The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

How Clean is Your House?

I've become addicted to this show. Kim and Aggie are goofy as hell, but what fascinates me is the houses they visit.

Good god, how do people live that way? Clutter is one thing, but harboring dangerous biomasses throughout the house is something else entirely. And I don't need smell-o-vision to appreciate the stink that must permeate some of these places.

HAGGIS!

I wonder, do these people turn themselves in, or do Kim and Aggie have a bunch of spies reporting the filth offenders?
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

to answer your question, my house isn't that clean. I'm mildly ashamed of this but not enought to actually DO something about it. I usually eat my toast and muse about how I should mop the floor but it just never gets done.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mind over matter... If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Well, my place isn't exactly pristine either, but come on. Some of the houses look like someone turned over a commercial dumpster in them, then let it all putrefy and fester for a year, after a bunch of gremlins were turned loose to piss in the corners and deposit nasty little poops all over the place.

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
jinx
Come on, cat.

Mine's not bad, but it's not perfect (like my mother's house) either. I could have it sparkling within a full day of cleaning. Not including windows, because fuck that.

I make the kids spend 1/2 hour a day straightening up, getting rid of clutter, vacuuming etc, every day. It helps a lot.

Now if we would just get off our asses and paint...
Old 01-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Juniper
I know, right?

My house isn't worthy of a reality show about its mess, but I think I could work all day and all night and still it would be a pig sty. It seems to mess itself up when nobody's looking. At least I think that's the case; certainly nobody ever claims responsibility for it.

I did just clean my office yesterday though. I can now see the top of my desk, and the floor. And I might even be able to open the file cabinet!
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
monster
I hear them call the tide

OMG that makes me feel so much better. my house is a mess/clutter disaster, but it ain't filthy like those....