Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 07-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
glatt

Focus on kicking ass in my new job.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You salvaged a fantastic trip from the ashes of the Philmont tragedy. Kudos to you and your direction challenged buddy.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Most excellent! This will be a lifetime memory for the lads.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
glatt

There was a lot of driving. Almost 2,500 miles. The last night before we returned the rental vans the following morning, I was driving the crew back to the hotel from an amusement park in Denver, and noticed a green light next to the radio was lit up. It said EcoBoost, or something like that. Suddenly everything made sense.

For the entire trip, I had been following the other dad who had an identical minivan as me, and he kept needing to stop for gas when I still had a quarter tank left. He also liked to pass slow moving horse trailers and such on the long straight roads out west. The speed limit would be 80, and the trailer would be going 75, and when I would try to do the same maneuver, my van just didn't have any oompf. I had a few white knuckle passing incidents where I was going 90 and the car coming the other direction was going 85 or so, and that half mile of open road between us was shrinking very fast as I tried to get past the trailer. It was all the EcoBoost button. I was amazed at how much gas it saved me, but those passing maneuvers were not fun.

Wish I had noticed that button sooner. What was it doing under the radio way out of the way?
Old 07-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It's amazing how fast that gap closes at a combined speed of 175 miles per hour (281.6 Kph).
I remember a guy at a gas station in Utah telling me to watch out for black cows on the road at night.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, you ain't lived until you've left 100 feet of skidmark in front of a black bear in the road at night.

Or a moose.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Glatt, thanks for posting the pics and the recount of the trip. Your post brings back memories of hunting trips as a kid w/Popdigr 'out west'.

Hunting/hiking, bow in hand, hotel on yer back, nothing but a paper map to tell where you are, no where to be for weeks. Get tired, you're in luck, you stopped right in the middle of a great camping spot, right where your feet are.

Looking down onto mountaintops.

New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho...Man those are some great memories. I haven't thought about some of that stuff in years.

Thanks again.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #8
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Glatt, thanks for posting the pics and the recount of the trip. Your post brings back memories of hunting trips as a kid w/Popdigr 'out west'.

Hunting/hiking, bow in hand, hotel on yer back, nothing but a paper map to tell where you are, no where to be for weeks. Get tired, you're in luck, you stopped right in the middle of a great camping spot, right where your feet are.

Looking down onto mountaintops.

New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho...Man those are some great memories. I haven't thought about some of that stuff in years.

Thanks again.

Those are some awesome memories! The West is pretty cool. I wouldn't want to live there with everything so far apart, but it's perfect for getting away.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #9
Griff
still says videotape

Man you crushed it! I wish you were my scout leader.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've done the Coors tour, you made a better choice.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:28 PM   #11
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I've done the Coors tour, you made a better choice.
I bicycled past the Coors complex, toured the Denver Mint.

(lived in Denver for half a year)
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:53 PM   #12
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Those are some awesome memories! The West is pretty cool. I wouldn't want to live there with everything so far apart, but it's perfect for getting away.
You'll adapt.

Come on out, you'll never go back.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #13
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, and hey look!

Walking Man!

Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #14
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Breathtaking out there. My daughter has showed me some of Colorado. Thanks for the fantastic pics and narrative, glatt.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #15
glatt

Hi Ortho!