit, it helps to activate the THC somehow, and eat it... the effects last much longer and you don't get the negative effects of the smoke.
You just have to keep the cracker down... otherwise you need to try to get an atomizer or large water-pipe to have less impurities and tar if you just can't keep the cracker down.
Another thing most don't know is that if you are in chronic pain you do not normally get "high". Your body is producing cannoids naturally and just uses the extra in the fight against muscle spasms and nerve damage. There are a lot of cannoids in mother's milk to help with the rapid growth of infants, such growth is painful.
BTW, I made plans for just such a large water pipe that takes three trays of ice cubes and a gallon of water. It cuts the amount of product you need to help with your pain in half if you are smoking. I made in in college for a friend who had asthma who was killing himself with smoking the stuff. As an added bonus it saved him a great deal of money in saved marijuana because he needed much less with the pipe. PM me and I will e-mail you the specs.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #120
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Unfortunately, many users of Marinol complain that it gets them high (which isn't what they actually want) and is not nearly as effective, nor cheap, as the real weed itself.
So if a drug company can synthesize it and make a profit off of it, it can be legal. But if anyone could grow it in their garden and use it, then it should be illegal. I still don't understand why libertarians never made more noise about the drug war.

Heck, why stop at marijuana? Why not ban willow bark (aspirin)?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote