The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-14-2016, 07:40 AM   #11491
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Awesome! Awesome awesome! Hope she finds this a windfall. A small liberal arts college is a fine way to go in my opinion. (Cos that's what I did, at Albright, roughly an Ursinus sister school up the road)

(A few days before I went to work for the narcissist, I got an email from Ursinus asking for an interview for a job opening I had inquired about. Had I not already accepted... well I suspect it would have been perfect. )
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #11492
glatt

She's looking at a handful of schools. All similar to Ursinus. Small liberal arts places. I think she will fit in well at one.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #11493
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Congrats glatt. Great school. My daughter went to Neumann University. Not on par with Ursinus costwise, but I still feel your pain. Does that # include books and food?
Old 12-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #11494
glatt

That number includes food and books and misc fees.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #11495
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Go girlchild!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #11496
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Food, but not lodging?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #11497
glatt

everything
Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #11498
Griff
still says videotape

morning ski, three days running
Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #11499
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
So, she paid the bail bondsman, but the jail wouldn't release my buddy till 6 am the next morning. ...

I will remember those breastages and those little, little black panties with the little tiny red ribbon bows around the top walking in from the bathroom in the very early morning for the rest. of. my. life.

Even if I live to be 10,000 years old.

BTW, dude's outta jail, urrbody's home, and I still have an erection.

A little late but,

pics or it didn't fappen

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week, Try the chicken breast...
Old 12-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #11500
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If only I could draw...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:53 AM   #11501
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Talking

That feeling when: 70% of the way through your financial year you've invoiced as much business as in the whole of the last financial year ...
(after losing a major client who represented around 40% of your income)
Old 12-16-2016, 07:15 AM   #11502
glatt

Yesterday I was really happy for a trivial thing, but that's sometimes the way it works, isn't it?

I needed to deal with some stupid red tape at the courthouse on the will/estate I'm dealing with. I was dreading it because visiting this clerk is by appointment only and I didn't have an appointment.

Found the last spot in the court parking lot, and I paid for 2 hours of parking, just in case I was going to have to sit there for a while to wait my turn to be helped.

They had a miniature Christmas tree with a train running around it on the counter, Christmas music softly playing, and a candy jar. And the clerk in the back of the office looked up and saw me standing there, and came right over to help me. She updated and notarized my document and didn't charge me the two dollars I was expecting them to charge. It went so smoothly. She was so friendly. And I was back to the parking lot in under 5 minutes. Cars were circling at that point, looking for spots. So I gestured to one guy where my car was and he waited while I pulled out. I had to pass him as I pulled away, so I rolled down my window and grabbed my almost 2 hours of paid parking slip off the dash, and passed it over to him. He was confused at first, but then said "Awesome! Thank you. Happy Holidays."

So that's it. Gave me a boost that lasted most of the day.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #11503
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Yesterday I was really happy for a trivial thing, but that's sometimes the way it works, isn't it?

I needed to deal with some stupid red tape at the courthouse on the will/estate I'm dealing with. I was dreading it because visiting this clerk is by appointment only and I didn't have an appointment.

Found the last spot in the court parking lot, and I paid for 2 hours of parking, just in case I was going to have to sit there for a while to wait my turn to be helped.

They had a miniature Christmas tree with a train running around it on the counter, Christmas music softly playing, and a candy jar. And the clerk in the back of the office looked up and saw me standing there, and came right over to help me. She updated and notarized my document and didn't charge me the two dollars I was expecting them to charge. It went so smoothly. She was so friendly. And I was back to the parking lot in under 5 minutes. Cars were circling at that point, looking for spots. So I gestured to one guy where my car was and he waited while I pulled out. I had to pass him as I pulled away, so I rolled down my window and grabbed my almost 2 hours of paid parking slip off the dash, and passed it over to him. He was confused at first, but then said "Awesome! Thank you. Happy Holidays."

So that's it. Gave me a boost that lasted most of the day.
This made my day! Thanks.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:34 AM   #11504
Griff
still says videotape

Big smile man!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #11505
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

nice!