Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #5461
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Really? ? That is a big hassle. Is there an alternative thing to do?
She's going to send each kid a check. Now I'm going to hear about how long it takes these kids to deposit a damn check. It's always something.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #5462
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Give 'em gold.
I remember getting gold when I was young. Got no idea where they all damn go. So, no, gold may not be a good idea. Someone else, i.e. parents, may get a hold of them and you, the kid, wouldn't know better.

I had assumed savings bond or CDs increase in value, so they might be a good thing to give to a kid. He/She would get something of value when they reach 18 or so. Anyways, it's something for me to look into. My friend's husband works for a bank and deals with such stuff, but she wouldn't let me talk to him directly. I have to ask everything through her, and she's not very quick coming back with answers. Gosh, insecure women can rather be annoying sometimes.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #5463
BardoXV
B.O.F.

It's the mating season for Robins, and there is a stupid male Robin fighting with his reflection in one of my windows. He keeps flying up and pecking at it. First I taped pictured of hawks to the inside of the window, then on the recommendation of someone from the Pa. game commission I ran a cord with some strings hanging from it, that slowed him down a little. Finally put the screens over the windows, and now he has moved to the next window over. Any ideas, other than shooting him, Robins are a protected species, I think, and there is probably a fine.
BardoXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:31 AM   #5464
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dress up and a female robin and lure him away.
Well, it worked for Bugs Bunny...
Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #5465
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardoXV View Post
It's the mating season for Robins, and there is a stupid male Robin fighting with his reflection in one of my windows. He keeps flying up and pecking at it. First I taped pictured of hawks to the inside of the window, then on the recommendation of someone from the Pa. game commission I ran a cord with some strings hanging from it, that slowed him down a little. Finally put the screens over the windows, and now he has moved to the next window over. Any ideas, other than shooting him, Robins are a protected species, I think, and there is probably a fine.
No jury of cats would convict you.

I had a similar problem with some type of bird that didn't like his reflection, he would fly at the window and shit at it and or spit mud at it. After a while, he must have obliterated his reflection because he stopped. Or one of the cats got him.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #5466
BardoXV
B.O.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post

I had a similar problem with some type of bird that didn't like his reflection, he would fly at the window and shit at it and or spit mud at it. After a while, he must have obliterated his reflection because he stopped. Or one of the cats got him.

And several years ago I had a similar problem with WoodPeckers, and they can do a lot more damage than a Robin. This particular bird would perch on the door of a car and attack the rear view mirror. I replaced about 6 mirrors on several cars till we started putting plastic bags over the mirror when they were parked here. The last car that is happened to, was right before the State Inspection, and the owner of the garage looked at the mirror, the replacement, and decided the cracks weren't so bad that it needed replaced. I really don't think he wanted to get involved in the amount of work needed. The car passed inspection several times like that.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #5467
glatt

We have some bird this time of year that drills on our metal chimney cap, presumably to attract a mate. Super annoying, as it reverberates through the whole house. Sounds like a little machine gun. But fortunately it's only for several minutes at a time. And then it moves on to some other place.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #5468
BardoXV
B.O.F.

Quote:

Well so far nothing has worked, I didn't know Robins were so persistent. If I succeed in dissuading him from attacking one window, he just moves to another window, and I have a lot of windows in my living room.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #5469
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Robins and Flickers.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #5470
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

So, you're at the grocery store. You're looking for something fairly obscure, let's say garbanzo beans. Someone seems to be getting ready to go around you. But they don't, they push their cart up right next to you. Seems your interest in garbanzo beans has sparked some sort of garbanzo bean frenzy. Suddenly, everyone and their dog has an interest in garbanzo beans. The entire aisle is packed with people checking out the two kinds of garbanzo beans.

Do you look like a really sharp shopper? Do they look at you and say "wow, I don't know what she's buying but I have to have it too!"? Or is it the "No one can have something I don't have" mentality?

I mean, what is up with that?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #5471
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The store was probably out of chick peas so people had to improvise.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #5472
glatt

Haggis
Old 05-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #5473
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
The store was probably out of chick peas so people had to improvise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Haggis
How did I miss this?

Anyway, today I am irritated because I feel like a crapazoid. My head hurts, my throat hurts, my hip hurts, my wrists and elbows hurt, I'm tired, but I have excessive drool syndrome (not a real syndrome. Yet.) and can't sleep because I'm afraid I'll drown. I'm always a drooler but this is ridic! I am pukey and poo-ey. Oh, and my knees and feet hurt. And I'm freezing until I put a small blanket on then I'm sweating my face off.

May have a touch of flu. I thought it might be the high pollen count, which never bothered me until this year (and there's tons of ragweed and stuffs by the river) so I don't know if it could make me feel this all around crappy.

That's all.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #5474
glatt

Never heard of pollen causing puking.

I'm sorry about your finger, Shawnee. And everything else.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #5475
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ragweed pollen will not do that. Not to a normal person, anywho.

I know, it is my nemesis.<--From a three-season allergy sufferer.

Sounds like you have a touch of flu, or maybe a bug, or somesuch.

Hope it, ahem, passes quickly.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar