The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-15-2003, 01:57 PM   #91
DNK
Thick skinned and I like (my wife's) Bush

Re: I wanted a go at it...

Quote:
Originally posted by DNK
So here tis. Corel PHOTO-PAINT 7. Very quick stab. Under 10 minutes. How'd I do?
I suppose I should include the pic.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2003, 02:09 PM   #92
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's some out of the box thinking, effective technique, good work!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 02:18 PM   #93
zeet
Provocateur

The thing that gets me about the example that we're using, though is ... well, if the lighting were different, half of that touch-up work wouldn't be necessary. There are ways to light someone who has skin that is that reflective, and you certainly don't need to leave such big shadows under the eyes. It seems like lots of the examples on his site are just poor photography or lazy set preperation being fixed in post. Now, it might be cheaper to do it that way, often, but that doesn't necessarily show great AD.
zeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:25 PM   #94
russotto
Professor

Absolutely. The eyes are very badly shadowed and the spectral lighting really emphasizes the skin imperfections. It looks like they used just one photo flood with no diffuser.

However, the artist did more than fix that; he also narrowed her jawline, and did very nice work around the eyes to remove the creases without making the picture look obviously fake. If you look at the whole-body picture you can see he narrowed her waistline and her right arm, increased her bustline, and turned her right hand somewhat. That's not just fixing photographic issues.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #95
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

"ACME Modeling Agency... our models can be fixed in fewer steps."
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #96
Annebonannie
Paramour of Paradigm

DNK I think you did a fabulous job of downloading the image from the beginning of this thread, reflecting it 90 degrees, and reposting it as your own airbrush work.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:08 PM   #97
Annebonannie
Paramour of Paradigm

I've been thinking about it, and I think the guy, Greg Adpodaca, cheated a little by doing his airbrush work, and then taking the original image and using an unsharp filter on it to accentuate her imperfections to make his finished product comparison that much more dramatic.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:11 AM   #98
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

I'm not sure about all the digital photo touch-up computer programs mumbo-jumbo, but if I knew how much they touched stuff up I would have pursued a career in modeling. Even on a bad day I look better than that chick. I was going to try and get on ABC's Extreme Makeover show, but I can just send you guys/gals a pic and let you have a go at improving my looks. It would be a lot less painful

Last edited by LUVBUGZ; 08-18-2003 at 03:15 AM.
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:23 AM   #99
Nothing But Net
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Even on a bad day I look better than that chick.
That may very well be true, but on the other hand she probably doesn't have a screen name that sounds like a sexually transmitted disease.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:31 PM   #100
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Touche Net! Actually I'm not all that attractive, but I figure if your being paid to be a model you shouldn't have to be airbrushed to death. At least I feel a little better knowing that pretty much every chick in a mag. really isn't all that great looking in real life. Take that blonde for example, sure she looks better than I do in her before pic, but after a tweek of the pixels she looks totally different. Not even the same person really, but the point is she is getting paid to be beautiful and after all is said and done she got paid to look like someone better looking than herself. So, why couldn't I do the same thing? I've been living under the false assumption that you have to beautiful to begin with to be a model.

As to my screen name, it has nothing at all to do w/STD's. I'm merely a Bugs Bunny fan and thought LUVBUGZ was better than I LOVE BUGS BUNNY. Any suggestions on something better?
Old 08-18-2003, 01:58 PM   #101
juju
no one of consequence

How about something that isn't in all caps?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 02:27 PM   #102
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
How about something that isn't in all caps?
Yea, I was thinking that myself. It is kind of a pain to hit caps lock all the time. I'll wait until I hear Net's comment before I make a change since he seem's to be the one having a problem with it. Not that it matters what he thinks, I'm just curious what suggesions he comes up with. Thanks
Old 08-18-2003, 03:50 PM   #103
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I like LUVBUGZ.:p
Old 09-10-2003, 04:11 PM   #104
happyhshoe
Sibling of the Commonweal

Talking

Well, perhaps the guy took way too much Vitrol.
We have a similar word in English ... Vitriol. The former is probably something put out by Squibb or E.I. Lilly, and contains the following warnings: People who had birth mothers should not take Vitrol. The incidence of exanguanation, profuse bleeding from the armpits, and spontaneous femoral combustion was found to be nominal. Some patients reported losing their sight after taking Vitrol. Talk to your Doctor about Vitrol.

Now, folks, I am only kidding. Please don't think I am trying to do anything other than mess around.
Have fun.
happyhshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #105
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What the hell have you been smoking?
Where can I get some?