Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2020, 12:00 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Voting by Mail

PA announced mail in ballots, not just for absentee voters but anyone.
I figured that the poll would be a zoo with long lines 6 ft apart so yes, by mail sounds good.

RA-voterregstatcert@state.pa.us May 6, 2020, 2:21 AM
Thank you for submitting your ballot application online. The Delaware County Election Office received your application on May 02, 2020 at 4:40:04 PM.
County: Delaware
Your application number is: 756693.
Your application is not complete until processed and accepted by your county election office. When your application is processed, you will receive an email status update.
If you have questions about your ballot application, please contact Delaware County at (610) 891-4659.

STSVCOMP001@pa.gov May 13, 2020, 8:12 PM
The DELAWARE County Election Office has processed your ballot application on 05/02/2020.
Your application status is: Approved.
If your application was approved, you will receive an email when your balloting materials are mailed.
If you have questions about your ballot application, please contact DELAWARE County at (610) 891-4659.

Department of State RA-STDepartmentofState@pa.gov Tue, May 19, 6:43 PM
Dear Pennsylvania Voter,
Thanks for applying to vote by mail or absentee - Return your ballot today to avoid any delays!
The Deadline for your county election office to receive your voted mail-in ballot is June 2nd at 8pm, but please don’t wait! Fill out your mail-in or absentee ballot and mail it today or return it in person to your county election office. Make sure to check the hours of operation on your county website or by calling to ensure there are staff on site to receive your completed ballot.
If you have already returned your ballot or have not yet received your mail-in or absentee ballot, you can easily check the status of your ballot online* or call your county election office for its status.
Thank you and stay safe!
Sincerely, Kathy Boockvar, Secretary of the Commonwealth

*I did, the site said my ballot was mailed on the 18th.

Department of State RA-STDepartmentofState@pa.gov May 25, 2020, 10:56 PM
Dear Pennsylvania Voter:
Make sure your voice is heard. Return your mail-in or absentee ballot today!
Only a few days left to deliver your ballot! To guarantee that your ballot gets in on time, call or email your county election office and ask about drop-off options where you can deliver it in person. The deadline for counties to receive your ballot is 8 p.m. on June 2, and the postmarked date does not count.
If you have already returned your ballot, you can easily check the status of your ballot here!
Thank you and stay safe!

Called the County office on the 27th, the guy took my info and said someone would call me back.
Surprise surprise, they didn’t.
Called again on the 28th, the woman said come pick it up between 1PM and 4PM on Friday May29th and tell her what time I would be there. When I got there on Friday the guard wouldn’t let me in the building and to wait outside and they would bring my ballot out. Sure enough she came out with the box of ballots for the three dozen people waiting.

RA-voterregstatcert@state.pa.us May 28, 2020, 10:19 PM
Your ballot is almost ready, and it's being prepared for mailing. If you do not receive your ballot in the next 5-7 days*, please contact your county election office.
If you have questions concerning your ballot, please contact DELAWARE County at (610) 891-4659.
Thank you ****Please do not reply to this email.****
*note this is 5 days before the election.

Department of State Fri, May 29, 11:45 AM
Dear Pennsylvania Voter:
Make sure your voice is heard in time! Return your mail-in or absentee ballot in person today!
Only a few days left to deliver your ballot! Many counties have recently implemented convenient drop-boxes and drop off locations for voters to deliver their mail-in or absentee ballots. For more information on locations and hours click HERE.
If you need more information, you can also call or email your county election office and ask about options where you can deliver the ballot in person. The deadline for counties to receive your ballot is 8 p.m. on June 2, and the postmarked date does not count. If you have already returned your ballot, you can easily check the status of your ballot here. If you don’t receive your ballot by Tuesday, you can still vote by provisional ballot in person at your polling place on June 2nd.
Thank you and stay safe!

The state clearly doesn’t have their shit together. What’s the point of a mail in ballot if I have to go to the Media office to get it, and then go back to return it? I asked how I could pick it up on the 29th if they mailed it on the 18th. She said they would just print me another one. The email from the state on the 29th said they were mailing a third one. Which one will be counted and who will fill it out?

OK, a ballot came in the mail on Friday the 29th, postmarked Tuesday the 26th. This must be the one they said was mailed on the 18th. The return address is the Media office but I doubt they mailed it, I’d guess after they approved it the state mailed it. That’s two accounted for.

RA-voterregstatcert@state.pa.us June 1st, 2:18 PM
Your ballot has been received by DELAWARE County on 06/01/2020.
Your ballot status has been updated to reflect your official ballot has been received timely and recorded.

Please note: You are no longer permitted to vote at your polling place location now that you have returned your ballot timely. If you have questions about your ballot, please contact DELAWARE County at (610) 891-4659.
Thank you
****Please do not reply to this email.****

This would apparently be the ballot I picked up in Media and mailed on Friday. I'm thinking the email from the state 5 days before the election saying one was was being mailed was probably generated by the Media office printing out the duplicate I picked up.