The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-08-2004, 08:51 AM   #1
iamthewalrus109
High Propagandist

Bush revelations/Kerry's attack attempt

Startiling new salvos are set to come out tonight on 60min 2 and have already come out in the Boston Globe and on the AP wire. The question is will former let. governor of Texas Ben Barnes' story about the "champage unit" and K. Kelley's expose do enough harm to cancel out the swifties effect on the Kerry campaign and bring this race back to an even draw.

Walrus
iamthewalrus109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

The race is currently a draw, popular-vote-wise. Time and Newsweek notwithstanding, Bush got maybe a 3% lead in his convention bump, which is mostly dissipated by now.

(see "News from the Votemaster" in each link.)
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #3
iamthewalrus109
High Propagandist

Not quite

I hate to say but anything under a 10 point lead by a challenger at this point is gravy anyway. Bush has the upper hand, and he was able to make the Rep. convention a place to monger fear and zealotry, much more so than ever before. The reaction to the RNC proceedings compared to the DNC proceedings was stark and drastic, Bush was able to use the convention to bolster his overall approval ratings, not just as a candidate but as president. Even statistically going in to November with an even draw is not good for Kerry, he needs to assert his vision, and maintain a eddifying force against GWB's claims of superior character, without appearing too partisan, all I have to say is good luck JFK. When I saw "even draw" in the first post I'm really not just making reference to polling data, much of which I find highly questionable due to our last experience in 2000, I simply was saying in the eyes of voters, on a denegration of character issue. The polls can call it even until the pollsters are all blue in the face, enough smoke and mirrors and sustained character attacks from dissassociated 527s adds up at election time, wind this all down to the debates, Bush can push Kerry into a helpless hapless overthinker who doesn't know which side of the coin he wants to call, my point is Kerry's attack as good, just a point of political showdown talk, not a discourse on polling data. Although I have mentioned Bush's intital bounce after the convention, which your right, has dissapated, I still believe that it's effect was better on his overall standing than his campaign, which in essence helps the campaign, but really is a great bolster to his image, but I'm curious as to if the Kerry campaign can get at the man GWB, and raise questions to his background and sincerety, you must say Bush was able to cloak his attacks a little bit better.

Walrus

Last edited by iamthewalrus109; 09-08-2004 at 11:35 AM. Reason: addition
iamthewalrus109 is offline   Reply With Quote