The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 03-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #76
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

And furthermore... If Daryll can ride a motorcycle, he can drive a stick shift
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #77
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

And why are they sending out teams of 2 and 3 when there's a clear and present danger?

And the irresponsibility! Abraham letting Eugene be on his own, Daryl letting Rosita go on her own, and Daryl and Rosita not paying attention to Denise, when she wanders off the tracks.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #78
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Infuriating
Old 03-23-2016, 05:59 AM   #79
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a Walking Dead dream last night.
I dreamed a whole episode. No spoilers, although if you haven't watched this series so far, there may be some inadvertent ones.

Note - what follows has gaping plot holes, as I was actually dreaming, not writing a script.

Daryl decided that the bast way to sort out the friendly from the non-friendly living was to burn their faces, although leave them with medical supplies so they didn't die of it. That way no-one could turn up and be all pretendy-friendly. You got a burned face, you're with the bad guys.

Rick went along with idea, and added his own twist.
He got all of his group tattooed, so that they could be identified. Little hearts on their shoulders. At this point I was actually in the show, and was nearly discovered by the burnt-faces, when I was hiding in the tattoo parlour.

See, they'd captured Carole, realised her tattoo was recent and there must therefore be a reason for it - body modification not being top of the list when it comes to surviving, and gone to every one in the local area. They knew that if they found the right one, it would lead them back to Rick.

Also Carl had grown up. I mean really grown up. He was played by the same actor but was in his late twenties, and some kind of disease had made all his hair fall out. Like all of it, eyelashes, pubes etc. It had also given him a lumpy mis-shapen head, like a potato.

It's quite obvious where most of the above comes from. But I also woke up clutching a heart-shaped bead really hard, so I didn't drop it and alert the burnt-faces. Only to find I not only had an empty hand, but had dug my nails into my palm hard enough to leave marks. Tcha.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #80
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

In some ways this was the weaker of the last few eps. Some of the decisions made and some of the dialogue felt a little off. Crowbarred in for plot purposes. Like the whole thing with Daryl and the stick shift. The only reason for that little exchange was to get in the stuff about Denise's background. It kind of jarred. And the other examples already listed too.

That said, for the most part it was still a really good episode. This series has been so good. The way they are playing around with narrative structure is really exciting and fresh. They've been doing interesting stuff all season.

And if Mellissa Mcbride doesn't get an emmy for this show there's no justice in the world. Her portrayal of Carol is brilliant. She is one of the best female characters I have ever seen in a tv drama.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:38 AM   #81
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Agreed. She's one of my favorites. She is somehow able to convey a person that is vulnerable, timid and uncertain, yet cold, fierce and unforgiving all in one moment. Very complex character. I doubt they wrote her that way. She is immersed in the role to the point where she has created herself.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:02 AM   #82
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Just finished watching Season 6.
I watched most of it when it came out in the UK, but missed the last episode (being in rehab and all that)
I have to stay strong re series 7, which probably means staying out of this thread. There is someone who wants me to watch it with him, but I have serious issues about associating with him. What a choice, eh?

Anyway, I have a rough idea of how things will go. I have the graphic novel compendium. And I know Ezekiel and Shiva are coming. OMG I can't wait.
Not a spoiler, it's in the trailers apparently.
But I've yet to hear him - I hope he either has a really deep Southern accent or a strong Caribbean one.