The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Arafelis
Recruit or Something

A Modest Proposal

Hello! I have a proposal to make to the bored.

I've recently joined up with web board over at principiadiscordia.com. Now even though I've never posted here before (wink wink, nudge nudge), there seems to be some accident of circumstance that has led at least two of the members of said board to conclude that I am the vanguard of an invasion force from -- you guessed it -- The Cellar!

Not being one to disappoint, I thought it might be entertaining if you and I manufactured such an invasion. After all, what could be better than creating a conspiracy for the "benefit" of the Discordian?

I'm not looking to encourage anyone to troll their board, per se. Just, you know, create an account (or reactivate an old one), make a couple posts, leave when you're bored of it. I post under the same name there as here, so if you'd like to elaborate on the conspiracy elements, feel free to make cryptic comments to any of my posts and I'll play along. Or don't, it's up to you.

This can all be in good fun. See you when I see you! (I'll check replies to this post, but I'm primarily following the PD boards.)
Arafelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafelis View Post
Hello! I have a proposal to make to the bored.

I've recently joined up with web board over at principiadiscordia.com. Now even though I've never posted here before (wink wink, nudge nudge), there seems to be some accident of circumstance that has led at least two of the members of said board to conclude that I am the vanguard of an invasion force from -- you guessed it -- The Cellar!

Not being one to disappoint, I thought it might be entertaining if you and I manufactured such an invasion. After all, what could be better than creating a conspiracy for the "benefit" of the Discordian?

I'm not looking to encourage anyone to troll their board, per se. Just, you know, create an account (or reactivate an old one), make a couple posts, leave when you're bored of it. I post under the same name there as here, so if you'd like to elaborate on the conspiracy elements, feel free to make cryptic comments to any of my posts and I'll play along. Or don't, it's up to you.

This can all be in good fun. See you when I see you! (I'll check replies to this post, but I'm primarily following the PD boards.)
Yea, fuck off. It is all in good fun.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafelis View Post
After all, what could be better than creating a conspiracy for the "benefit" of the Discordian?.
bacon
beer
chocolate
sex
no sex
no chocolate
no beer
no bacon
getting your genitals singed at a flame-throwers convention
treading in a very dead chipmunk
eating your own poop
eating someone else's poop
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

only one post and.......
Name:  normal_You-Are-Full_of_Shit_(Toilet).jpg
Views: 414
Size:  31.4 KB
Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

lol...good grief!

If you really are a new poster, then you don't know the history. I suggest you have a read through some of the threads on here, specifically this one. The last 15 pages or so should do it.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Arafelis
Recruit or Something

The last fifteen or so pages of that thread appear to be about who is or isn't an instigator, how people feel about each other, and TheMercenary telling people to shut up.

Is there something maybe I should try a forum search for, instead? I tried a "principiadiscordia" one before I registered, but the topics that resulted seemed to have very little to do with any kind of inter-site history. Similarly, there's obviously a great deal of disdain on PrincipiaDiscordia for these forums, but very little actual substance as to why that's the case.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I wish I had a C-clamp big enough to put around my head, so I could just turn it and turn it and turn it till I pass out our explode, whatever comes first.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hon, they safaried here, they didn't take well to the return visit. Nuff said. It's all done and dusted several times over. Plus they left us a few lunatics who thought they could find a more receptive audience for the BS here (and a couple who wanted to educate us in the error of our forum ways). Now they're paranoid we want "revenge". Now piss off. no offence.

(That forum gets abbreviated as PD sometimes, also use safari as a search term if you really are as clueless as you make out)
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
Aliantha

Or you could just look up the user Tiki and check out a few of her posts. They might be enlightening.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
Aliantha

Also, you must be a fast reader.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
(That forum gets abbreviated as PD sometimes, also use safari as a search term if you really are as clueless as you make out)
Unintentional troll is still a troll.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Or you could just go back over there and never come back. PD is a lot like VD around here, something we want nothing to do with. No thanks.
Oh and Fuck Cancer!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
Aliantha

and have a blessed day!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
Arafelis
Recruit or Something

I'm quite a fast reader!

I'm not sure I understand. They didn't take well to a return visit; so what? It's not like any of you care what they have to say. And they appear to be deeply paranoid about "your" (collective. They can't seem to distinguish between individuals well) return.

The entertainment potential seems to be obvious.