The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #616
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Side effects may include: feeling better, looking fly as fuck, saving some goddamn money...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #617
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Hehehehehehe.....I read about the book. Tell us the food are tasty after y'all tried the recipes.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #618
glatt

My old work provided iPhone 4S has been having annoying battery issues.

If I do something power intensive, like run Google Earth, when the battery is at 50% or so, the phone will shut down and say the battery is dead. So I plug it back in, and it turns on again and says everything is just fine. It has 60% power and all is good in the world. No big deal unless I'm on a hike, or camping or something and can't charge it.

So I just bought a myCharge AmpMax power supply. It's pretty cool. Smaller than a deck of cards. It has a female USB port, so it will charge any device with your provided cable. They give you another cable so you can charge it from your USB power source (wall wart, car charger, laptop, etc.)

It's supposed to be able to fully charge your phone 2-3 times before needing to be recharged itself.

One more thing to carry on those trips, but not too bad.
Name:  banner_lg_NJ-myCharge.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  58.7 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #619
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
It's supposed to be able to fully charge your phone 2-3 times before needing to be recharged itself.
That's handy.

ETA: And they're not outrageously expensive, either.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #620
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Glatt, how long does it take the thing to fully charge your phone?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:38 PM   #621
glatt

I haven't timed it, but it seems about the same as using the regular charger plugged in to the wall.

My official Apple wall charger has a 1 amp output, and this thing has a 2.4 amp output, so in theory, it should be faster than plugging in to the wall, but the phone probably has some circuitry to drop that back down to 1 amp.

There are other products out there that do the same thing for a little less money, but I wanted this for a weekend camping trip and Target had a bunch of them on the shelf. I didn't want to pay for express shipping ordering something else online. (Like one of the the Anker 6000 devices, which also look nice.)
Old 10-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #622
glatt

I tried this product out over the weekend camping trip. From Friday afternoon through Sunday, the phone died 3 times, and this charger recharged it quickly each time. And according to the battery indicator on the charger it only used half of its own charge.

I was wearing pants with big pockets, and the charger-cord-phone combo easily all fit into one pocket. I could pull the phone out to use it while it was charging, and it looked to anyone watching like I had one of those new iThigh USB port medical implants that runs off you body's metabolism.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #623
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cool.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #624
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

EASEUS

the card I had all those family pictures on got effed up, and was not readable. I was able to recover them with EASEUS. it put TIF extensions on all my CRW files, but I was able to figure out how to re-tag them all as a batch via the command prompt.

whew.

$74, but well worth having that program in my tool box.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #625
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I use DiskDigger.

It's a little clunky, but it's free as fuck.

Hasn't failed me yet.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #626
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Surely that should be DiskDigr...
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #627
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Should.

They prolly didn't want the guilt-by-association.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:39 PM   #628
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
xoxoxoBruce and Gravdigr Approved

http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

Not the product, per se, but the company for sure!

Get out your fecal rosters.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #629
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That glitter link is dead. Apparently it's a small Aussie outfit, so when their existence went viral on Redditt, I'm guessing they were overwhelmed. Probably went screaming into the night.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #630
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Claey's Wild Cherry.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  77.4 KB

I used Claye's watermelon candies to infuse a little extra sumpin-sumpin in to sumpin that came from a mason jar full of sumpin:

Name:  Watermelon Infusion.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  67.9 KB

I calls it Melonade™, and it'll cure what ails ya. Ahem, would have cured what ailed ya.