The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #8926
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

I'm sick. :-( Some kind of stomach bug, though it seems of the 24 hour variety. I had saltines and water for breakfast; for lunch I had the same thing as my 6 month old -- infant oatmeal and applesauce. Hope I feel up to real food this evening.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #8927
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Fuck Cancer.

Rest in peace brother. I shall never forget you and am proud and honored to of known you. You will always be my copilot no matter what.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #8928
glatt

I'm sorry, philthy. Fuck cancer.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #8929
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry man. That really sucks.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #8930
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm sorry to hear, Fred. May he be in a better place.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #8931
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Fuck Cancer in the EYE !!!!!
Sorry for the Loss Bro !!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #8932
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

thanks y'all
Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #8933
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Sorry for your loss, phlthy.

Sent by thought transference
Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #8934
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Sorry, plthijinx. Fuck cancer.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #8935
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Sorry for your loss, Philthy.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #8936
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'll add my sympathies to the bunch. It's so, so hard to have someone leave like that.

it's horrid.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #8937
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry man, fuck cancer.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #8938
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sorry pilot.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #8939
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Had a pretty bad scare yesterday.. not sure we are in the clear yet, but things are better this morning.

Yesterday around 11am we noticed Aesa was not moving right. She was "lazy"and kept laying down. By 11:30 we realized her back end was not working! This was not just a case of a leg going to sleep, or just too tired to really move much. She couldn't move. She could not stand up on her own. We got her up on the couch and she tried to lift her head, she wobbled a lot and could not even keep her head up long. All signs pointed to bad... very bad. Heart issues? ( we both remembered our Freya 10 months ago) Stroke? could paralize the back end. Something else neurological?
I called 4 vets, and not one was available. One we could go to, but the vet was on a farm call, and could be hours longer.... Our son remembered a freind of his mom used to be a vet assistant. So he called her. She came right over and checked Aesa out. The symptoms were scary, but not "exactly scary enough to be... stroke, heart, seisures etc" Aesa was alert, eyes were clear and focused, she just could't walk. When she did try she slowly fell down, and then started to shake. We were assured it was just "shock shakes" and that she was ok. The Lady suggested we take her to the vet, as her concern was a temperature change from front end to back end. She was concerned about a blood clot or something like that. So off we go.. We get to the same vet clinic we were at with Freya, in the same room. My hubby looks visably shaken and I am getting stressed out even more. I have been fighting a fever for 4 days and this is not helping. I soon realize Aesa is not comfy in here either, and ask to be changed rooms. They moved us over, and everyone relaxed visably.

We waited over an hour for the vet to get back. She takes a look at Aesa, goes through a quick exam. Says she must have eaten something not good for her, and that she looks like she is recovering just fine and we should take her home. Thats it we ask, and she says yes, heart, eyes, blood pressure, colour, muscle tone, coat, teeth... all perfect. We see this all the time she says. She might have eaten a house plant, some bad food, or pot. A dog on pot will have the same symptoms. Really, thats all you got? There is a 95% chance she did NOT get any pot. BUT we did have company over that smoke, and they did put the roaches in the ashtray. Did they leave enough in there to cause this? No clue, I was in bed, and my hubby said he really was not paying attention. Aesa did eat part of 2 house plants yesterday morning as well... she is part goat I swear. I'm 99% sure my china doll plant is non-toxic, as my cats used to eat the whole plant years ago... it was their favorite. The other one... I don't even know what its called, so I have no clue. I think its part of the violet family. Waxy bunches leaves, with small yellow flowers.

Anyway, the vet sent us home without so much as a blood test. $200 later since it was the weekend. Aesa wobbled a bit, planted her self on Dad, and had a long nap. She then got up, jumped of the couch and ran around the living room 3 times and barked at dad, once each trip around. This is her "I have to go pee" dance. So out to pee she went. She came back in, had her dinner and a drink, and then once again planted herself on Dad and went back to sleep.

This morning she woke me by standing on me and licking my face. We went outside, she came in and flicked her ears and tilted her head ( her"well where's breakfast" look) They had breafast, and she is now napping again. No shakes, no wobbles.... nothing. Good as new.

So now... did I blow 1/3 of my morgage payment on a dog that either ate a plant, or another "plant" or is there more to this, and this was just the first of....??? Her heart is fine, 2 vets agree. She does not have a murrmur or cardiomyopathy. There blood pressure and colouring was fine, both agreed on that too. Temp was fine. Both agreed it was not a stroke, as her eyes were focused and ok. I can't lose another dog so close together. 2 in a year... no thanks. But she seems fine now. Terrified, over sensitive due to illness and the brutal reminder of Freya's passing, maybe we are just over reacting.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Any ideas on what else it could be? Should I be worried?
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #8940
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

What a scare! But if two vets and a vet assistant all agree she's fine, she's probably fine.

Tags
swiss