The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-31-2020, 06:11 PM   #91
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

People are saying that empty suit and his ilk should be disemboweled.

I say that's empty talk by people who don't have the guts to engage other people with other ideas, which is why they want his, or yours. Cowards.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #92
Flint
Snowflake

Update from a rural area with moderate politics:

Heavily armed right-wing militias have been coming to peaceful protests and screaming in people's faces, issuing threats against specific community members on social media (worded to circumvent the FB standards), organizing meetings to discuss "taking back" the county "by force" and offering rewards for "the ashes of pride flags" and issuing "hunting licenses" for individuals who question their behavior or operate openly LGBT-friendly businesses.

If your yard sign being stolen is the worst thing happening in your area, stay where you are.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:40 AM   #93
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Stay home and enjoy the bandwidth. Where we're going, there is no "area".

Starlink satellites #649-708 are going into space tomorrow. They are planning to launch limited US service when they have 800 up. So that's probably two launches from now.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:30 AM   #94
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Update from a rural area with moderate politics:

Heavily armed right-wing militias have been coming to peaceful protests and screaming in people's faces, issuing threats against specific community members on social media (worded to circumvent the FB standards), organizing meetings to discuss "taking back" the county "by force" and offering rewards for "the ashes of pride flags" and issuing "hunting licenses" for individuals who question their behavior or operate openly LGBT-friendly businesses.

If your yard sign being stolen is the worst thing happening in your area, stay where you are.
True words, outside of the ongoing target shooting and blasting at the quarries Griff Crackertopia is quiet. Little diversity here this area has already been taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Stay home and enjoy the bandwidth. Where we're going, there is no "area".

Starlink satellites #649-708 are going into space tomorrow. They are planning to launch limited US service when they have 800 up. So that's probably two launches from now.

Yeah, I prefer to hope we get our shit together. The end of American Civilization in HD? Sign me up!
Old 09-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #95
Flint
Snowflake

Latest update:

The right-wingers have a list of addresses they believe are "associated with" the recent shooting in Portland. They are going to people's houses to harass and intimidate them. They are gathering in large, heavily-armed numbers in front of businesses that have spoken out against them.

Local police/government are setting up one-on-one meetings with concerned citizens, presumably to explain why they can't do anything but sit back and watch.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 09-03-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:39 AM   #96
Griff
still says videotape

A few more Biden signs are sprouting around here. I took signs to the lady whose Biden banner was stolen off her porch. She was very grateful to get them what with the Trump billboard looming over her house. It may have been the talking though.

This election is a strain on everyone especially sane Republicans and independents who live in deep red.

https://apnews.com/article/election-...47a3a0e932e2a8
Old 10-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #97
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

FWIW Franconia was 90/10 Biden signs
Old 10-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #98
Griff
still says videotape

That's not what I expected.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #99
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

J says "More than 90-10, I only saw 3 Trump signs the whole time."
Old 10-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #100
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Pete had her third Biden sign stolen last night. Fresh sign in the ground this morning.
If you have some poison oak or ivy on your property? Just curious.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:54 PM   #101
Griff
still says videotape

We don’t but you can get grease and glitter in red and blue. Thing is escalating it wouldn’t be a win. Pete just brings the grabable sign in at night. We went to a rally of like minded folks today (distance masks outdoors) it was a relief just to know there are others out here even if we have to drive across the county to prove it. We met the House candidate seems like a nice dude.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:08 PM   #102
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Someone put out a Biden sign in our neighborhood (there are quite a few of them). Someone left the sign but placed a handwritten note stating that political signs are illegal according to our homeowners association and at the end added quote go Trump.

FYI, my wife was on the board when this was discussed years ago and political signs are allowed within size limits.

The complaintant adding the go Trump statement did turn what could have been a genuine concern into a partisan tactic.

Also, leaving a handwritten note instead of actually complaining to the board was an act of cowardice and intimidation.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:01 PM   #103
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Perhaps the complainant didn't report it to the board because the complainant knew the political sign wasn't illegal according to the homeowners association and was just bluffing figuring anyone who would promote Biden was gullible enough to fall for it.

This perspective is supported by the complainant having added the Go Trump note which could have also constituted an illegal political sign there; unless, the complainant already knew what complainant wrote wasn't true.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote