The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #121
jinx
Come on, cat.

Great job Red!
I take M and F off. I find that if I go more than 3 days in a row I tend to take it too easy, because I was there yesterday/going back tomorrow etc.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #122
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Yeah, last time he got all in shape and sexxy, I ended up knocked up...

:::makes wish for history to repeat itself:::
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #123
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I read that (twice) as knocked out and just couldn't make any sense of it

Well I got my new routine yesterday:
30 minutes CV (up from 25) and can use the programmed routines on the treadmill
Heart rate 135-145 on the above

3 Minutes on the Power Plate
30 seconds on 3 types of squat, 1 lunge each leg and calves
This is now to run continually rather than stopping the machine to change position

On the floor:
8 lunges x 2 reps
10 x 4 sitting on a ball, lifting a 3kg medicine ball behind my head and back up
10 x 4 sitting on a ball holding 2 x 1kg weights and lifting them to shoulder level then in the air
10 x 4 "russian twists" lying on my back with my legs up, twisting them from side to side
10 x 4 crunches with a medicine ball, think it's 2kg (all written down for me at the gym)

And the piece de resistance
8 x 2 pull ups on the pull up machine, set at 75kg
This looks like a horrific instrument of torture and is very high (for someone who breathes heavily when she has to go up into the loft) but I did 4 to get the hang of it and it seems pretty much okay dokey.

Felt at my worst yesterday, so I slept all day after the assessment.
Got up about 20.00 for a wee, played Animal Crossing for a while then went back to sleep.

Am hoping Water Workout and new gym routine will make me feel more positive today. Sorry for whining in the workout thread the other day, it's all connected in my head.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #124
LJ
i am myself

heading to the gym now! then i have to go to yucky work.
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #125
lookout123
changed his status to single

SG - after losing a significant amount of weight the body adjusts to the workout and routine you've built and it will plateau. the body tries to hold onto the extra weight so you have to do what you did to lose the initial weight - stun your body. you have to hit it with a new workout routine that will prevent you from going through the motions basically relying on muscle memory. The good news is that you don't necessarily have to exercise any harder, just differently. a new exercise routine should really trigger new weight loss/muscle growth.
also, don't forget that at some point it will seem like you aren't losing weight/size because your muscles are really getting bigger and stronger and they weigh more than fat.

i really, really, reallyreallyreally recommend The Abs Diet books from Men's Health magazine. It isn't really a diet so much as a book or ideas and recipes. YUMMY recipes in fact.

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103...s=the+abs+diet
Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #126
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Lookout, my trainer has changed all my floor exercises, and I rotate round 5 difference CV machines so I'm confident I'm doing it right. I'm just being impatient, the 21st century disease of "Ok I did some work, now what? Where is my prize?"

I know at some point my the fat I'm losing will be replaced by muscle weight, but believe me at the moment I have so much visible fat to shift I could be Mr Universe under there and not know it! Actually, no - Lewis has reassured me I am only toning not building.

I just wanna see it now (whine whine whine)
Yoga and another stab at the new routine tomorrow. I feel supercool on the pull-up machine I admit!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #127
jamamaspoke
jamamaspoke

Body Pump tonight after work, anyone working out tomorrow? or maybe I should rephrase that, anyone going to the gym tomorrow?
jamamaspoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #128
jamamaspoke
jamamaspoke

S G I was getting discouraged to. I was doing the eliptical, weights on the floor and abs. As well as Body Pump class. I plateaued and just couldn't get any results. I was up to 6 miles on the eliptical with about 500 cal burn - still nothing. I finally switched from the eliptical and started spin class. Wholly crap what a difference! I is just a case of mixing it up, keep your body guessing and working.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #129
jinx
Come on, cat.

Realllllllly didnt want to work out today - but I missed Sunday, and can't go tomorrow or Fri, so I dragged myself to the gym. Did the same workout as yesterday (detailed below) except I skipped the swimming today and took an extra long steam/shower instead. Im pretty sure that counts....

Treadmill
60min - 13-15elev, 2.7 - 3.3mph

Lat 4/10 50lb
Shoulder 4/10lbs
Press 4/10 20lbs
Ab 5/10 35lbs
Rot 2/12 25lb each way
Abductor 4/10 60lbs
Squat 1/10 80lbs

Kickboard laps - 30mins
Old 11-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #130
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Promised myself I wouldn't post here til I had something specific to say, but no one is posting tonight and I am so lonely (ref to the book The Haunting)

I feel so cool on the pull up machine. I know I'm only setting it on 75kg, but it's the tallest machine in the gym and the really buff people do proper pull ups on it. I just look at them in awe.

Lost some more lbs, yay. 15 stone now - stones being a benchmark weight in the UK. It's 210 in lbs, so it will be another celebration in 10lbs time, how nice to be bilingual! Aim (achievable) is to be 14.5 by Christmas. 203.

(I have deleted some of what I originally typed).
I am proud of myself, I am succeeding, I am enjoying the gym, I am achieving lots.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #131
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I am proud of myself, I am succeeding, I am enjoying the gym, I am achieving lots.
For what it's worth, I'm proud of you, too. Your struggles and progress have served as inspiration for me to re-up my commitment to my own health and make another round of improvements. I've kind of stagnated since the first of the year. It's time to get back in high gear.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #132
jamamaspoke
jamamaspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
You should be proud of yourself! It is much harder to motivate and get to the gym than sit on the couch. Keep it up pretty soon you'll get to the point where you are counting the hours until your next workout

I got all set this morning went out to the car and just happened to look at my front tire and it was flat f-ing thing. 3rd one in 3 months.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #133
LJ
i am myself

would you like to purchase some tire & wheel insurance? it's very nice.
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #134
jamamaspoke
jamamaspoke

Depends if you blow dry your hair or not
Old 11-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #135
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Went Weds, Thurs, Sat and Sun - this is more because of the CV than the exercises. Am trying to get 30 mins a day.

I misrepresented my exercise routine - damn those numbers!
I'm getting used to it now but I still have to use the card as there are different reps etc for each set:

Quote:
On the floor:
8 lunges x 2 reps - correction x3 reps
10 x 4 sitting on a ball, lifting a 3kg medicine ball behind my head and back up - correction 12 x 3
10 x 4 sitting on a ball holding 2 x 1kg weights and lifting them to shoulder level then in the air - correction 12 x 3 and it's 2 x 2kg weights
10 x 4 "russian twists" lying on my back with my legs up, twisting them from side to side
10 x 4 crunches with a medicine ball, think it's 2kg (all written down for me at the gym) - correction 1kg ball
8 x 2 pull ups on the pull up machine, set at 75kg - correction 8 x 3
I come back from the gym elated, but oddly I feel so virtuous going there that I believe I am slim and fit, and coming home I after looking in the mirrors and being (by far) the biggest person there, and the worst dressed/ sweatiest/ most unkempt I feel much fatter. Well, it helps me walk past the take-away shops I guess.