The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 10-20-2003, 12:13 AM   #181
Billy
Professor

President Hu Jintao delivers a speech at the CEO Summit of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Bangkok, Thailand October 19, 2003. Hu said China's economy remains in good shape and this year's target of a 7 per cent economic growth "is well within reach."
Attached Images

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:17 AM   #182
Billy
Professor

Fifth National City Games

Art performances are staged at the opening ceremony for the Fifth National City Games at the Helong Sports Center in Changsha, Central China's Hunan Province October 18, 2003. The event, scheduled to close on October 27, is aimed at selecting outstanding athlets for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, thus none of the athlets are more than 20 years old.

More Pix
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2003, 12:36 AM   #183
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
The car kissed me.

In fact, the Car Price is higher in China than other countries because of the triffe.
Billy, I have to say it again, your comments make me laugh . I don't think you realize it, but your words in English are funny, in a good way. I am not making fun of you, it's just that I couldn't come up with some of the stuff you say if I tried.

The car kissed me. I think that might qualify as a Cellar Greatest Hits post.

I think you mean tariff.

Keep up the good work Billy .

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:21 AM   #184
Billy
Professor

It should be the word

I surfed Internet in cyber cafe so I hurry to spell the words. Sometimes I make mistakes. Hope you help me to correct me.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:25 AM   #185
breakingnews
Q_Q

I went car shopping with my dad in Taiwan last year ... a Lexus LS430 costs around $78,000 (US). That's like twice what it is in the U.S.

I asked the dealer and he said it's all the taxes and tariffs (triffes? heh). The retail value of the vehicle is also kicked up like 15% right off the bat - damn japanese.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:44 PM   #186
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Billy,
I'm curious, why do you have to go to a cybercafe to get on the Internet? Don't you have a computer at home or at your school?
LUVBUGZ

Old 10-22-2003, 12:02 AM   #187
Billy
Professor

No computer

I have no one computer to use. I have no right to access Internet in company computer. I graduated from my university last year. I have surfed Internet in cybercafe since 1999.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:01 AM   #188
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Re: No computer

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
I have no one computer to use. I have no right to access Internet in company computer. I graduated from my university last year. I have surfed Internet in cybercafe since 1999.
That must be kind of frustrating for you. I can spend several hours on the Internet during one session. How long can you stay online at the cybercafe? Do you have to pay for that time?

Old 10-22-2003, 05:23 AM   #189
Billy
Professor

Of course, I must pay for it. I often spend half hour in net cafe. In weekend I spend at most 2 hours in it. I can not waste too much time on it because I need prepare for the GRE/GMAT test.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:27 AM   #190
Billy
Professor

www.x3dchina.com launched

Zhao Qizheng (center), Minister in charge of the State Council's Information Office, and Kenneth Podziba, personal representative of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg attend the launching ceremony of www.x3dchina.com in New York on October 21, 2003. The website, aiming to enable North American readers to have a better eyeview of China's ancient culture through the latest high technology on the Internet, is a joint venture between China Daily Information Corp and X3D Technologies Corp of the US.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2003, 05:31 AM   #191
Billy
Professor

Sino-Pakistiani joint navy exercise

Pakistani navy destroyer Babur awaits to take part in a joint search-and-rescue exercise with the Chinese Navy in the East China Sea. The drill is scheduled to begin October 22, 2003. This is the first time China's navy will conduct a joint non-traditional security exercise with foreign navies. More
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2003, 05:32 AM   #192
Billy
Professor

Earth resources satellite launched

A Long March IV B carrier rocket blasts off into the sky at the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in North China's Shanxi Province October 21, 2003, carrying an earth resources satellite jointly developed with Brazil and a China-made Chuangxin I (Innovation I) into orbits.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2003, 05:36 AM   #193
Billy
Professor

11 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum

Chinese President Hu Jintao (L) shakes hands with US President George W. Bush (R) after the reading of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) joint declaration in Bangkok October 21, 2003. The 21-member summit concluded two days of talks with a luncheon where officials had a freewheeling discussion about economic problems and security issues.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2003, 05:37 AM   #194
Billy
Professor

Leaders attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) pose for a group photo before the second day of meeting at the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall in Bangkok October 21, 2003.The leaders are (Front row from left) Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Van Khai, South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Thailand Prime Minister and host Thaksin Shinawatra, Indonesian President Megawati Sukarnoputri, New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark, Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah, Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Michael Somare, (Back row from left) Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Hu Jintao, Australian Prime Minister John Howard, U.S. President George W. Bush, Mexican President Vicente Fox, Singapore Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong, Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, Taiwan delegate Lee Yuan-Tseh, Chilean President Ricardo Lagos and Hong Kong Chief Executive Tung Chee Hwa.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2003, 05:39 AM   #195
Billy
Professor

Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders pose during a group photo session at Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall in Bangkok October 21, 2003. The APEC leaders are (L-R) Russian President Vladimir Putin, Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Van Khai, Chinese President Hu Jintao, South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun and Australian Prime Minister John Howard.
Attached Images